Shoujo Manga Book Club discussion

General Discussion > J-rock/J-pop

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Do you listen to J-rock or J-pop? Who are your favorite bands/musicians?

I don't listen to as much J-music as I used to, but I still love X Japan, Gackt, Malice Mizer, Kanon Wakeshima, Dir en Grey, Puffy AmiYumi, Morning Musume, Hatsune Miku (and other Vocaloids), An Cafe, and Miyavi.

message 2: by Cindy III (new)

Cindy III | 192 comments I listen to some Japanese music. My favorite are: the GazettE, Girugamesh, Gackt, Alice Nine, and An Cafe. I also like a few songs by others, but not as many.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

It seems you like a little bit of visual kei? Older visual kei bands are pretty cool, but it's starting to all sound the same.

message 4: by Cindy III (new)

Cindy III | 192 comments Maybe. I haven't really heard any of the new music they've made, but I like what I have heard. I guess I do like visual kei.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm just noticing that most of the bands you like are visual kei bands.

message 6: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Hatsune Miku, and wait.....I am having a temporary memory loss

message 7: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (faize) | 194 comments The song Bird by Yuya Matsushita is pretty good.

message 8: by D.M. (new)

D.M. Dutcher  | 35 comments Hiya, I also like Vocaloids too. I like all the Supercell w Ryo songs using her, like Melt, but my favorite artist both with Miku and singing by himself is Yuyoyuppe-he does hard rock screamo music. Like here, with Emotion and Reason:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRkPUd...

I also like Clammbon, Origa, NobodyKnows+, Darthreider, and Try force.

message 9: by Jean (last edited Aug 30, 2012 05:36PM) (new)

Jean (otakumom) I really like Rayflower and Heidi. And I also adore Kanon Wakeshima, Kalafina, Aimer, and LAMA.

message 10: by Selena (new)

Selena (sailorstar165) | 2022 comments Mod
Ever heard of DJ Okawari? I really like her.

My tastes are pretty varied, though. For the most part, what I listen to is an OP or ED of an anime. ^^;;;

message 11: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe Andamo (phoibee) | 23 comments I listen to Kanon Wakeshima, Shimokawa Mikuni, Utada Hikaru, Koike Teppei, Aqua Timez, High & Mighty Colors, and other anime soundtracks. Sometimes Kat-tun & Arashi because of some Jdramas :D

message 12: by Selena (last edited Oct 12, 2012 05:03AM) (new)

I like Utada Hikaru. I haven't heard much from her lately, though. What's your favorite song by her?

message 13: by Velveteen (new)

Velveteen Rabbit (balthiersrabbit) | 39 comments i love the gazette, lycaon, breakers,versailles,utad hikaru,diru,9goatsblackout,deluhi,kat-tun,kalafina and exist+trace.

message 14: by Selena (new)

I've heard some Versailles. My brother was into their music at one point. Haven't heard much lately, though.

message 15: by Velveteen (new)

Velveteen Rabbit (balthiersrabbit) | 39 comments Selena wrote: "I've heard some Versailles. My brother was into their music at one point. Haven't heard much lately, though."

I think they came out with a new album either last year or the year before that. heard they are on hiatus..

message 16: by Hanako (new)

Hanako Tachibana (otakusakura) | 13 comments My favourite singer is Yui (I love her song "Cherry")
I like Beckii Cruel, although she isn't Japanese! I like her song "Tokyo Love". The band Mu-ray does covers of anime theme songs, and I like them. And Vocaloid, of course!

message 17: by Luki (new)

Luki (ladylukicross) | 1 comments Hey!Say!Jump! is pretty much the best boy group, ever. Ha-ha. I've recently been listening to some Kohmi Hirose (after her song was mentioned in one of John Green's Youtube videos.)

message 18: by Yue (new)

Yue | 67 comments I've been listening lately a lot of KAT-TUN, which is another Johnny's band.

message 19: by Annie (new)

Annie (annie5868) | 3 comments I love Jpop!!!

message 20: by Nekokit (new)

Nekokit | 747 comments I mostly listen to the Vocaloids!!

message 21: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (juvia_winter) | 195 comments I have really been getting into Kalafina lately. I really enjoy their music. Some of their videos are really pretty too.