Rapture (Fallen, #4) Rapture discussion

Were you happy with the ending?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 218 (218 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

Emily I was personally happy with the ending. Although, I kind of wish it showed them falling in love instead of just meeting and that's it. But, I did like the epilogue. It was cute:) Your thoughts?

Jessie Hi :) I just finished the book, and I loved the ending. But you're right, I would have loved a bit more of their reunion. Questionnn, who was the 'coin tossing' guy? Was that Lucifer? or Cam? Because I thought Cam had piercing green eyes, and I know Lucifer had blue.. and when Shelby asked the angels where Cam was, no one answered! Its been breaking my head. And that Max guy she made a big deal about.. was THAT Cam maybe? Help me out! lol

message 3: by Nicole (new) - added it

Nicole I hope there's a Cam snif-off.

Salllyballly bad ending :( i was sad that they had to be turned to mortals i cried cus it was so unfair (although i hate luce on some part because she was a cheater!!!!)

message 5: by Margarita (new)

Margarita how was she a cheater?

message 6: by Christy (new)

Christy Lau Salllyballly wrote: "bad ending :( i was sad that they had to be turned to mortals i cried cus it was so unfair (although i hate luce on some part because she was a cheater!!!!)"

IKR! I cried so much when they turned into mortals. I cried and I cried because I kept re-reading the last sentence. It's just really unfair how they went through so much together, and now they just forget all about it? How is that fair? And because their mortals, they die, so I'm so sad that there's gunna be an end to their lives. I hope Lauren Kate makes another series but with Cam as the main character. I wanna find out who was the woman who broke his heart!!!!
P.S. I keep listening to this song, and it reminds me so much of Luce and Daniel and it just makes me cry even harder. :'(

Teresa Mary Rose The coin tossing guy was Lucifer. He had auburn hair, like the "young" Lucifer did.
I think there is going to be a Cam spin-off cause he was left really open.
Personally I liked the ending. They are mortal now, so what? They get to live a life together and be in love and be happy. So what if they don't remember all the other lives or what they went through, they will still love each other, and just cause they don't get to love eachother forever doesn't mean they will love each other any less. They finally have a chance at a normal and happy relationship where Luce doesn't blow up.
The epilogue was my favorite part, I thought it was hysterical and really really sweet.
The only thing I would have liked was to see their wedding or something like that instead of just meeting, other than that I thought Kate wrapped up the series nicely.

Kathy Christy wrote: "Salllyballly wrote: "bad ending :( i was sad that they had to be turned to mortals i cried cus it was so unfair (although i hate luce on some part because she was a cheater!!!!)"

IKR! I cried so m..."

i thought the ending was so bad at first but then i saw the sweet side to it...i cried cuz its just so bittersweet! i loved it and hated it! ugh i can't decide! and yeah what about cam? the question kinda annoyed me...lauren kate shouldn't of left questions unanswered:( but it was good...and bad....UGH I'm gonna stick with bittersweet:D

★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ I definitely wasn't satisfied with the ending. Luce lost everyone she cared for when she became a mortal again: her parents, her friends, Daniel (or the thousands of years in history they had together), and herself. She lost who she was, a person she had worked thousands of years to make.

Also, I was upset with the lack of Cam-closure.

Did anyone else think during the book that Luce was the one Cam had lost?

Teresa Mary Rose I thought the person Cam lost was Lilith from the third book. Did I miss something?

★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ Teresa wrote: "I thought the person Cam lost was Lilith from the third book. Did I miss something?"

It did say that, but I got the feeling that there was something between Luce and Cam. Espeically with the events of Fallen, when Cam was trying to when Luce the whole time.

Teresa Mary Rose I see what you mean, I guess I just never interpreted it that way.

Apples I'm confused about the end. Why was Lucifer playing heads and tails with Luce? Is he somehow mortal now? Wait why the heck is the DEVIL doing laundry in a college dorm?

And Cam! What happened to him? He just flew of into the sunset. Did he somehow switch places with Lucifer?

17 years later? Wait so right after she agreed to be mortal did she die? How exactly were her parents supposed to deal with that? Or did she decide to go to college in her thirties?

And wait what happens to Luce and Daniel after they die? Do they become angels again?

message 14: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa RC Gini wrote: "I'm confused about the end. Why was Lucifer playing heads and tails with Luce? Is he somehow mortal now? Wait why the heck is the DEVIL doing laundry in a college dorm?

And Cam! What happened to h..."

Umm, yeah Lucifer was playing heads and tails with Luce. I think he was checking up on her because he missed her, or something. Cam... no one knew what happened to him, but I am assuming Lilith was the one who broke his heart. (For those who don't remember, she wanted them to get married, but because Cam couldn't enter the church, she broke up with him).

I personally enjoyed the ending. It made the first three books worth reading. There were both mortals. I thought that was perfect because throughout the past three books, I kind of thought Luce and Daniel's love wasn't TRUE, and that it was part of the curse they were sentenced with. But seeing them as mortals without a curse and falling in love erased all my doubts.

Teresa Mary Rose Lisa wrote: "Gini wrote: "I'm confused about the end. Why was Lucifer playing heads and tails with Luce? Is he somehow mortal now? Wait why the heck is the DEVIL doing laundry in a college dorm?

And Cam! What ..."

I agree with everything you said about the ending. I thought it was the perfect way to end it.

message 16: by Cady (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cady Lorenzana I like the ending because I didn't expect it to be like that. I really thought Luce is a demon. Not an angel! Hahahaha. Anyway, for Cam, I think he does have his own story thats why he was left open in the last series. Honestly, I like the whole series not because of Daniel and Luce's love but because of Cam. He is my favorite character in the whole series.

Rachael I was so sad and yet went to sleep with a smile on my face after I finished.... The thought of them forgetting everyone, Luce and Daniel, especially Daniel, loosing their wings was so sad. The way they both gave everything and everyone up without a second thought was so utterly beautiful it made the ending for me - "I can't wait to make you the love of my mortal life," He never had any doubts they would meet again, that he would find her as he always did!
The slate is wiped clean for them. No memories of how many times they have lost each other, how many of their loved ones they have lost. They can finally experience true love, only complicated by human problems. They can marry, have a white picket fence and lots and lots of Grigori babies.
When they die, I believe they'll meet each other in Heaven as a normal mortal would, not as Angels.

Rachael "Mortality is the most romantic story ever told. Just one chance to do everything you should. Then, magically, you move on."-Cam.. How lovely :)

Teresa Mary Rose Rachael wrote: ""Mortality is the most romantic story ever told. Just one chance to do everything you should. Then, magically, you move on."-Cam.. How lovely :)"

love that! and i loved your answer and I agree completely. The ending was beautifully bittersweet!

percabeth i'm a little confused about the ending...what happened to cam? he just took off then like nothing! poof! he's gone! i hope there's another series with cam and maybe shelby and miles's kid(s)! that'd be cool!

Rachael I think she may have died because the penultimate chapter titled "Perfect strangers- seventeen years later" and they're just starting college. I took this to mean they had both died...

Rachael And of course, in her new life she lives in Texas where her parents had driven the 4 days to get to her new college. They drove past 'Sword and Cross' nearly three days into their journey.

Gabriel Laurent All in all, I liked the ending. Although I'm not sure I liked it for what it was as much as for finally being able to understand why Luce kept bursting in flames. Also, I wish they had explained the curse more. One thing that irked me was that it was apparently a curse from both side (The Throne's and Lucifer's) but what exactly were their curses? I wish they would have elaborated (or perhaps I missed the details?). Also, did her Lucinda Price incarnation really have to die? I felt bad for her parents and her best friend.

...But Arriane is so adorable (especially in the epilogue) that I will forget everything with which I had issues.

Rachael I think, and I could be wrong, they were cursed because no angel can adore any one else other than God and so therefore because Luce and Daniel chose love over God and Lucifer they were cursed to live a life where neither could really be together.... I think??

Emily Yeah. They were reborn. I thought that exactly. "Why aren't they out of college and 34??!?!?!" They were reborn none of the other angels or Shelby or Miles were:)

Jenna I was crying by the end of this book. Soooooo devestated!!! It killed me that they were born again and forgot all about their past lives and their love for each other. In a way, that kinda made the series pointless, since they forgot EVERYTHING. I still love this series, though. :)

Kristin I cried over the ending. It was bitter sweet for me. I wish we would have gotten a better look into their future together. I wouldn't mind reading a novella of it in the future. I wouldn't mind a Cam spin off because everything with him was left open. I would love to know who broke his heart. I loved the epilogue it was soooo sweet!!

message 28: by Sista123 (last edited Jun 29, 2012 08:55AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sista123 I was totally depressed when after centuries of finding and losing eachother their chance to actually be together as mortals was just that - a chance! No guarantee that they'll be together. i thought that was cruel and totally unfair but thankfully it worked out. However the whole Cam thing REALLY bothers me? Why set up the story from the beginning to seem as if Cam was another love interest? Why in the cave when Luce and Cam were alone did it seem so desperately important to him that she remember him in the past? Why did he need her to trust him? The moment felt like it was somehow crucial to the story but nothing came of it! Will we never know? And how for such an important character as Cam could he just fly off in the end? What the hell was that? And why would no one respond to the question of Cam's whereabouts in the end? The book spoke a lot about balance ... where were Cam and Roland on that score and why did they stay in limbo? I enjoyed the book but not having closure really sucks.

Sista123 And what the hell was the significance of the heads and tails game? What if Luce had said tails? What then? Ok I think I've gotten it all out. I THINK!!

Sista123 Wait one more!! besides needing a reason to get Luce to Swords & Cross, somebody please explain Luce's combustible lips when it came to Trevor please?

Rachael Haha Sista123, quite alot of good questions there I struggled with the whole, Cam love interest thing. As for the head and tails thing I think it was just to let us know that not just the angels were watching them. I've tried my best to work out the whole Trevor thing and the only explanation I can come up with is that it was the universes doing. The Universe always sends Luce to Daniel, sort of thing, so he hides somewhere he never expected to find Luce but then the universe/fate/destiny/god and or Lucifer, had to create a way to send her to him.... I hope that helps because a lot of the questions you had I have also wondered about. It's still the Cam one I can't answer. I really hope LK writes a spin off for him!

Salllyballly Sista123 wrote: "And what the hell was the significance of the heads and tails game? What if Luce had said tails? What then? Ok I think I've gotten it all out. I THINK!!"

I think this is like the curse the fallen angels have with churches, how they set them on fire but for luce is when she fall in love with a mortal. She can never fall for a mortal, even when she is one herself that was her curse since she choose daniel

message 33: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat I loved the ending, but thought it was a bit short. Be nice to have a little spin off about Cam and the other angels

Jessica I was happy with the ending. I thought the author did a good job with telling us about the beginning of their love story. I was a little sad that they had to start all over again, but I'm so glad they found each other at the end. It was very cute. The only real problems I had with the ending/series is that I wish they told us why Roland decided to side with Lucifer (or did she mention this earlier on and I completely missed it)? And I honestly really enjoyed Cam a lot. Like.. he was one of my favorite characters, and I wish we were able to find out what happened to him. The ending where the group was talking and Shelby asked if anyone had seen Cam and everyone was silent made me so sad. Plus, I really wanted to know about his love story and why it made him choose Lucifer's side too!

Jessica Sista123 wrote: "I was totally depressed when after centuries of finding and losing eachother their chance to actually be together as mortals was just that - a chance! No guarantee that they'll be together. i thoug..."

YES! This whole post. I completely agree with everything!

Kasey I LOVED THE ENDING BUT I WANTED MORE OF IT AND I ALSO WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO CAM I MEAN NO ONE ANSWERED WHEN SHELBY ASKED WHY I REALLY WANT TO KNOW!!!!!! DID ANY OF THE OTHER ANGELS TALK TO CAM ANYMORE WHAT HAPPENED!

cccindyrella I friggin' love the ending! Though I wallowed for days because they became mortals, I realized it was perfect! No other ending would do. I just want CAM'S BOOK! Pretty please?? He's suffered long enough. He deserves a happy ending. :)

cccindyrella Sista123 wrote: "I was totally depressed when after centuries of finding and losing eachother their chance to actually be together as mortals was just that - a chance! No guarantee that they'll be together. i thoug..."

Oh Jesus, you said it all!

Melanie785 I thought it was a good ending. I did wish there would have been closure with Cam. As for Lucifer in the laundry room - the angels were forbidden to interfer in Daniel and Luce's life, but Lucifer doesn't follow God's rules. I have a feeling he will be there and any chance he could have to get Luce back he will take it.

Hannah Nicole wrote: "I hope there's a Cam snif-off."Ye

Yes! That would be perfect. I just need to know what happened to my poor baby Cam.

message 41: by Katy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy Sista123 wrote: "Wait one more!! besides needing a reason to get Luce to Swords & Cross, somebody please explain Luce's combustible lips when it came to Trevor please?"

This has always bothered me! Why did poor old Trevor die lol

message 42: by Katy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Katy Personally I have enjoyed the whole series and thought the ending was great! I did think that perhaps cam would be become an angel again and not a demon but perhaps not! I do think there were lots of unanswered questions but nevertheless I still love Daniel :)

message 43: by Lea (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lea Hated and Loved the ending it sank really to my heart cried so much at how beautiful it was. I am really upset about all the angels i wish they could go with Luce and Daniel but iT was a beautiful sad/happy ending i REALLY REALLY LOVE YOU! Cam Arriane Gabbe Luce Daniel Molly Callie Miles Shelby Roland and Annabelle R.I.P Gabbe Penn and Molly <3 Espcially love Cam xxx

message 44: by Lea (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lea Jenna wrote: "I was crying by the end of this book. Soooooo devestated!!! It killed me that they were born again and forgot all about their past lives and their love for each other. In a way, that kinda made the..."

Sameee!

Crystal Jessie wrote: "Hi :) I just finished the book, and I loved the ending. But you're right, I would have loved a bit more of their reunion. Questionnn, who was the 'coin tossing' guy? Was that Lucifer? or Cam? Becau..."

Hi I am pretty sure the guy doing the coin toss is lucifer

message 46: by Tash (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tash Gordon I was unhappy with this book full stop. I had predicted the end and was very disappointed because i feel like she could have wrote so much more but just couldn't be bothered with it anymore.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Somewhat happy and sad. Because I can't let myself think that Daniel would grow old and die. Happy because they would be finally together. And I think that's cuuuuute. ♥

Ariella Mendez Does anyone else wish this would kinda happen to them?! Like ok, I'm going to sound stupid but I don't give a crap, I hope I find my soul mate<3 like that one guy who you can't help falling in love with and spending the rest of your lives together?

message 49: by l (last edited Jul 09, 2012 03:10AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

l I just wanted them to stay angels forever. It was weird with Miles and Shelby together...and married...with kids while Daniel and Luce were stiiiillll teenagers.

Ariella Mendez I don't like Miles and Shelby together:/ Miles says he loves Luce and then she leaves for a few hours and all of a sudden him and Shelby are all close and in love? No. Thats not how it is.

« previous 1 3 4 5