Ladies who love Laurell discussion

Anita #22 ~ Affliction

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) Post any news you find about the next Anita book here. The Merry book for December of this year is on indefinite hold and LKH is currently writing the next Anita book and has started a book in a whole new series.

Here's the blog announcing it:
http://www.laurellkhamilton.org/2012/...

message 2: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 52 comments I'm disappointed about the merry book but that's the way life goes. sigh. wonder what the new series will be about. hope the next anita book deals with otto the werewolf/serial killer loose end.

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily | 4 comments I guess we have a while to wait for a new Merry book, but as long as she continues with the Anita series, I can wait. I hope the next book has more Jean Claude.

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) Olaf is a werelion, not a werewolf. I'd like to see him go up against Nicky. That would be a good fight.

message 5: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (audiobookmel) I saw that we are going to get to see Micah's family. Nathaniel goes as well. Should be interesting!

message 6: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (audiobookmel) Post on Facebook 10/30/12

Yes, Jean-Claude is on stage in Affliction - !

"If I don't say it enough, Jean-Claude, I love you, I love seeing your face across the table while we eat, and watching you root at Cynric's football games, and watching you read bedtime stories to Matthew when he stays with us, and a thousand surprising things, all of it, its you, and I love you."
"You will make me cry."
"A smart friend told me that it's okay to cry, sometimes you're so happy it spills out your eyes."

message 7: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (myasmom) | 8 comments Thanks Melanie! I love hearing that.

message 8: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 52 comments can hardly wait.

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) Affliction will be out July 2, 2013. Jean-Claude has a large role, Edward is now on page and we have the Wicked Truth. Nom!! Plus, it looks like it's going to be a long book. Might hit 500 pages, but unsure at this time.

message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather Coffman (firewolftress) | 11 comments from what I read today it has already hit 500 pages cause the Wicked Truth dont show up till 500 pages

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) She'll still need to edit it. Original written pages don't always make it to the final edition. It would be nice to have a 700 page book though.

message 12: by Heather (new)

Heather Coffman (firewolftress) | 11 comments yeah I hope so

message 13: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 52 comments july can't get here fast enough for me.

message 14: by Nika ♥Marie♥ (new)

Nika  ♥Marie♥ (livingcre8tively) Me either. I am one of the few people that I know that have no complaints about none of the books

message 15: by Heather (new)

Heather Coffman (firewolftress) | 11 comments I dont have any complaints about the books either

message 16: by Nika ♥Marie♥ (new)

Nika  ♥Marie♥ (livingcre8tively) Heather wrote: "I dont have any complaints about the books either"

That's good!!! I love the series I just discovered it last year and read both series' straight through.

message 17: by Heather (new)

Heather Coffman (firewolftress) | 11 comments yeah I first found them when there was only 12 Anita Blake books out and I have followed them since

message 18: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (myasmom) | 8 comments Nika♥ ♥ wrote: "Me either. I am one of the few people that I know that have no complaints about none of the books"

Same here! I can't wait for July!

message 19: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 52 comments I've read her since the first anita blake book came out in paperback. there were 2 copies in the nearby waldenbooks and I bought one because I liked the cover and the blurb. have been reading her ever since.

message 20: by Lasher (new)

Lasher | 11 comments Olaf? A Werelion? Where did I miss this? Just finished Kiss the Dead and he took off. Since I do the audio books, I am wondering if I missed something. Please help?

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) At the end of Hit List he was attacked by a werelion.

message 22: by Becca (new)

Becca Hall | 9 comments GO READ THIS!!!! 2 chapters from Affliction!!! OMG!!! eeee http://www.laurellkhamilton.org/2013/...

message 23: by Lasher (new)

Lasher | 11 comments Isn't werelion one of the hardest strains of lycanthropy to catch?

message 24: by Heather (new)

Heather Coffman (firewolftress) | 11 comments yes its one of the harder ones

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) All the big cats are harder to get, yet not impossible.

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) Becca wrote: "GO READ THIS!!!! 2 chapters from Affliction!!! OMG!!! eeee http://www.laurellkhamilton.org/2013/..."

I'm going to wait until the book comes out. I don't like reading a chapter or two before I have it in my hands.

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) Just a reminder that the book released today. :)

message 29: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (audiobookmel) I just bought it. It is a big book. They also changed the page formatting. They do not start a new chapter on a new page, so it is even bigger than it looks.

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) I'll probably be picking it up tomorrow. Got a lot going on since the kids are headed to my parents for two weeks.

message 31: by Becca (new)

Becca Hall | 9 comments So confused reading affliction and it says Nicky acted as a deputy on a execution, for the life of me I can't remember this happening. What book?

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) I don't remember that. Sometimes LKH will reference something that happened off page, not in a book. It's maddening.

message 33: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline (jacqu) | 12 comments It was in Hit Last several of the guards where made deputies when they where hunting the harlequin.

message 34: by Carla (new)

Carla Brown (CarlaJane629) Anyone else think Jean Claude, Micah, and Nathaniel should take Blake as their last name?

message 35: by Heather (new)

Heather Coffman (firewolftress) | 11 comments Omg the book was great i couldnt put it down but now im sad its over and i have to wait forever for the next one

message 36: by Karen (new)

Karen | 8 comments Great book , can't wait for the next one

message 37: by Karen (new)

Karen | 8 comments Ohhhh and next year a new merry book yayyy

message 38: by Heather (new)

Heather Coffman (firewolftress) | 11 comments I hate waiting >.<

message 39: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline (jacqu) | 12 comments Great idea for the guys to take Anita's surname who needs a commitment ceremony?

message 40: by Raven (new)

Raven (BlackBirdie2004) | 8 comments Loved the book and I am thinking about reading it again. Big step up from the last few books.

message 41: by Sheera (new)

Sheera (she612) | 2 comments I bought it on the 4th, went to a holiday celebration, finished it by the 6th (I think) ... and want to re-read it already!

message 42: by Qiana (new)

Qiana (kianaabdu13) finally have a chance to pick up my copy today...yeaaaahh

message 43: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Santiago (bookjedi) | 5 comments Carla wrote: "Anyone else think Jean Claude, Micah, and Nathaniel should take Blake as their last name?"
That would only seem logical since they are her main men.

message 44: by Lasher (new)

Lasher | 11 comments I have one of the library's first copies waiting for me to pick up tomorrow. I be doing the happy dance. Hope the family doesn't mind PB&J for a day or two.

message 45: by Lasher (new)

Lasher | 11 comments Just finished Affliction and I have to say ... I'm confused. Not exactly sure why I am confused, but I'm confused.

message 46: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 1 comments Just finished reading this book last week and I have to say, if it's not the best Anita Blake yet, it is one of the best. I got it from the library, finished it in a few days, and so want to read it again already. If I could pump this book directly into my brain, I'd be set!

message 47: by Erika (new)

Erika Peluso (erikapeluso) | 12 comments Lasher - Express your self? Why confused?

Jennifer - I SOOOO Agree! It's been a long time since a book in this series has pleased me and kept my intense interest. Laurell pulled out all the stops.

message 48: by Lasher (new)

Lasher | 11 comments I'm re-reading first. Seeing if i missed something.

message 49: by Erika (new)

Erika Peluso (erikapeluso) | 12 comments Lasher wrote: "I'm re-reading first. Seeing if i missed something."

Good idea.

message 50: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline (jacqu) | 12 comments Just finished re reading and although it's not my favourite book in the series it is one of them. I'm so glad I re read it as it is amazing how much more you pick up especially as I do tend to rush the first reading to find out exactly what has happened.

« previous 1