Debates of all sorts discussion

Current events/news > NYC Wants to Ban Soda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♥ Rachel♥, Hey, whoa, I'm a mod! (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 767 comments Mod
Not really, but what Mayor Bloomberg does want to ban is jumbo size sodas (over 16 oz.) being served in restaurants, bars, etc.

What do you think about the issue? Should Bloomberg be allowed to protect people from themselves? Or should people be allowed to make these decisions for themselves?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

There is no issue, it's just soda....

message 3: by Hazel (new)

Hazel | 154 comments do they come with a free refill? If so, banning a size makes shit all difference other than making people get up to refill more often.

Beautiful Cheese (Celine) (zeelazybum) | 131 comments Or they can get two 8oz cups.

message 5: by Kirby (new)

Kirby | 132 comments Celine -The Seamstress Archaeologist- wrote: "Or they can get two 8oz cups."

I actually had wondered if that might be part of the motivation- twice the sales tax.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Kirby wrote: "I actually had wondered if that might be part of the motivation- twice the sales tax."

That's exactly it. More money from the sales tax.

Bloomberg tried pushing through a state wide soda tax and failed because quite a few sections of New York thought it was insane. This was this power drunk's answer. This all about taxing the piss out of New Yorkers and nothing more. Now he is wanting to go after popcorn in movie theaters.

Bloomberg is a fucking douche bag.