City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5) City of Lost Souls question

Do you think Sebastian was the other Jace?
Deb Deb Jun 15, 2012 07:48PM
I just finished reading COLS and I was wondering if anyone thought that when Jace wasn't himself, if it was actually Sebastian. Sebastian is the only one that calls Clary Clarissa, and most of the scenes where Jace and Clary were making out it seemed like more of the way that Sebastian would've handled her. One more thing was when Jace and Sebastian showed up at Luke's house for Clary, and Jace was talking to her and he mentioned that his relatives were British and when Clary was with Sebastian she mentions him having a slight accent. In binding himself to Jace, I think he got to spend quality time with Clary, when she thought she was with Jace, Sebastian has always wanted Clary. This is just my opinion. What are your thoughts.

Jace was being influenced by Sebastian which is what made him act the way he did, but Sebastian wasn't possessing him.

Whitney (last edited Jun 27, 2012 08:36AM ) Jun 27, 2012 08:36AM   0 votes
Sebastian had influence over the "other" Jace and could kind of direct where how he was thinking and behaving. Jace explains it when Clary cut the rune and he was himself for the one night.

Deb wrote: "I just finished reading COLS and I was wondering if anyone thought that when Jace wasn't himself, if it was actually Sebastian. Sebastian is the only one that calls Clary Clarissa, and most of the ..."

I don't think that would be possible. Seb and Jace were bonded but it was only by blood. They were not bonded by thought. I don't think that Seb is strong enough to take over Jace.

well it probably wasnt completely seb but it was, i think, part seb, because they are connected so it would make sense that they act similarly.

Im pretty sure it was Jace. But like he would say the "other" Jace.