I Write, Therefore, I Live discussion

Random > Harry Potter!!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 80 (80 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

jeeves... | 269 comments Mod
so, yeah... harry potter, everybody!
talk about it, or somethin... don't be boring...

message 2: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) ehhh...it was alright

message 3: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

who d'you think they cast exceptionally well in the movies, who was cast terribly??
i think snape, umbridge, sirius were good... evanna lynch was absolutely perfect for the part of luna- she actually talks like that, all quiet... weird...

message 4: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

Tale_of_lost_ink wrote: "ehhh...it was alright"

allright, hmm? a twilight fan, i would guess? hahaha...

message 5: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

hey, you found it! hahaha... yeah, i know some people like that...
which was the best done movie so far, d'you think? i think s. stone was the most accurate to the book...

message 6: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

Megan wrote: "probably. thats what my friend who thinks twilight is the best says about them. shes only read them once. tisk tisk....."

wait, once!? how....

message 7: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

oh, all true... i liked how 5 looked, nice graphics, perfect casting for luna and umbridge(!), but yeah, it was messed up....

message 8: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

y'can just click "edit" instead of clarifying in the next comment...
yeah, i pretty much singe-handedly got all (one) of my friends into harry potter, so i'm pretty much amazing.....

message 9: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) I HATE twilight....

message 10: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) I love inkheart though...

message 11: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (last edited Jan 09, 2009 02:40PM) (new)

Megan wrote: "wierdly enough, i didn't read the books till after the third movie came out. im very ashamed."

*gaspp*
dredfulllll, simply naughty of u....
welll, i started reading with goblet, so when i read prisoner a month later, it was like "y is sirius bad!???"
anywayz, g2g...

go count on the number count topic, people, before paige gets back and deeeeeeestroys it!

message 12: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) lol biez

message 13: by Roxie (new)

Roxie  (snowballwinter) | 10 comments how could you HATE twilight!?!?!?

message 14: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

ooh, inkheart rox! don't tell me how inkdeath ends!
realllly g2g!!

message 15: by Roxie (new)

Roxie  (snowballwinter) | 10 comments i know!

message 16: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

wow, megan takes charge and kicks people off the topic just for talking about the wrong book hahaha jk
yeah, though, twilight in the twilight topic, harry potter here.. ignore the HP comments in the twilight topic, just some kids messing around... haha, kids these days, honestly... :D

message 17: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (last edited Jan 09, 2009 05:42PM) (new)

i dunno... trust me though, they have been dealt with appropriately... i, um, believe i kicked them out, or... made them eat peas or something...

message 18: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

yupperz, poor them... g2g srry :(

message 19: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller i think they're both good.

message 20: by Paige (new)

Paige Miller Well... you're probably right.

message 21: by Roni (new)

Roni (v_a_b) Megan wrote: "awww snap, why do twilight people insist its better than harry potter or soon will be?

i think NOT!"

Ditto. J.K. Rowling has managed to appeal to ALL age groups, while Twilight is just for teenage girls (quite small in comparison).

I also think that the characters in HP are better developed/more complex.

And There is 'the harry potter generation' which has NOT occurred with Twilight. I mean, creating a classification for a generation is pretty big.

message 22: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

I also think that the characters in HP are better developed/more complex

exactly, like snape- he had so many layers... i haven't read twilight, so i can't really compare them, but i think it'd be pretty hard to top HP...

message 23: by Roni (new)

Roni (v_a_b) I've read all of the books at least twice...

Most of them more like three or four or five... or ten...

message 24: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

i've only read HBP one-and-a-half, and same with DH, but the rest i've re-read, and i'm planning on starting from the beginning and just reading the whole series again... that and 'series of unfortunate events'... the last couple books are just like a blur...

message 25: by Rainy (new)

Rainy i have read harry potter more than i can count....that is so sad that i do. what is so appealing about them?

message 26: by Roni (new)

Roni (v_a_b) It's the luring idea of a fantastical world filled with magic. Humans are naturally afraid and curious of the unknown and unfamiliar, but the books present those things in a non-threatening manner that washes the fear away and allows lots of room for the curiosity.

message 27: by Roni (new)

Roni (v_a_b) Yeah. And reading the HP books a million times isn't something to be ashamed of. They are good books. The plot is extremely developed and the characters are beautifully complex. the writing style might not be what you usually prefer, but other than that, what's NOT to like?

message 28: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) I've read them a million times.

message 29: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (jellybeanstripe) Hmmm...Twilight? Better than Harry Potter? I don't think so! Twilight Saga was really well written, but nothing can beat Harry Potter. I mean, you kinda have to like romance to like Twilight. In Harry Potter, you don't really have to like magic to like the books. Well, that's what I think. Some people think the opposite. I also think that you can't really compare the Series of Unfortunate Events to Harry Potter or Twilight. I never did finish reading the SoUE (I got bored when I started to read the one after the circus one), but I heard that the ending wasn't very good. Right now, I feel like I'm not doing a very good job explaining myself. Maybe I should stop talking before I sound like an IDIOT.

message 30: by Roni (new)

Roni (v_a_b) It's true, the three series are hardly even comparable. I don't see why people try to compare HP and twilight... other than a general genre (fantasy), they have nothing in common. Well, besides human characters.

message 31: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) Other then Twilight was what showed up to fill the vacuum Harry left.

message 32: by jeeves..., shiniest of all the mods. (new)

EXACTLY..... only, it didn't work for a lot of us :(
although artemis fowl came out with one since the end of harry potter... not quite comparable, but oh well, it was okay...

message 33: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (jellybeanstripe) Veronica. Veronica B! wrote: "It's true, the three series are hardly even comparable. I don't see why people try to compare HP and twilight... other than a general genre (fantasy), they have nothing in common. Well, besides hum..."

Yeah, no point of comparing the books. Even though there are human characters, they're still VERY different. Ex. Who can you compare Hermione to? Vampires don't count.

message 34: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) Hermione=me

I am very much like her, as she was in the first movie. X)

message 35: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (jellybeanstripe) Well, I kinda meant people in Twilight, but oh well. Comparison is always fine with meeeeeeeeeeeee!

message 36: by Roni (new)

Roni (v_a_b) LOL. I'm like Hermione too, except I don't get in people's faces about the fact that I'm smart (and quite often smarter than them...not trying to be boastful, but it is true...)

message 37: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (jellybeanstripe) Psh! We all know you're smart. I think everyone in this group is older and smarter than me. I'm still in 6th grade. And I love the dictionary....and jellybeans.

message 38: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) 6th? *nods*

I'm in 9th, 15 years old.

My profile basically says it all. SCIFI! *rocks out*

message 39: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (jellybeanstripe) I knew it! I'm the baby of this group. I've only been here for four days. *sniff sniff*

message 40: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) I've been here for, 2 weeks? I really don't know. XD

message 41: by Roni (new)

Roni (v_a_b) Haha, I've been here for about a month... wait, actually, I think that I was a member when this group first started, but then I left, and then I came back again.

And I'm in 9th grade too! I'm also fifteen. And I'm starting drivers ed on april 20th!

message 42: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (jellybeanstripe) Yep, I'm definitely the youngest in this group. I'm DEFINITELY not starting driver's ed anytime soon.

message 43: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) HATE! loljk

Drivers Ed is next year for us. XP Our driving age is pretty high, 'cause Jersey has so many people and other crap. >.>

message 44: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (jellybeanstripe) Really? I thought that everywhere was 15 yrs old for Driver's Ed thing. Well, I thought wrong then...

message 45: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) No, they just want more people to be able to take it at the same time.

http://www.2pass.co.uk/ages2.htm

As you see, ours is the highest age, because there are simply so many people around.

message 46: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (jellybeanstripe) Oh. I see....

message 47: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) ncds;nbviods;afho;discmviosdbnfghoU

message 48: by Anuhea (new)

Anuhea (jellybeanstripe) Don't expect me to be able to crack the code. Or is that some new HP spell?

message 49: by Roni (new)

Roni (v_a_b) Naw, there aren't really any new spells... just old latin words used in a new magical way.

message 50: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) Latin makes everything sound cooler. X)

« previous 1