What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > Children's somewhat sci-fi, set in future, robotic horse /s

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 6 comments I read this book about 12 years ago. It's set in the future.

At the very beginning the female protagonist is climbing a cliff, and when she falls she lands on the couch. The cliff was a hologram, one of many that she projects onto the wall of her living space because she's not allowed to leave very often. She has some sort of robotic guardian. When she leaves her home, she goes on some sort of adventure. At some point the disc containing the guardian's personality is put into a robotic horse. All I remember beyond that is a desert, and the disc possibly being in the sand after the horse is lost or packed away or something.

Sorry I don't have more for you to work with.

message 2: by Katia (new)

Katia | 6 comments The only robotic horse in sci-fi/fantasy I know of is in the Warlock series by Christopher Stasheff.

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Split Infinity by Piers Anthony -- according to one review, it has a robot horse.

message 4: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 6 comments It wasn't either of those...It's more of an adventure story focusing on the girl. Thanks, though!

message 5: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2106 comments Could it be this?

Mylor : the most powerful horse in the world
by Michael Maguire

message 6: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 6 comments Unfortunately not, but I appreciate you trying!

message 8: by Mir (new)

Mir | 704 comments I remember a cover with a girl (and maybe another kid) on a robot horse, but I didn't actually read the book... maybe Andre Norton?

message 9: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 6 comments Tab, you got it! Thanks so much, I really appreciate it.

message 10: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments Enjoy :)