Love Inspired Historicals discussion

What is happening at my Walmart?

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara (last edited Jun 15, 2012 05:23PM) (new)

Barbara | 517 comments My closest Walmart here in Indiana just rearranged all of their books, and the whole Love Inspired line suddenly disappeared!!! :( I certainly hope it's temporary. I did try to find out, but they said the local store doesn't control what the vendor sends. There actually weren't nearly as many Harlequins in general, and more larger paperbacks like Robin Carr, so I'm hoping they're just waiting to put them out later in the month. Meijer still has all of them, and I haven't had a chance to check a couple of other Walmarts that aren't far. Anyone else experiencing this?

message 2: by Judy (new)

Judy I'll have to check next time I get to one of ours or I'll ask my neighbor who just started working at a new one. While working Spring Training I met the guy who is in charge of rearranging the stores and chewed him out for confusing me so badly.

We moved from Indiana 10 years ago Barbara, what area are you in? We lived in Crown Point, born and raised in Lansing, IL. across the line.

message 3: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
Oh, Judy and Barbara -- let us all know what's happening at your WalMarts. They have been stocking lots of Love Inspired titles and I hope that continues.

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 517 comments I live a few minutes south of Indianapolis, but have also lived in Muncie and Marion when I was younger. I do know where Crown Point is, though.

message 5: by Judy (new)

Judy Barbara wrote: "I live a few minutes south of Indianapolis, but have also lived in Muncie and Marion when I was younger. I do know where Crown Point is, though."
Oh yes, all familiar.

Janet- I emailed my neighbor to ask her about it. She's probably at work now.

message 6: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (baseballblondie) | 75 comments I've not checked my Walmart (one of 3 within a 10 minute drive from me) recently. I typically avoid Walmart as I impulse buy in books, scrapbooking and movies.

But I have seen the Love Inspired books (can't remember if they were the suspense, regular, or historicals) at Kroger!

message 7: by Judy (new)

Judy Our local Safeway, which is also Dominicks and a few others... carries a nice amount of each for a grocery store.

message 8: by JanetTronstad (new)

Well, that's encouraging - Dawn & Judy.

message 9: by Sandie (new)

Sandie Mixa (goodreadscomsandie) | 19 comments Our Walmart in Orangevale, CA still has all the Love Inspired as of yesterday. I can't go in there without looking at those! Problem is I need to stop buying them. I have a couple dozen waiting to be read!

message 10: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 517 comments Yes, I've seen them at Kroger also!

message 11: by JanetTronstad (new)

Yeah, Sandie -- need to read some to buy some (at least that's my rule for me). I'm afraid if I had a kindle or nook though that I would be out of control. So easy to buy with one of those.

message 12: by JanetTronstad (new)

Good news, Barbara!

message 13: by Judy (new)

Judy I don't go to Target much but I have noticed they have a nice assortment of LI as well.

message 14: by Judy (new)

Judy Here is what my neighbor says about her Wal-Mart here in Surprise, Arizona...."My store looked like it had some last week"
She goes on to say she was looking for a couple books I mentioned on Facebook and they didn't have them...I don't remember what they were though.

message 15: by JanetTronstad (new)

Glad to hear they have some Love Inspired ones, Judy.

message 16: by Judy (new)

Judy Janet Tronstad wrote: "Glad to hear they have some Love Inspired ones, Judy."
She scared me by saying she's looking to buy me books I mentioned, my reading time is scrunched lately! I do have a good book to start right now though.

message 17: by JanetTronstad (new)

Judy -- I'm honored to still be on your reading list!

message 18: by Judy (new)

Judy Janet Tronstad wrote: "Judy -- I'm honored to still be on your reading list!"

It's great to read the books I'm caught up with and the books where I have all those "old friends" to revisit as well, like in Dry Creek, Mule Hollow and Angel Falls among some places.

I did just review Allie Pleiters book, Homefront Hero and highly recommend it. It was really a unique story.

message 19: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Hale | 639 comments Mod
I haven't checked my local Walmart here in Canada, but I got a scare when I was in the Superstore grocery the other day. Usually they shelve the historicals (both HH and LIH down on the lower shelf, but when I looked there I only say Winnie's book. I though perhaps they hadn't gotten any of the others.

Then my daughter pointed them out right at eye level! So I moved Winnie's to be with the others. The four of them look so pretty together.

I hope your Walmart gets things sorted out, Barbara.

message 20: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 517 comments I am delighted to say I had to run another errand, and decided to go in the direction of another Walmart that's very close, and they had all of the Love Inspired lines. I don't know what the difference is, although that store did not look like it had moved and changed the books as much as my store did. It just surprised me when I saw none at mine yesterday.

message 21: by Angela (new)

Angela Holland (bookaunt) I hope that all Wal-mart do not do away with your books. We have one Wal-mart that only has a half of aisle of books and then another that has two full aisles. I also do not like it that the chain book stores do not carry Love Inspired books.

message 22: by JanetTronstad (new)

I know they can be a challenge to find in some places, Angela Lynn. I don't like that the chain stores don't carry them either.

message 23: by Angela (new)

Angela Holland (bookaunt) I don't know why they don't there seems to be alot of fans so you would think they would. Oh and Janet I got my Dry Creek book today. Thank you so much for it.

message 24: by JanetTronstad (new)

Glad it got there, Angela Lynn!

message 25: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments Got mine too Janet thanks and just finished reading Jillians and did review on it...
I recently had a young woman named Joyce Swann contact me about reviewing her new book "Warrior", about prayer for someone she saw in a dream, I think I will like this story -has anyone read this one or any of her books?

message 26: by Karen (new)

Karen | 1 comments our walmart cut their books space down to half and we are lucky if the shelves are even stocked. I have to drive 50 miles to a book store any more .

message 27: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Eberly (kathyeberly) | 138 comments I looked at my Wal-Mart near me on Friday and there was a good selection of Love Inspired books. At least six titles plus the historical books. So relieved ours still stocks them!

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 909 comments Our Wal-mart typically has all 3 Love Inspired lines. Although sometimes they don't put them out on time. I am sorry to hear about Wal-marts that are cutting their book selection. I would be frustrated if my did. Hopefully they won't.

message 29: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
Glad to hear that you're all as eager to see our books on the shelves as we are!

message 30: by Sherri (new)

Sherri Shackelford (sherrishackelford) | 169 comments I am still waiting for my June LIH to show up in my local Walmart! They pulled all the May LIH's last week, and haven't restocked. There's been no sightings yet in my home city - bummer.

message 31: by JanetTronstad (new)

Sherri -- I imagine it will be coming soon!!

message 32: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Hale | 639 comments Mod
Oh, Sherri, that's really hard when it's your eagerly anticipated debut book! I was afraid my local Superstore had only stocked Winnie's book because hers was the only one in the usual LIH slots. But then my daughter pointed to the other three all nicely arrayed at eye level!

I brought Winnie up to join us - LIH's have to stick together. :)

message 33: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
Sherri, How maddening. I do remember the first time I saw a book of mine in Walmart!

message 34: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (httpgoodreadscomrealityshowgirl) | 24 comments I hope they bring them back to your wal-mart. I will check my local wal-mart next time I am at mine.

message 35: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 517 comments I'm happy to say that a few of the regular Love Inspired line have now appeared suddenly, (Janet's book and Jillian Hart's book are there), but none of the suspense or historical lines are there at the moment. It seems like they just aren't putting them out at regular times at that store.

message 36: by Carole (new)

Carole (carolescorner) | 12 comments Barbara - don't despair, I'm sure they will be back, but they did stop selling the Large Print versions, so I had to subscribe. The major thing I hate about the subscription is they only send 4 of the 6 books each month and that totally doesn't set with me. Oh well