Admirers of Juliet Marillier Books discussion

Juliet Marillier
This topic is about Juliet Marillier
Welcome! > Which is Your Favorite Book?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paige (new)

Paige | 267 comments Mod
Which book or series is your favorite? What about these books makes them so amazing?

message 2: by Susana (new)

Susana (susana32) | 29 comments Well, Sevenwates series, will always be special to me. It was the first series that i read by this author, and it has some amazing books. From this one, my favorite is "Son of the Shadows", "Daughter of the Forest" and "Heir of Sevenwaters".
The characters for me are perfect, and the "scenery" is perfect.
From Bridei, my favorite is "Well of shadows". I was a little heartbroken with what had happened in the end of the previous book, so i really liked reading, that one.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 14 comments My favorite (actually is Daughter of the Forest - a legend) besides that is Foxmask. Why? It is a thrill ride of love, sacrifice, self-knowledge and just the journey of it all. I thought this duology was magnificient.

message 4: by Emma (new)

Emma | 81 comments Only one!? Gosh, I don't think I could decide.

My favs are "Heart's Blood", "Wolfskik & Foxmask", "Son of the Shadows & Heir to Sevenwaters" and "Cybele's Secret".

However I will always have a very soft spot for
"Daughter of the Forest"!

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (winecellarlibrary) I will always love Daughter of the Forest cuz it was the first Marillier book I read as well as the book that made me love reading in the first place!

My favorite(s) are Son of the Shadows, Wolfskin, and Cybele's Secret!

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lauren0924) | 83 comments Mod
Way too hard to pick just one! Daughter of the Forest remains one of my all time favorite books - I adore Sorcha and just love the story. However, Son of the Shadows is fantastic. Too hard to pick between the two. And Heir to Sevenwaters...oh and Wildwood Dancing and Heart's Blood! haha love them all!

message 7: by Paige (new)

Paige | 267 comments Mod
We all seem to be in agreement because Daughter of the Forest will always be my favorite because it was my first J.M. book and of course it was just so good. I really loved Well of Shades too (Bridei Chronicles #3), but I just finished it, so I may be biased lol.

message 8: by Clare (new)

Clare (claremay13) | 57 comments I think it just depends on what mood im in. sometimes ill head for daughter of the forest or child of the prohecy, whereas othertimes i head for the dark mirror. hearts blood is also up there with my favs. basically i love them all!!!

message 9: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (eyesfulloffantasy) | 5 comments I love them all, but my favorite is Daughter of the Forest. It is the first book I ever owned and my husband picked it out for me!

message 10: by Jaykay (new)

Jaykay | 2 comments I have read three of the Sevenwater series and Daughter of the Forest was my absolute favourite.

message 11: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sparklefreevampires) | 8 comments

message 12: by Karsa (new)

Karsa Orlong | 5 comments The Dark Mirror.

The discovery of love and the length one goes to attain it. Tuala finally getting her heart desire. While the other two pales in comparison I enjoyed them regardless.

message 13: by Paige (new)

Paige | 267 comments Mod
I liked this one a lot as well, although I also really enjoyed the last of the trilogy almost as much. The Bridei Chronicles don't get enough praise because they're always over shadowed by the Sevenwaters Series.

message 14: by Anita (new)

Anita Baião | 3 comments Paige wrote: "We all seem to be in agreement because Daughter of the Forest will always be my favorite because it was my first J.M. book and of course it was just so good. I really loved Well of Shades too (Brid..."

I also enjoyed the Well of Shades so much. I wish Julliet's editors would pick up this series again. Julliet said this was supposed to be a 5 book series, but it was discontinued due to the fact the editors were not interested.

message 15: by Paige (new)

Paige | 267 comments Mod
Really? Aw that's terrible! Who do these editors think they are, keeping Marillier books from us? I really hope that changes.

message 16: by Emma (new)

Emma | 81 comments I think my heart just shattered. I can't imagine what it would be like to have the stories "there" but not be published and shared :/