Wicked Writers (a book group for readers) discussion

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gina (new)

Gina (ladydehsire) | 22 comments Mod
HI all! I'm Gina and I'm the mod here....I'm kinda learning this site as I go so suggestions and IT help are always welcome. I live in Michigan and try to read whenever I'm not working and sometimes end up reading til the wee hours LOL.

message 2: by Sunny☼ (new)

Sunny☼ (sunny2) Hi, Gina and others. I am a mod at another group and if I can be of any help, please feel free to PM (private message) me.
I am retired and love to fill much of many days with reading.
I have read many of Shayla Black's, Sylvia Day's,Mackenzie McCade's,Shiloh Walker's and hope to soon try Nikki, Beth and Catherines work.
This group I know will be a very popular group with such fantastic authors floating by when they can

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello Gina! I am Amanda from Wisconsin so I guess we could be called neighbors! I am 27 and a stay at home mother of two beautiful children (5 & 3). The little free time I have to myself is spent in front of my Nook until the wee hours of night. At that point my husband rolls over in bed, rolls his eyes and laughs, and continues to go back to sleep. (Guilty lol ;-) I have always been caught up with the romance genre. I am a sucker for a HEA. Nonetheless recently of all people my doctor recommended Sylvia Day's "Bared to you". Omg I was in love with this book! I look forward to reading more from her and all the other writers in this group. Her book opened my eyes to view romance in a completely different way. So nice to meet you all and I look forward to chatting about all things wicked! :-)

message 4: by Sunny☼ (new)

Sunny☼ (sunny2) Hi Amanda, Welcome.

message 5: by Gina (new)

Welcome Amanda! I did love Bared To You!!! definitely good stuff! have you tried Shayla Black's Wicked Lovers (and naughty LOL)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Sunny! No Gina I haven't yet. Since I just finished Gabriel's Inferno/Rapture I am looking at what to start next. Her books always pop up as my recommendations so I should start that next!

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan | 2 comments Hi guys I'm Susan and new to this. I was not what one would consider a reader until the Shades trilogy. I ready Bared to You but I seem to gravitate to Shayla Blacks Wicked Lovers series especially Belong to Me. What should I read next? Im having withdrawls!!!

message 8: by Gina (new)

Shayla's Wicked Lovers are awesome no doubt!!
Karin Tabke's Blood Law and Blood Right are musts....the final book comes out soon it's called Blood Right.
Shiloh Walker's Grimm series rocks for sure.
are you shooting for BDSM? erotica of any sort? what sub-genre? contemporary? paranormal? urban fantasy?

message 9: by Gina (new)

OH! and welcome Susan, we're glad you're here!

message 10: by Jen (new)

Jen Hello Ladies, My name is Jen. I'm a stay at home mommy of 2 toddlers (19 months and 3yrs). And I LOVE to read romance especially heat :-) I loved Fifty Shades, Bared to you, Gabriel's inferno/ rapture, the principal's office by jasmine Haynes, cherished by maya banks, thoughtless/ effortless by s.c. Stephens, the sweetest series by maya banks, unleashed/ rock me by cherrie lynn, beautiful disaster by Jamie mcGuire, crash into me/ melt into me by roni Loren and because you are mine series by Beth kery. I just read wicked ties and am now working on that series. any other suggestions I would love to hear :-)

message 11: by Susan (new)

Susan | 2 comments Gina wrote: "Shayla's Wicked Lovers are awesome no doubt!!
Karin Tabke's Blood Law and Blood Right are musts....the final book comes out soon it's called Blood Right.
Shiloh Walker's Grimm series rocks for sur..."

I guess just the erotic romance. I loved Shaylas books especially Belong to Me so I guess maybe I liked BDSM. I just ordered Two books by Cherise Sinclair the Shadowlands and I bought Forbidden pleasure by Lora Leigh....any good?

message 12: by Gee (new)

Gee (bookaddict7) Jennifer wrote: "Hello Ladies, My name is Jen. I'm a stay at home mommy of 2 toddlers (19 months and 3yrs). And I LOVE to read romance especially heat :-) I loved Fifty Shades, Bared to you, Gabriel's inferno/ rapt..."

If you like paranormals at all and you like Shayla Black's stuff, try Shayla's Brethren series---pretty good stuff. They are not quite as erotic as those you've listed as having read but they are still very hot with a great stories.

message 13: by Gina (new)

All of the Lora Leigh Bound Hearts books are awesome (Forbidden Pleasure is #8, there are 12....even tho it's ok to read them separately I think you get more out of them if you read them in order because usually the next book characters are introduced in the previous book.

message 14: by Gina (new)

G wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Hello Ladies, My name is Jen. I'm a stay at home mommy of 2 toddlers (19 months and 3yrs). And I LOVE to read romance especially heat :-) I loved Fifty Shades, Bared to you, Gabrie..."

The Doomsday Brethren are Awesome!! for the more erotic of Shayla's the Wicked Lovers series is one of the best erotic romance series, they are contemporary, some are BDSM as well

Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog' (kelly-perusingprincesses) | 2 comments Hello Ladies,
My name is Kelly and I hail from England. Married and a Mummy of two.

I love reading, my kindle is never far from me, infact I carry it everywhere, it's either in my hand or in my handbag! ;) I enjoy many genre's, but predominantly romance/erotica/fantasy and some paranormal. I've also read some YA lately and really love Indie Authors. It's so nice to see so many great writers finally being recognised for their talent and sheer hard work and am so pleased that I have found this group.

I loved Bared to you by Sylvia Day, and Wicked Ties by Shayla Black. I also have an ever expanding TBR List, and am looking forward to adding further works from great writers in this group and meeting people who are as passionate about reading as I am.

message 16: by Gina (new)

Hi Kelly! Welcome! if you're getting into YA try Cat Kalen (Cathryn Fox) Pride series...my 18 year old loved theem!!

message 17: by Jen (new)

Jen Gina wrote: "G wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Hello Ladies, My name is Jen. I'm a stay at home mommy of 2 toddlers (19 months and 3yrs). And I LOVE to read romance especially heat :-) I loved Fifty Shades, Bared to y..."

Thanks I will check out some of those! Always looking for a good book ;-)

Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog' (kelly-perusingprincesses) | 2 comments Gina wrote: "Hi Kelly! Welcome! if you're getting into YA try Cat Kalen (Cathryn Fox) Pride series...my 18 year old loved theem!!"

Oooh, does it have alot of angst? I have just finished: Taking Chances by Molly McAdams and I bawled like a baby. lol.

I will check Cat Kalen out. Thank you.

message 19: by Gina (new)

Yes it does. The third one made her cry, she was Cas beta reader for that o one
and apparently it made Cat cry too LOL

message 20: by Annette (new)

Annette Oliva (litchick34) | 1 comments Hi, my name is Annette. I love Fifty Shades and the Crossfire series. I'm also a fan of Shayla Black, Sylvia Day and Emma Holly. I'll pretty much read anything. I'm currently reading Seven Years to Sin by Sylvia Day . I also like to write stories.

message 21: by Roro (new)

Roro | 2 comments Hi there...I'm Ro and new to this site too!!! I see we all have the same books in common , so here I am....I actually have someone to talk about them with now!!! Most of the people in my life prefer something a little less "hot" to read on their book shelves!!! But not me!!! Life needs some "Spice" in it!

message 22: by Roro (new)

Roro | 2 comments Hi Dawn......Read the I team series by Pamela claire ...Trust me...so awesome!!!!!And anything from Kristen Ashley, you can't go wrong!!!!

message 23: by L.J (Lisa Jane) (new)

L.J (Lisa Jane) (ljsecretaddiction) Hi - My name is Lisa. I love to read and since 50 Shades have found a new interest in reading. I love the Crossfire series and am looking forward to reading so many more books and series. I love this site and how it helps me get sorted out. So many books, so little time ;)

message 24: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Gayle (natalie_gayle) | 1 comments Hi everyone - My name is Natalie Gayle and I am first and foremost a book junkie. I have a book a day habit and I've had it for the best part of 25 years. So I doubt I'm going to kick the habit any time soon. Nor do I have any intention to try.

I love talking about books and I have too many genres, favourite titles and authors to list. Chances are I've read it or have it on my to read list.

I've also just recently branched out and published my first novel "Finding Trust". It seems I'm hooked on writing too now because I'm working on the second in the series and have planned the third and fourth.

Today I'm reading Kristen Ashley's Raid. Tomorrow I'm going to read Tiffany Snow's, Turn to Me. As for Sunday - I haven't decided.

message 25: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne | 1 comments Hi everyone, My name is Adrienne and this is my first book group. I LOVE to read it is like a mini vacation for me, my escape from everyday life. I read lots of different genres. The past month I read Shayla Black's Hot in Handcuffs and Mine to Hold, Karin Tabke's Bad to the Bone. Sylvia Day's Passion for the game and All Revved Up, and am getting ready to start her book A Dark Kiss of Rapture.