Diana Wynne Jones Fans discussion

Diana Wynne Jones
This topic is about Diana Wynne Jones
The Books > eBook Collection

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vinaya (new)

Vinaya (vinaya_lara) Does anyone know when the entire Diana Wynne Jones collection will be released as eBooks? Primarily in Canada on kobobooks.com

message 2: by Paula (new)

Paula (pauldajo) | 67 comments I didn't know the entire collection was going to be released as ebooks. That's great!

message 3: by Vinaya (last edited Jun 15, 2012 04:44PM) (new)

Vinaya (vinaya_lara) Paula wrote: "I didn't know the entire collection was going to be released as ebooks. That's great!"

I contacted the publishing company in Canada and they in turn contacted the UK publishing companies who said that they were working on getting the rights to release the entire collection as eBooks from Diana Wynne Jones' family and they anticipated it would be by Christmas (but it isn't a sure thing).

message 4: by Vinaya (last edited Jun 15, 2012 04:55PM) (new)

Vinaya (vinaya_lara) Paula wrote: "I didn't know the entire collection was going to be released as ebooks. That's great!"

They said it might take awhile as Diana Wynne Jones published through different companies throughout her career. I was able to purchase Reflections, Earwig and the Witch, House of Many Ways, Dogsbody, Fire and Hemlock, Enchanted Glass, The Game, & A Tale of Time City through kobobooks.com and The Pinhoe Egg through google play books

message 5: by Paula (new)

Paula (pauldajo) | 67 comments I have yet to read 'Earwig and the Witch' or 'Reflections'. I need to buy them.

message 6: by Vinaya (new)

Vinaya (vinaya_lara) When I purchased Reflections from kobobooks.com, it disappeared a day later. I think some sites have it available for pre-order though.

message 7: by Beth (new)

Beth (tptigger) | 11 comments I'm probably going to have to go ask Harper, but any chance these will be available south of the border? Sounds like there's a bunch of titles that haven't seen print in awhile. (Despite the giant resurgence of being able to find DWJ stuff here in the middle of Harry Potter fever)

message 8: by Vinaya (new)

Vinaya (vinaya_lara) Beth wrote: "I'm probably going to have to go ask Harper, but any chance these will be available south of the border? Sounds like there's a bunch of titles that haven't seen print in awhile. (Despite the gian..."

As of today, the US has a lot more DWJ eBooks. I assume once they've been released in Canada, they'll be released in the US.

I find that contacting the publishers directly with a request to purchase an out-of-print book is sometimes successful as they might be in possession of some leftovers.