UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops
Book Recommendations > Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops by Jen Campbell

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments I'm only a quarter of the way through this and I already know I want to recommend it. Hardly any of my friends have it added (I think only ONE has read it) and I need to spread the word.

It's literally a book made up of quotes from people in bookshops and I was sitting giggling my head of at it last night - some of them are golden.

It also includes some really good wee illustrations and they work on the Kindle nicely too!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Weird-Things-...

Linky!

Maybe a little bit pricey compared to some peoples budgets for books but it's a great little read!

message 2: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments Ha, I did the look inside thing. Very funny :o) I could be tempted...

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I read half of it in a bookshop. Very funny!

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments I forgot to mention that the author is coming to our Waterstones in Belfast tomorrow. I'm rather tempted to stop by (although it's a bit weird given the fact I don't have a physical copy of the book..)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I'd be tempted if I wasnt't on a promise from Darren.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Tee hee - I've just read inside too.

I used to work in a library and I wish I'd written down some of the things people asked. I can remember one of my favourites though:-

"Do you have Ivanhoe the Terrible?" (sounds like a spoof!)

;0)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Ha, oh yes, it would been funny to read Karen!

She has a blog too but I have no idea what the link to it is!

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Patti (Stir Crazy) wrote: "I'd be tempted if I wasnt't on a promise from Darren."

Because I'm so nosey inquisitive, I'm dying to know what you are talking about now! LOL

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Read Darren's thread then, nosy girl!

message 10: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments UNDEAD 4

message 11: by Elle (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments YE! I read it earlier!