Welcome to Anderson, Louisiana discussion

Town > Library

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) ((By request ;) Lots of genres, lots of books.))

message 2: by sydney (new)

sydney Spencer had finished his load of unpacking and his mother didn't expect him home with another for a while, so he turned his red truck around and headed for the library. He'd seen it enough times with as many trips as he had made into Anderson, so now he figured this was the time to get a card and some books.
He walked inside and the older woman at the front counter gave him a scrutinizing stare. He figured as much would happen in this close knit town, he was an outsider, and he loved it. There would be so much more freedom in a town where the girls didn't know his name, sure any other guy would have loved the constant attention, but not him. He was too shy.
Spencer turned and headed for the Historical Fiction section of the library and smiled. He was going to like this town.

message 3: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (imweirdgetusedtoit) Galina drove by the library on Mariah's bike, and paused. She was supposed to meet up with Mariah in a little while at the ice cream parlor, but the library was on her way there. Galina glanced down at the motercycle, and then back at her favorite building in town. Pulling Alejandro into an empty parking spot right be the entrance, she pulled out the keys, and stuck them in her dress pocket, climbing off. Maybe just for a few minutes...
As she walked in, she was greeted by the librarian, who knew her quite well, maybe even better than her parents. "Good morning, Galina dearie," The old lady said with a smile. Galina gave her a small smile back, then started off towards the history section, looking for a book that she hadn't already read. Maybe there would be something to spark her intrest.

message 4: by sydney (new)

sydney Spencer had grabbed at least five books and had taken them to the nook that resided by the history books. He opened one and began the adventure that would soon await him. His glasses dipped down his nose as they always did when he read, soon they were off his face and at his side. Spencer could see perfectly well up close, and so reading was just perfect.
A female protagonist, that's a new change. War stories generally begin with a man. He evaluated page by page the story, knowing if he only had the time he would write one day.

message 5: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (imweirdgetusedtoit) Galina browed thought the shelves, humming softly to herself, like she always did when she was looking for books. World War I, no, not interested, World War II, no, I've already read Anne Frank, Korean War, Cold War, Vietnam... Galina traced her finger over the spines of the books. Finally, she just pulled out a random one and opened it. The after affects on the country after a war. Seemed good enough to start with. She stood in the middle of the aisle between the bookcases, and started reading, not caring who else was there. No one ever was.

message 6: by sydney (new)

sydney Spencer looked up ever so slightly when he heard a noise down the aisle, without his glasses on he couldn't make out who the person was. Not that that mattered anyways, he only knew that Mariah girl he'd met in the club.
He could tell the figure was a girl, her feminine shape and dress proclaimed that, but also the way she stood, he could tell she was shy like himself.
Spencer placed his glasses back on his face and then observed the girl once more, she was breathtaking that was for sure. Maybe it was the added book in her hands, but he thought she was beautiful.

message 7: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (imweirdgetusedtoit) Galina turned the page, completely absorbed in the book. It was devastating to read, the pictures, true stories recounted by survivors, descriptions, and explanations on what happened. She felt her heart breaking for the poor people, even though the country had since recovered. How can people do this to other human beings? She thought, This is so horrid But she kept reading.

message 8: by sydney (new)

sydney Spencer smiled ever so slightly at the way she was so absorbed into the book, he looked to her other features, drawn first by her exquisite blue eyes. Her then looked at her small freckled nose and then the way her long red hair flowed passed her shoulders.
He scolded himself quickly for staring and then stood up immediately. He grabbed the five books he had placed beside him and then headed towards the entrance of the library. He walked up to her and whispered. "Excuse me miss."

message 9: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (imweirdgetusedtoit) So absorbed in her book, Galina didn't notice anyone was even closer to her until she heard someone whisper right beside her. She nearly jumped out of her skin, and whipped around, snapping the book shut. It was a guy.
Immediatly, Galina's heart jumped to her throat. It was a person. A guy. And he had spoken to her. Galina's brain might as well have been fried, because she couldn't think. A stranger, someone she'd never seen before in town, and they had talked to her. Her first reaction was to stare at the ground, and she moved out of the way. Maybe he'd just wanted to get past her. Yeah, that had to be it. She backed up against the bookshelf, letting him get past. "Sorry." She mumbled, barely even hearing herself speak.

message 10: by sydney (new)

sydney Spencer smiled just a bit at her shy nature. He plucked a book off the shelf, small with a blue cover but an amazing book. He handed it to her. "You seem to enjoy history as much as I do, you'll like this one I think."
He didn't know where this confidence was coming from but he was okay with it. "I'm Spencer by the way."

message 11: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (imweirdgetusedtoit) Cautiously, she reached out and took the book, opening it up and flipping through the pages. It looked okay, maybe she'd give it a try...Spencer? Her forehead scrunched for a second, then she looked up at him, getting a good view of his face.
Dark chocolate brown curls, the most intelligent green eyes framed by glasses. His smile was slightly lopsided...his name is Spencer and you are going to love him Mariah's voice echoed in her head. This couldn't be him...but here he was, standing in the historical fiction section, handing her a book. "Galina." She whispered, looking back down at the book. "I'm Galina."

message 12: by sydney (new)

sydney "Galina, that means calm." Spencer nodded knowingly, he smiled once more. "I can see that."
He took a step passed her. "Well I better get going, we are moving into the house on Rosewood street and I still have a lot of things to bring over. Do you think, maybe, umm..."
Spencer took a deep breath and then closed his eyes for a moment. "Do you think I could see you later today..? I don't really know anyone here and I kinda would like to find out more about the town."

message 13: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (imweirdgetusedtoit) Galina didn't answer right away. She lived on Rosewood street, a couple houses down from the one that was for sale...no way. This couldn't be happening. And wait, was he asking her if he could see her later? What? Galina stared at the book, tracing its title with her finger. "I live on Rosewood street." She said quietly, looking up at him, then loosing her confidence and looked back down at the book. The room seemed to swim in front of her eyes, like it always did when she was nervous. "I...I should go." She said, and put her books on the cart as she rushed out.

message 14: by sydney (new)

sydney Spencer bit his lip and sighed dejectedly. The very first girl he finds some interest in and she turns him down. He shifted the books in his arm and then walked over to check out his books. After that process was over he slipped them into his bag.

message 15: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (imweirdgetusedtoit) Galina rushed out the door to the motorcycle, trying not to have a panic attack. Breathe, just breathe. She told herself, but to no avail. With a shaking hand, she tried to start the bike, but her hand slipped and she dropped the keys. She bent down to pick them up, and tried to start the bike, and she saw Spencer walking out of the library.
The world tipped, and Galina tried to start the bike again. Her hand wasn't firm enough to get it started, and when she sneaked another peek at Spencer, she saw him walking in her direction. Everything went fuzzy, and everything swam in front of her eyes, and she fell of the bike onto the sidewalk as she fainted.

message 16: by sydney (new)

sydney Spencer watched as Galina fell to the sidewalk, he rushed over and lifted her tiny frame with ease, he didn't look like he was strong, but he truly was. He cradled her close to him and then walked in the direction he remembered seeing the hospital.

((is there a hospital in town??))

message 17: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (imweirdgetusedtoit) ((Uh...I don't think so.))

Galina was only out for a couple minutes. She blinked her eyes open, kicking herself mentally for having a panic attack in public, then stiffened. No, she was dreaming. She had to be. When, where, or why else would she be in someone's arms? Spencer's arms no less. Still, she blushed deeply and looked down, avoiding his face. She knew her body was stiff and tight as a board, but she couldn't help it. It was instinct to clench up, and that's what she did.

message 18: by sydney (new)

sydney Spencer couldn't find the hospital so he decided to run to his house, he took her over the street and into his house.

((I'll finish the post there okay? :) ))

message 19: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (imweirdgetusedtoit) ((Okay!))

message 20: by Perro (new)

Perro | 38 comments "'Stupid is as stupid does,' said Forrest," Elisha read and then closed the book. It was one of her favorites. She stared out the window of the library, the dust invading her nose. She watched the trolley bump along in the distance and saw the shrunken world below where the little people strolled around to little places.
That's all we are, Elisha thought, Little people, little places.
She went down to the main floor of the library and waited for fate to act.

message 21: by Perro (last edited Aug 23, 2012 01:42PM) (new)

Perro | 38 comments After about 10 minutes of progressive nothingness Elisha went outside. The air was hot and damp, like you could wring it out. Eli wiped her sweaty palms on her short-shorts a few times and adjusted her crop top. If she was going to walk around half dressed she was going to do it decently. She started walking down the street.

((Lol , you people don't leave me hanging ^.^ Idek where I'm making her go yet..Maybe the park.))

message 22: by ѕтαяк (new)

ѕтαяк (cometocloseanduwillloseafinger) | 15 comments Chloe, walked into the library not wanting to disturb the silence. Oddly, the library was almost empty, there was only one person in the library, lost in a book. Chloe slowly walked over to her favourite section, science fiction. She brushed her palms over the spines of the books until she found one that seemed interesting. She picked it up and took it out of the library, lost in the book.