Fantasy Book Club Series discussion

The Dragon Reborn (The Wheel of Time, #3)
This topic is about The Dragon Reborn
The Wheel of Time > DRAGON REBORN - Chapters 28 through 40 **SPOILERS**

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jon (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jon (jonmoss) | 706 comments I finished the second week of reading early, so I took a short break to catchup on another book I need to finish today or tomorrow. I'll start reading this section of The Dragon Reborn Sunday afternoon.

Spoilers are allowed for all previous books in the Wheel of Time series and this novel up through the end of Chapter 40. Anything beyond that should be marked as a spoiler using the spoiler tag (click on the some html is ok link above the comment box for more information).

Margot (freezebaby) So, last week I was trying to wrap up chapters 26 and 27, and then all of a sudden I realized I had just finished chapter 40!! I can't believe the book is almost over. At this point, it still feels to me like it hasn't really begun. No one has yet made it to Tear, but everyone's circling closer and closer.

I was very excited by the introduction of Faile, Perrin's hawk. She seems a lot younger-acting than I remembered. (view spoiler) I'm looking forward to re-watching that story unfold.

Scarlet I have actually finished the book so I'll just wait for the last discussion to say my opinion, but I remember this part as the one where I held my breath waiting to see who will reach Tear first

Evilynn | 68 comments I'd forgotten Faile doesn't call herself Faile until the Mandarb incident. I'd also forgotten about Nynaeave, Egwene and Elayne being taken prisoner on their way to Tear.

I sort of thought I'd be where I was 10 years ago when I had the first 6 books of WOT in my mind. OTOH it's interesting to see how much I might've missed in foreshadowing by not rereading everything before reading books 8-11.

message 5: by Jon (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jon (jonmoss) | 706 comments Evilynn wrote: "I'd forgotten Faile doesn't call herself Faile until the Mandarb incident. I'd also forgotten about Nynaeave, Egwene and Elayne being taken prisoner on their way to Tear.

I sort of thought I'd be..."

I'm definitely experiencing (or re-experiencing) the same sorts of things. And I'm amazed at how much I 'missed' (or just plain forgot) with respect to foreshadowing.

Alex | 104 comments Even if it does mean falcon I don't think I'd want to call myself Faile or be comfortable calling anyone else that unless I hated them.

Evilynn | 68 comments Alex wrote: "Even if it does mean falcon I don't think I'd want to call myself Faile or be comfortable calling anyone else that unless I hated them."

I think it's "fah-EEL" rather than "fail", but I see your point. ;)