What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Junie B. Jones and Her Big Fat Mouth (Junie B. Jones, #3)
SOLVED: Children's/YA > Young Children's chapter book series about a young girl. One of the books involves career day and the main character exaggerating about the amazing career she's chosen. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sharnie (new)

Sharnie | 16 comments This is a bit of an odd request, but I remember reading these in primary school and loving them, and I thought they would be a good follow on from the Violet Mackerel books for my little sister.
Anyhow - One of the books is about the upcoming career day at the main characters school. The Main girl wants to have chosen the most exciting career in the class and is very competitive. She begins giving everyone hints about her amazing career (which she had not yet decided on) which involved heroism, and carrying keys.
One recess she is eating sweets (they may have been life savers) and she dropped a red one on the ground. The red ones being her favorite she thought nothing of picking it up to eat it again, however the school janitor saw her and told her not to eat it.
The career day comes and she's dressed as a janitor and when she gives her speech she talks about how janitors carry keys and save people from poisoned red life savers.

I also remember there was a book about her new baby brother/sister (I don't recall).
Sorry, thanks for your help.

message 2: by Sharnie (new)

Sharnie | 16 comments Also, I can't remember her name, but she became annoyed at anyone who left out the initial B between her first and last name.

message 3: by D.M. (last edited Jun 14, 2012 08:10PM) (new)

D.M. Dutcher  | 340 comments Junie B. Jones and Her Big Fat Mouth comes to mind, but I'm not entirely sure.

Michelle Crouse's review of it has this:

I chose Junie B. Jones and Her Big Fat Mouth for contemporary realistic fiction. In this book Junie B. Jones is told to think of what she wants to be for Job Day at her school. She doesn't know what she wants to be so she decides she wants to be a janitor, a painter and someone who saves the world. A little boy on the bus tells her there is no such job and she yells at him with her loud mouth. Her mouth is always getting her in trouble in school, at home with her new baby brother and with her friends. She even got punished in school for running her mouth. When she came in for job day and said she wanted to be a janitor the class laughed at her. Then the schools janitor came in and told the class about his job and everyone thought it was cool.

message 4: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (handmaiden) | 390 comments I'm pretty sure you're looking for the Junie B. Jones books, by Barbara Park. Junie B. Jones and Her Big Fat Mouth is the one about Career Day.

message 5: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (handmaiden) | 390 comments Great minds think alike, Dmdutcher! You were just a little faster than me and posted while I was still typing. :)

message 6: by D.M. (new)

D.M. Dutcher  | 340 comments Lol, yes, two ships on the same course there.

message 7: by Sharnie (new)

Sharnie | 16 comments Oh goodness, thank you very much, it was certainly Junie B. Jones. Thank you, I'm looking forward to hunting them down and reading them to my little sister