Anything Goes discussion

General Book > Favourite Bookshop

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris Stanley (christinelstanley) | 922 comments I recently recommended my favourite (localish) bookshop to Angela, and I wondered if others would like to share favourites too;
Mine is David's Bookshop in Letchworth Garden City http://www.davids-bookshops.co.uk/
and I would recommend anyone who likes to browse, to set aside a couple of hours if they are ever in my neck of the woods.

message 2: by Adam (new)

Adam (adam_yamey) | 63 comments Trinity House Charity Shop in Church Street, Kensington, London.

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris (calmgrove) Out here in the far west of Wales there is a dearth of really good bookshops, I'm afraid, which is why I tend to haunt secondhand and charity shops for reading matter. The best bookshop for me, in terms of a thoughtful selection, remaindered titles and friendly service, is Seaways Bookshop in Fishguard which has had an honourable mention in The Rough Guide to Wales.

message 4: by Bridgette (new)

Bridgette | 1282 comments Mod
if you ever come Tewkesbury the best book shop would Alisons book shop, you will get brilliant service the person who runs it is fantastic as if he doesnt have the book you want ihe can order it and it could come the next day which is rather handy. :)

message 5: by Angela (new)

Angela (bookangel2) | 1454 comments Thanks to Chris's recommendation, my daughter Anna and I are making a trip Letchworth on Tuesday, especially to visit Chris's favourite bookshop! Looking forward to a good browse, plus coffee and cake:))

message 6: by Angela (new)

Angela (bookangel2) | 1454 comments As far as my favourite bookshop is concerned, most of them are in North Norfolk - a bit too far from Luton for a quick visit! There are three in Cromer which I like and one in Sheringham - Peter's Bookshop in St. Peter's Road.
Nearer to home, there's a good Oxfam Bookshop in St Albans.

message 7: by Adam (last edited Jun 17, 2012 01:24PM) (new)

Adam (adam_yamey) | 63 comments Chris wrote: "Out here in the far west of Wales there is a dearth of really good bookshops, I'm afraid, which is why I tend to haunt secondhand and charity shops for reading matter. The best bookshop for me, in ..."

There's a wonderful, well-stocked 2nd hand bookshop in Blaenau-Ffestiniog's old Post Office.

Oh, and Brecon (I know it's not in West Wales) has another splendid 2nd hand bookstore.

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) The Owl Pen in Bracebridge is a great local bookshop. My hubby and I always leave there with an armload of new reading material. :)