Beyond Reality discussion

SERIES—List & Discussions > Honor Harrington--AT ALL COSTS - Roll Call and First Impressions (NO SPOILERS)

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine (new)

Christine (chrisarrow) Roll call for At All Costs.

message 2: by Marty (new)

Marty (martyjm) | 310 comments I started this a few days ago.

message 3: by Christine (new)

Christine (chrisarrow) I haven't started it yet. I need an Honor vaccation for a little bit. I do intend to read it, however.

message 4: by Richard (last edited Jun 16, 2012 02:04AM) (new)

Richard (thinkingbluecountingtwo) | 136 comments As soon as I've finished The Scar I'll be pulling on my typo proof skinsuit and head out again into the Honorverse.

From Ashes of Victory :

Silverman's had wanted the flight deck in its "traditional" place, which meant the approxiate center of ass, because their designers were traditionalists and that was where flight decks were supposed to be.

message 5: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 379 comments Ha ha, I caught that one, too, Richard. Were you reading the ebook or p-book? My ebook copy had that and I thought it might be an OCR error ("ass" is obviously supposed to be "mass") but I haven't had a chance to check my hard copy yet.

I'll be starting my re-read of At All Costs once I'm done re-reading War of Honor. This is the last one of the main series that I've read before.

Chris, did you have any input on the reading order thread?

message 6: by Richard (new)

Richard (thinkingbluecountingtwo) | 136 comments Lindsey wrote: "Ha ha, I caught that one, too, Richard. Were you reading the ebook or p-book? My ebook copy had that and I thought it might be an OCR error ("ass" is obviously supposed to be "mass") but I haven'..."

Being a cheapskate I've been reading the free Baen ebook downloads, and then had the nerve to moan about the quality of the production.
Can't please some people can you :-)

message 7: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new)

Kathi | 3152 comments Mod
Planning to read this but won't get to it for a while.

message 8: by Nyssa (new)

Nyssa | 84 comments Kathi wrote: "Planning to read this but won't get to it for a while."

Same here.

I'm reading Ashes of Victory right now.

message 9: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonmoss) | 626 comments I plan to read this, but may fall behind because I want to 'catch up' on the slave subplot via Crown of Slaves.

message 10: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne | 98 comments I'm about halfway through and I'm liking it so far.

message 11: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new)

Kathi | 3152 comments Mod
Finally started this last night. Trying to figure out how the timeline between it and The Shadow of Saganami overlap.

message 12: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonmoss) | 626 comments Started this yesterday and it's actually a relief to be back to an Honor-centric book in this series. I struggled for almost two months with The Shadow of Saganami. I'm liking the faster pace of At All Costs as well.

An interesting side note: It took a day out of reading At All Costs to find and download a copy of David and the Phoenix, a children's book I'd never heard of before (slightly before my time as a child). I enjoyed it.

message 13: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 379 comments After I first read At All Costs, I bought David and the Phoenix, as well. I enjoyed it enough to buy several more copies for friends. I didn't know it was available as an ebook, I will have to check that out.

I was also thrilled to discover that the publishing house responsible for the reprint of that book was also reprinting the Mad Scientists' Club series, one of my favorites from childhood.