The Host (The Host, #1) The Host discussion


802 views
Pictures of the full cast and UPDATED NEW PICS!! :)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 104 (104 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by kpopfan (last edited Jun 21, 2012 06:18PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

kpopfan

The Host 2013 movie cast, what do you think?


Saoise Ronan as Wanderer


Saoise Ronan as Melanie


Max Irons as Jared Howe


Jake Abel as Ian O' Shea


Boyd Holbrook as Kyle O'Shea


Chandler Canterbury as Jamie Stryder


William Hurt as Jeb Stryder


Frances Fisher as Maggie Stryder


Diane Kruger as The Seeker


on the set of The Host

(Melanie and Jared)


(Jared and Wanderer)

(The seeker)

(Wanderer aka wanda)


*****UPDATED NEW PICS*****





message 2: by Meagin (last edited Jun 15, 2012 11:34AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Meagin ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh im So excited !!!!!! and i just cant hide it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Kati I really wish this wasn't being made into a movie. Twilight was ruined for me because of the movies and I really don't want that to happen with The Host. I loved this book to much :(


Sarah Yay! :D Can't wait! 2013!!! It'll be awesome! I love the book so much. <3 The Twilight's cast are great and believe it or not. I trust Stephenie Meyer's choice with my whole heart!


Emily ITS GOING TO BE SO AWESOME!!! i cant wait!!!! i loved this book so much!


kpopfan .·:*¨ × Shannon♥Loving Like Woe × ¨*:·. wrote: "Where's the last picture from?"

From google.


Sally my days :D max irons is gorgeous :o


Kaitlyn LOVE IT!!! these are the ones i am NOT pleased with:

Kyle...ugh..I just don't like him...it's not what I imagined.

and Jeb...just NO....

everyone else is perfect! ESPECIALLY IAN!!! AHHH IAN!!!


Kirby the one where jared is shining the flashlight HAS to be with melanie, not wanderer. that looks like the scene where they meet in the kitchen- you can see the fridge behind mel...


message 11: by kpopfan (last edited Jun 17, 2012 04:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

kpopfan Kirby wrote: "the one where jared is shining the flashlight HAS to be with melanie, not wanderer. that looks like the scene where they meet in the kitchen- you can see the fridge behind mel..."

Your wrong its Wanderer because in the book its from wandas POV and she was the one explaining everything thats happening and its when Jared finds out that Mel is one of them now by shining the flashlight one her. Remember now??


Hannah Jane I agree with kati,i rember loving twilight,but the movie kinda ruined it for me....but i real enjoyed Host,so i cant Help feeling excited to see it on screen!i hope it work out!!!


Kirby Bookfreak wrote: "Your wrong its Wanderer because in the book its from wandas POV and she was the one explaining everything thats happening and its when Jared finds out that Mel is one of them now by shining the flashlight one her. Remember now??"

no, sorry! I've reread this book several times, so I'm quite sure on how jared met mel, and on how he met wanda! I try not to be argumentative, but I really really think you're mistaken here...

wanda met jared in a cave, not in a house. mel met him in a house (while they were both ransacking the kitchen- hence the fridge in the pic). jared shined a flashlight in mel's eyes b/c he'd never seen her before and didn't know if she was still human or not. jared never shined a flashlight in wanda's eyes b/c jeb had already done it (when he found her in the desert) and confirmed that she was no longer human...right?

and, if b/c of the POV issue you make no distinction between "mel" and "wanda," then all the pics should be labeled as "mel/wanda." and- though I'm not 100% sure on this- I'm pretty sure that the mel/jared meeting was not from wanda's POV...it was told at the beginning of the book when it was still mel's POV...I think.

I don't mean to seem unappreciative that you took the time to locate and share these pics- I DO appreciate it! I just thought that you would appreciate having a mistake pointed out so that you could fix it...


message 14: by Anna (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anna Ta Kirby wrote: "Bookfreak wrote: "Your wrong its Wanderer because in the book its from wandas POV and she was the one explaining everything thats happening and its when Jared finds out that Mel is one of them now ..."

Yeah, sorry to the other person but recently reread it, Jared met Mel in the house. Also kind of pissed because when they did meet they fought, and he nearly strangled her. That does not look like strangling. That looks like he's caressing her clavicle.


message 15: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Kati wrote: "I really wish this wasn't being made into a movie. Twilight was ruined for me because of the movies and I really don't want that to happen with The Host. I loved this book to much :("

Agreed :(


Allison Kirby's 100% right :) sorry...


Kirby Allison wrote: "Kirby's 100% right :) sorry..."

ah, thanks allison! :)

how do you feel about the upcoming movie?


Allison Kirby wrote: "Allison wrote: "Kirby's 100% right :) sorry..."

ah, thanks allison! :)

how do you feel about the upcoming movie?"


I'M SO FLIPPING EXCITE!!! (yes, i know i said Excite...it's kinda an inside joke... i guess...) I WANT IT TO COME OUT NOW!!!! hahaha :)

oh, your welcome :)


Andrea Cefalo I cannot wait to see this. The Host is one of my favorite books. I cried like a baby at the end. It will be interesting to see how they can fit all that happens in the book into a movie, but I thought the Twilight movies were well done. I am still holding out hope that Stephanie writes a sequel, but the publishing industry is so ugly. Can't blame here for staying away. Happy reading everyone!!
Andrea Cefalo, Author of The Fairytale Keeper series


Amber I know it says 2013? But what month is it suppose to come out? Shit, its almost 1:00 I gotta go to sleep.


Sammi The last picture isn't from 'The Host'
It's from Prometheus.


message 22: by Oxy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Oxy What exact date is it coming out??


.·:*¨ × Shannon♥Beel Stole & Ate My Heart × ¨*: Oksana wrote: "What exact date is it coming out??"

March 29th 2013


message 24: by Bookwyrm13 (last edited Jun 20, 2012 05:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bookwyrm13 anyone have a definite on who is playing Pet / Wanderer
BTW ... IMDB has release as march 29 2013


message 25: by Kaitlyn (last edited Jun 20, 2012 05:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kaitlyn Bookwyrm13 wrote: "anyone have a definite on who is playing Pet / Wanderer"

I looked on IMDB and they have every actor (including extras like "soul #2") but NO Pet!!....that makes me worried. here's the link:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1517260/f...


Bookwyrm13 i have imdb on my droid, i think they are keeping it under wraps intentionally.... who would You pick?


Kaitlyn Bookwyrm13 wrote: "i have imdb on my droid, i think they are keeping it under wraps intentionally.... who would You pick?"

possibly...I hope they announce it soon...there are so many "good enough" actresses to play Pet...but I still haven't found the one in my head...Elisabeth Harnois looks somewhat similar...but again, not close enough...Amanda Michalka? Who would you choose?


message 28: by Kaitlyn (last edited Jun 20, 2012 06:09PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kaitlyn Amanda Michalka is a little too old....I can't find the perfect person. AnnaSophia Robb?


message 29: by Bookwyrm13 (last edited Jun 20, 2012 07:10PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bookwyrm13 Don't laugh, Abigail breaslin? Ok laugh


Kaitlyn Bookwyrm13 wrote: "Don't laugh, Abigail breaslin? Ok laugh"

Haha...i can see it. Kinda. With her face...yeah that could work....


Karen Oh YAY! I can't wait for this to be made into a movie! I can't wait to see the movie when it comes out next year, and I sure hope they stay as close to the book as they possibly can because it is a really good book, I loved it!


message 32: by Bookwyrm13 (last edited Jun 21, 2012 03:24AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bookwyrm13 Kaitlyn (2 B Read) wrote:

Haha...i can see it. Kinda. With her face...yeah that could work...."


She's about the right age, and if she can pull off "Valentine Wiggin" hair dye and color contacts should be plenty of prep. There is also
Allesandra Torescani, little older, but could pull it off (Caprica)


message 33: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cat OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG ,OMG, OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't belive they are actually making a movie!
This is Happening!!!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
But wait.....
I though Melanie had toned skin?
What's with they cyber-furniture?
WAIT!!! THAT'S THE SEEKER!!!
She has black hair, Not blonde.... and she wears
BLACK!!!!not white!!!#What the hell has gone wrong???


Kaitlyn Bookwyrm13 wrote: "Kaitlyn (2 B Read) wrote:

Haha...i can see it. Kinda. With her face...yeah that could work...."

She's about the right age, and if she can pull off "Valentine Wiggin" hair dye and color contacts s..."


oooh i like Allesandra Torescani better....she could be REALLY good...but I agree, I would be ok with Abigail breaslin


Preethi Who's Kyle O'Shea again? It's been a long time since I read the book.


Kaitlyn Preethi wrote: "Who's Kyle O'Shea again? It's been a long time since I read the book."

Ian's big ugly mean brother who always picks a fight. He hates Wanda at first.


Preethi Kaitlyn (2 B Read) wrote: "Preethi wrote: "Who's Kyle O'Shea again? It's been a long time since I read the book."

Ian's big ugly mean brother who always picks a fight. He hates Wanda at first."


Oh yeah...thanks!!


Allison Bookwyrm13 wrote: "anyone have a definite on who is playing Pet / Wanderer
BTW ... IMDB has release as march 29 2013"


is Pet Wanderer in the VERY VERY end?


Kirby Allison wrote: "Bookwyrm13 wrote: "anyone have a definite on who is playing Pet / Wanderer
BTW ... IMDB has release as march 29 2013"

is Pet Wanderer in the VERY VERY end?"


yeah, wanda's permanent body.


Allison Oh...okay, thanks Kirby


kpopfan Wait what was Pet suppost to look like... like her hair color and age? Its been awhile since I've read the book.


message 42: by Kaitlyn (last edited Jun 21, 2012 05:49PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kaitlyn that last picture of "the seeker" is Charlize Theron in Prometheus....


message 43: by Oxy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Oxy .·:*¨ × Shannon♥Loving Like Woe × ¨*:·. wrote: "Oksana wrote: "What exact date is it coming out??"

March 29th 2013"


Okie Dokie, thnx :))


Kirby Bookfreak wrote: "Wait what was Pet suppost to look like... like her hair color and age? Its been awhile since I've read the book."

I know that pet was young- I think wanda lied and said she was 18 when the body was actually 16, 17 or so- and I'm pretty sure that she was small, cute, vulnerable-looking, and had maybe red or blond curls...maybe freckles? sorry, the best I can remember...


kpopfan Kirby wrote: "Bookfreak wrote: "Wait what was Pet suppost to look like... like her hair color and age? Its been awhile since I've read the book."

I know that pet was young- I think wanda lied and said she was 1..."


Thanks.


message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

am so excited for 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


message 47: by Aina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aina wow i'm actually uber excited about this. I didn't really agree on the cast at first but then the pictures at the very last were so asdfghjkl ..

This is one of the movies from books (that I actually read) that I will truly look forward too.


Kaitlyn Bookfreak wrote: "Kirby wrote: "Bookfreak wrote: "Wait what was Pet suppost to look like... like her hair color and age? Its been awhile since I've read the book."

I know that pet was young- I think wanda lied and ..."


Pet had a halo of blonde curls


Bookwyrm13 Kaitlyn (2 B Read) wrote: "Bookfreak wrote: "Kirby wrote: "Bookfreak wrote: "Wait what was Pet suppost to look like... like her hair color and age? Its been awhile since I've read the book."

I know that pet was young- I thi..."


I think in the book said she was 16..then said (almost) in her head


Kaitlyn Bookwyrm13 wrote: "Kaitlyn (2 B Read) wrote: "Bookfreak wrote: "Kirby wrote: "Bookfreak wrote: "Wait what was Pet suppost to look like... like her hair color and age? Its been awhile since I've read the book."

I kno..."


yeah, then she lies to Ian and Mel


« previous 1 3
back to top