Christian Fiction Bloggers discussion

Archives > Suspense/Thriller

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 9573 comments Mod
What are some of your favorite Christian suspense/thriller books? Please share!

Wall-to-wall books - wendy Anything by Ted Dekker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 3: by David (new)

David Bergsland (david_bergsland) Just read Lion of Babylon by David Bunn. It was a fun read.Lion of Babylon

message 4: by Lena (new)

Lena Dooley (lenanelsondooley) | 4 comments For medical thrillers, read Richard Mabry, who is a retired doctor. One of his book just won the Selah award the same time my Maggie's Journey won for historical fiction. And Candace Calvert is a nurse who writes very good medical thrillers.

For military suspense, you have to read Ronie Kendig. I never miss a one of her books.

And don't forget Brandilyn Collins, Robin Caroll, and Colleen Coble.

message 5: by Susan F (new)

Susan F | 20 comments I recently read one of Dr. Mabry's books that was offered on Kindle for free. Now he has a new fan. :)

message 6: by James (last edited Jun 26, 2012 09:52AM) (new)

message 7: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

James wrote: "This Present DarknessThis Present Darkness (Darkness, #1) by Frank Peretti"

I've heard so much about that book, but I haven't read it... yet! :)

message 8: by Gabrielle (last edited Jun 26, 2012 03:05PM) (new)

Gabrielle Poplar | 30 comments James wrote: "This Present DarknessThis Present Darkness (Darkness, #1) by Frank Peretti"

Try, Piercing the Darkness next. Piercing the Darkness (Darkness, #2) by Frank Peretti

message 9: by Susan F (new)

Susan F | 20 comments Melanie and Gabrielle, they are good reads. Hooked me on Peretti books.

message 10: by Patriciaw (new)

Patriciaw | 5 comments I need to re-read This Present Darkness. I read it when it was originally released, nearly 30 years ago.

In recent times, I've enjoyed Steven James' Patrick Bowers series (like the Criminal Minds TV show), the Roland March series by J. Mark Bertrand and Ten Plagues by Mary Nealy. Oh, and dare I forget Ronie Kendig's series.

message 11: by Susan F (new)

Susan F | 20 comments Oh, thanks Patricia. I love Criminal Minds. :)

message 12: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn Gunter | 16 comments I love Frank Peretti's books...he was the first Christian author I read! All his book are really good. Though I'm not a huge fan of House (co-written with Ted Dekker, Love Ted Dekker's books too!)

I tried Steven James book, Pawn, and had to put it down!

Dee Henderson's O'Malley series has some suspense and Terri Blackstock has quite a few as well...

message 13: by Patriciaw (new)

Patriciaw | 5 comments Jocelyn wrote: "I tried Steven James book, Pawn, and had to put it down!

Dee Henderson's O'Malley series has some suspense and Terri Blackstock has quite a few as well... "

I haven't read her in a few years, but I used to devour Terri Blackstock's books. I read one or two Dee Henderson books and enjoyed them too. I just haven't seen as much from them as late.

message 14: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn Gunter | 16 comments Yeah...I don't think I've seen any recently from Dee Henderson. I know that Terri Blackstock has been coming out with new ones though!

Wall-to-wall books - wendy Jocelyn wrote: "I love Frank Peretti's books...he was the first Christian author I read! All his book are really good. Though I'm not a huge fan of House (co-written with Ted Dekker, Love Ted Dekker's books too!)
..."

Glad to see another Ted Dekker fan!!! :-)

message 16: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Patriciaw wrote: "I need to re-read This Present Darkness. I read it when it was originally released, nearly 30 years ago.

In recent times, I've enjoyed Steven James' Patrick Bowers series (like the Criminal Minds..."

Love the Patrick Bowers Files!! I have Ten Plagues, but haven't read it yet. I really want to, though! :)

message 17: by Donna (new)

Donna (morethanareview) | 12 comments Jocelyn wrote: "Yeah...I don't think I've seen any recently from Dee Henderson. I know that Terri Blackstock has been coming out with new ones though!"

Dee Henderson has a new one coming out in October! Full Disclosure...

message 18: by Jocelyn (new)

Jocelyn Gunter | 16 comments Donna wrote: "Jocelyn wrote: "Yeah...I don't think I've seen any recently from Dee Henderson. I know that Terri Blackstock has been coming out with new ones though!"

Dee Henderson has a new one coming out in Oc..."

I'll be interested to read that one! I haven't finished any more series by her...I should! lol

message 19: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 1404 comments Lena wrote: "For medical thrillers, read Richard Mabry, who is a retired doctor. One of his book just won the Selah award the same time my Maggie's Journey won for historical fiction. And Candace Calvert is a n..."

You have good taste in books/authors, Lena! ;)

message 20: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 1404 comments Gabrielle wrote: "James wrote: "This Present DarknessThis Present Darkness (Darkness, #1) by Frank Peretti"

Try, Piercing the Darkness next. Piercing the Darkness (Darkness, #2) by Frank Peretti"

Those are both great books! I first read them when I was 14 & I've re-read them 4-5 times since then. :)

message 21: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 1404 comments I really like some of Ted Dekker's books. I recommend these ---

Thr3e by Ted Dekker Thr3e
Obsessed by Ted Dekker Obsessed
Kiss by Ted Dekker Kiss
Adam by Ted Dekker Adam

message 22: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Aug 18, 2012 11:28AM) (new)

Aerykah wrote: "I really like some of Ted Dekker's books. I recommend these...

I loved all of those except for "Obsessed". Two of my favorites of his are
Skin by Ted Dekker & BoneMan's Daughters by Ted Dekker (except for the little bit of cussing in the beginning of "BoneMan's Daughters").

message 23: by Aerykah (new)

Aerykah | 1404 comments Haven't read either of those...