Chicks On Lit discussion

Non Book Talk > Fantastic Weekend

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristie (new)

Kristie (spedkristie) | 385 comments I don't know about anyone else, but I am super excited for this weekend. It starts for me in about 2 hours. I get out of school early today, I plan to go home and read!!!!!! I'm loving A Game of Thrones and want to motor through it tonight. Tomorrow I am going home to see my family and welcome my first niece (after 4 nephews) and then spend a spectacular Father's Day with my daddy. Then I have 3 school days left and I get my summer vacation (shorter than most teachers, but needed nonetheless).

What are you looking forward to this weekend?

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 4843 comments I am going out to dinner tonight to IHOP.

message 3: by Jennifer W (new)

Jennifer W | 2175 comments My weekend is off to a less than fantastic start. I've got a pretty bad migraine and stayed home from work. I hope it improves by tomorrow because the library is having several authors come in for talks. The one I really want to see is Jay Asher who wrote Thirteen Reasons Why. I've never gone to an author talk before. Then I'll go to my dad's on Sunday.

Have a great weekend everyone!

message 4: by Kristie (new)

Kristie (spedkristie) | 385 comments I LOVE LOVE LOVE 13 Reasons Why

message 5: by Tina (new)

Tina | 116 comments It's my birthday. We're going to a ball game tonight. Tomorrow, after work, hanging out with some friends and Sunday is a BBQ for my b-day and Father's Day. I'll be exhausted by Monday. Good thing I have it off!

message 6: by Jennifer W (new)

Jennifer W | 2175 comments Kristie, me too. I'm so excited to meet him.

Happy Birthday, Tina. Enjoy the ball game.

Jayme, how was IHOP? There isn't one around where I live, but the commercials always look so yummy!

message 7: by Tina (new)

Tina | 116 comments IHOP is awesome. We went from having NONE nearby now we have two different sites, one in our mall and the other in a strip mall. The one in the big mall is way better. Nicer service and the food seems prepared better.

Now I want pancakes. LOL

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 4843 comments I had a bad day at work. I do surveys and that isn't a great job to begin with. So I had two guys willing to do a movie survey. It took 15mins to do it. So the guy I was interviewing asked if he was going to get paid for doing it. Normally, we do pay the participants something but with this survey they didn't get anything and it isn't oure company. It is the company that we work for who decides whether or not the participants get paid. So the guy was mad at me that I didn't tell him. Well, he never asked either. So the guy finished the survey and his friend finished hios survey and they thought they were getting $10 a piece and I never promised them that. Then they thought they were going to get free movie tickets which I never said either. My boss gave them $2 a piece to appease them but they weren't appeased. They started shouting and yelling and in front of another participant saying that we lied and they won't get paid for doing the surveys. Ultimately, I got yelled at for something that wasn't my fault.

message 9: by Jennifer W (new)

Jennifer W | 2175 comments Jay Asher was great! He was a good speaker with some interesting stories about how he got into writing, what made him want to tell the story of 13 Reasons Why, how he got his book published, and how he collaborated to write his 2nd book, The Story of Us. If you ever get the chance to hear him speak, go for it!

message 10: by Kristie (new)

Kristie (spedkristie) | 385 comments Thanks Jennifer, I will.

Jayme that sucks about your day.

Well my sister was induced today but after 12 hours all she had was contractions, not dialated or anything....they sent her home an hour ago.... she's not too happy!

message 11: by Jennifer W (new)

Jennifer W | 2175 comments Jayme, that's rotten. Sorry you had to deal with that.

Kristie, I thought when you said that you were going to welcome your new niece, she was already here! I hope she arrives soon.

message 12: by Kristie (new)

Kristie (spedkristie) | 385 comments So my niece Lia Grace arrived this morning at 5:24 am. I am heading over to see her this afternoon....

message 13: by Jennifer W (new)

Jennifer W | 2175 comments Congrats Kristie! Sounds like it was a fantastic weekend. :)

message 14: by Vered (new)

Vered (vered_ehsani) Kristie wrote: "So my niece Lia Grace arrived this morning at 5:24 am. I am heading over to see her this afternoon...."

ENJOY! How sweet.