We love stepback covers discussion

Introduce yourself :)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (thepiratewench) | 333 comments Mod
Welcome to the We Love Stepback Covers group!
Tell us something about yourself,where your from,what kind of romance books do you like? Do you have a favorite stepback cover? A favorite author that always has these beautiful covers for her books?
Have some recommends to share? Looking for a certain stepback cover? You've come to the right group!
Enjoy all the lovely covers in our "group-photo" section. Look forward to sharing & chatting with you all..join in and have fun :)

message 2: by Neveen (new)

Neveen (neveenbadr) | 8 comments Hello every one.
I am Nevey and addicted to Highlanders :D

Welcome to the group Nevey! There are lots of Highlander romances with great stepbacks..if you know of any or have or are looking for that's not here let us know.Meanwhile..join in on the threads,and enjoy the Photo stepback section.:)

message 4: by Neveen (new)

Neveen (neveenbadr) | 8 comments Thanks so much Sandi.
Sure I am looking for new Highlander reads; would you recommend me some please?

Gosh Nevey..there are SO many that I have and so many out there that it would take a master list to make.
I have to say my favorite is Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series to start.What you could do is check out the "highlander romance" group I belong in there is great recommends there,check out the bookshelf ect..thats what I do when Im looking for a certain genre to read in. Listopida in goodreads has some great recommends and reviews as well for highlander romances.

message 6: by Neveen (new)

Neveen (neveenbadr) | 8 comments Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Gosh Nevey..there are SO many that I have and so many out there that it would take a master list to make.
I have to say my favorite is Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series to start.What you could do i..."

Wonderful. I am in love with Monica McCarty writings and I wish to find things up to her level.

Thanks for feeding my addiction ;) .

Nevey Berry wrote: "Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Gosh Nevey..there are SO many that I have and so many out there that it would take a master list to make.
I have to say my favorite is Diana Gabaldon's Outlander ..."

Indeed we all have a certain book addiction...you'll let me know of any "pirate romances" you come across that I havent got? :)

message 8: by Neveen (new)

Neveen (neveenbadr) | 8 comments Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Nevey Berry wrote: "Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Gosh Nevey..there are SO many that I have and so many out there that it would take a master list to make.
I have to say my favorite is Diana G..."

"pirate romances" Never tried them but fancy this theme.
I want to read about Highlanders as much as I can and more.

Севдалина | 170 comments Mod
Hi Nevey my favorite highlander romance are Julie's Garwood "The Bride", "The Secret" and "The Ransom". <3

Inka wrote: "Hi Nevey my favorite highlander romance are Julie's Garwood "The Bride", "The Secret" and "The Ransom". <3"

I read The Bride,and agree with Inka it was good. Havent read the other two by her,although I have them.Dont they go together Inka? The Secret is the 1st book,Ransom the sequel?

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Inka wrote: "Hi Nevey my favorite highlander romance are Julie's Garwood "The Bride", "The Secret" and "The Ransom".

I read The Bride,and agree with Inka it was good. Havent read the other two by..."

Yes Sandi "The secret" and "The ransom" are from one trilogy I love them. You must read this books.

message 12: by Neveen (new)

Neveen (neveenbadr) | 8 comments Inka wrote: "Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Inka wrote: "Hi Nevey my favorite highlander romance are Julie's Garwood "The Bride", "The Secret" and "The Ransom".

I read The Bride,and agree with Inka it was..."

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Inka wrote: "Hi Nevey my favorite highlander romance are Julie's Garwood "The Bride", "The Secret" and "The Ransom".

I read The Bride,and agree with Inka it was good. Havent read the other two by..."

Hello girls.
I have read books by Julie Garwood but not these novels and sure I enjoy her writing so I will buy them.

I love all of Julie Garwood's "older" books. Not fond of her newer ones,and hope she will go back to historical romance.

I read her new book. They are as good as historycal.:D

message 15: by Neveen (new)

Neveen (neveenbadr) | 8 comments Inka wrote: "I read her new book. They are as good as historycal.:D"

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "I love all of Julie Garwood's "older" books. Not fond of her newer ones,and hope she will go back to historical romance."

She stopped writing Historical Fiction???

P.S. Whenever thing group have more remembers can I be a Mod, please?

Inka wrote: "I read her new book. They are as good as historycal.:D"

I liked her romantic suspense books..just not the contempory ones. Which new ones have you read Inka that you would recommend?

In Bulgaria we have only her suspense books.

Buchanan-Renard
1. Heartbreaker (2000)
2. Mercy (2001)
3. Killjoy (2002)
4. Murder List (2004)
5. Slow Burn (2005)
6. Shadow Dance (2006)
7. Fire and Ice (2008)
8. Sizzle (2009)
And i recommendet all of them. We have just 3 historical. "The Bride", "The Gift" and "Castles". I love them, and I have read them million times. After I read these three book's I fall in love with her romance and after that I translate from English to Bulgarian "The Wedding", "The Secret", "Ransom", "Honor's Splendour" and "Rebellious Desire". I love all of them.:D If you are not read some of them you should read them soon.

message 18: by Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (last edited Jul 28, 2012 03:51PM) (new)

Thanks Inka! I have them all except for Shadow Dance,Fire and Ice..isnt there another to the Buchanan series? I think there is a newer one out?

message 19: by Neveen (new)

Neveen (neveenbadr) | 8 comments wow that's so long list.

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Thanks Inka! I have them all except for Shadow Dance,Fire and Ice..isnt there another to the Buchanan series? I think there is a newer one out?"

Yes I forgot that one, she is "The Ideal Man". Again one splendid book, but she is not from the Buchanan serie. In the book we can see familiar heros from the serie.

message 21: by Neveen (new)

Neveen (neveenbadr) | 8 comments Too many books again; I am broke :'(

message 22: by Milena (last edited Jul 31, 2012 03:07PM) (new)

Milena (milenasbookcornercom) | 1 comments Hi Ladies here's the breakdown of Garwood's books as I know it:

Crown's Spies
1. The Lion's Lady (1988)
2. Guardian Angel (1990)
3. The Gift (1991)
4. Castles (1993)

Lairds' Fiancees
1. The Bride (1989)
2. The Wedding (1996)

Highlands' Lairds
1. The Secret (1992)
2. Ransom (1999)
3. Shadow Music (2007)

Claybornes' Brides (Rose Hill)
1. For the Roses (1995)
2. One Pink Rose (1997)
3. One White Rose (1997)
4. One Red Rose (1997)
5. Come the Spring (1997)

The Buchanan-Renard is as Inka listed earlier.

I also agree Julie Garwood is a fantastic author but I must admit that her contemporary novels do nothing for me. Inka's recommendations are great!

message 23: by Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (last edited Jul 31, 2012 03:56PM) (new)

Thanks so much for breaking these down Milena! I totally forgot about the Clayborne Brides series,I did have them once but lent them out thinking I had all the others to keep me busy for awhile,but the "friend" moved away with them. I have searched for them in the UBS but they are hard to find.
Shadow Music goes with the Highland Lairds? I thought it went with the Buchanan-Renard..I guess because it had "Shadow" like Shadow Dance..well then Im missing one so I need to get that one..thanks for clearing the series up in order :)

message 24: by Anna (new)

Anna (angiell) | 2 comments Thanks Inka for the group invite, my name is Anna and I am from Australia. I started falling in love with Historical Romances when i discovered one of my all time favorite authors "Johanna Lindsay" and her delicious covers with Fabio ( who i had a massive crush on at the time) on the covers, since then i have read lots and lots of books in every genre but Historical,Highlander and Time Travel romances will always be my one true loves... :)

message 25: by Anna (new)

Anna (angiell) | 2 comments Oh i forgot, some of my fave step back covers are, The magic of you, Until forever, Angel, by Johanna Lindsey and Splendor by Catherine Hart....

Welcome to the group Anna! Yes I agree Johanna Lindsey had some of the best covers on her older original books,even though she had Fabio on most of them he always looked different on each cover.If you have any requests for covers,that we dont have (check stepback list) Let us know, Inka and SaturNalia are great for finding what is thought not to be found:)

message 27: by ᑭᑌᑎƳᗩ [Punya Reviews...] (last edited Oct 21, 2012 02:21PM) (new)

ᑭᑌᑎƳᗩ [Punya Reviews...] (sadeyes) | 1 comments (Thanks for inviting me Inka.)

Hey everyone, Punya here. I LOVE beautiful stepbacks, and sometimes I add them in GR. :p

message 28: by Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (last edited Oct 21, 2012 04:04PM) (new)

.þµŋψà. [Punya Reviews...] wrote: "(Thanks for inviting me Inka.)

Hey everyone, Punya here. I LOVE beautiful stepbacks, and sometimes I add them in GR. :p"

Welcome to the group Punya! I hope you find some beautiful stepback covers here,as well join in on any of the thread discussions. Look forward to chatting with you..oh and if you have any pic's we dont have,please share them in the group photo's section the more the better!:D

message 29: by Callum (new)

Callum Macpherson (MrRomance) | 4 comments Hi there, I'm Callum, I'm thinking I may possibly be the only male romance fan on here (or not!). I used to post infrequently on the Romantic Times website as Mr Romance and even had a few comments published in the Romantic Times magazines. It's always about the covers. I bought my first romance books in 1999 (Shirl Henke - Terms of Love, Madeline Baker - Renegade Heart and Warrior's Lady) and have literally several hundred. I tend to go for books with cover artwork by Pino Daeni as, in my opinion, no one draws women quite so beautifully as he does. His artwork epitomises all I love and find attractive about women.

I reside in Glasgow in the United Kingdom, so I'm Scottish (although being a proud Briton I prefer to refer to myself as British) with a mixture of Highlander and Lowlander, English and a little bit of German and Irish in the family history.
I work in a 9 to 5 administration job that I can't stand and I hope to leave at some point soon. I have a natural affinity with animals and would like to do a job caring for them or a job outdoors somewhere remote in northern Scotland (I'm not much of a city person, I prefer the outdoor countryside life).

Currently single I reached my 30th birthday milestone the other month. I managed to convert one ex girlfriend in to reading romance books.

message 30: by Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* (last edited Nov 27, 2012 02:14AM) (new)

Welcome to the group Callum! I have been reading and have had a subscription to Romantic Times Mag since it was a newspaper format! For me too it's all about the covers first as it is what draws me to pick up that book. There are a few really good artists from back in the days of the older books that I like best,as well as some up coming new ones,but some of the later date ones have the "look" of a painting..love those.I did a 3 week tour of Scotland a few years back..loved it! Would go back in a heart beat. Hope you find some covers you like here,and if you have any to add to the stepback photo section..please do. Or can help us find ones:)

message 31: by Callum (new)

Callum Macpherson (MrRomance) | 4 comments I did indeed find some brilliant covers on here - the Jodi Thomas Tender Texan stepback was brilliant. I believe the male model in that is Steve Sandalis (his website features alot of stepback covers from his day as the Topaz Man). It is also by Pino, so ws glad to find it. I also own a few other Jodi Thomas stepbacks that I will try and contribute to the site. More than happy to also help trace any stepbacks or covers, such as that Catherine Creel Texas Spitfire book (Fabio is the cover model and Elaine is the artist).

I'm not sure if it has previously been mentioned, but there is always Uncle Walter's Bad Romance Novel Covers website. He lists hundreds of them including many stepbacks and back covers. He does include some rather unfunny comments about the artwork, but that aside it is a good source of stepback art.

Callum wrote: "I did indeed find some brilliant covers on here - the Jodi Thomas Tender Texan stepback was brilliant. I believe the male model in that is Steve Sandalis (his website features alot of stepback cov..."

Thanks Callum! Will look forward to ones you can find for the group.We have many requests in the "Looking for a Certain Stepback?" thread. I do enjoy all lot of the newer ones as some are very tastefully done...but still the older the better for me,its like you said there isn't much to the stepback but a chair..a pose.. ect but the older ones have a background scene to fuel the imagination with the couple lost in a world of their own! And even better a picture on the back cover
*sigh* I do have an addiction to covers:) And not ashamed to admit:D

message 33: by Callum (new)

Callum Macpherson (MrRomance) | 4 comments One of my all time favourite back cover pictures (so frequently used by Avon) was for the book Commanche Rain by Gennell Dellin. Unlike alot of the other romance books I own I did read that one in full and I loved it. The art is very sizzling and really captures so much emotion (wish I knew who the artist was, but Avon were bad for not leaving a signature visible) from the story. What I loved about the story is the characters were actually reasonably aged - the hero, Nokona, was in his late 30's and had his wife sorely taken from him by one of the Indian wars, so was bitter and withdrawn and had a heart of stone. The heroine, Abigail, was also in her 30's. It was very touching as unlike so many other ones I've read such as Renegade Heart by Madeline Baker and Savage Rogue by Michalann Perry, there was no bed hopping. The love scene happened right towards the end and was truly key to the story. Before then the relationship just sort of developed. Plus the author gave alot of insight in to the ways of the Comanche and one particular scene was really heartwarming when Nokona rescued a trapped female bear and her cub from the vines of a tree. Brilliant.

Oh yes! I have that book(Commanche Rain)..beautiful cover! I havent read it yet so by your discription it will be one I will enjoy thanks:) I also have all the others,and enjoyed them due to the "Historical details" To me a book has to have the right amount of balance ,romance, historical detail,engaging characters and a good story that will hold you in till the end.Otherwise no matter how lovely the cover if it dosent balance out..it's just wallpaper/fluff:(

message 35: by Callum (new)

Callum Macpherson (MrRomance) | 4 comments That is very true indeed. I found Renegade Heart by Madeline Baker (the first I bought and first I read) to be nothing more than a carbon copy of a story with really weakly created characters. I was very disappointed in that one. One I did quite like was Sagebrush Bride by Tanya Anne Crosby. That is an Avon book with an apparent Fabio cover (though I personally think it looks more like it could be Steve Sandalis) that inaccurately depicts the hero as he is supposed to be bearded. The heroine in that one was one of the most annoying characters I have ever read and I never warmed to her even by the very end she was still not a character I could like. The hero, called Cutter Mackenzie, was quite well written though. I suppose it was Ms Crosby's second novel, so perhaps she was still just gaining her stride.

I do have the habit of judging a book by its cover with these and alot of the time the result can be a rather dull read.

"I do have the habit of judging a book by its cover"..

Hah! Well your not alone in that dept,I do it all the time when Im in a UBS and see alot of those "purty" covers..I just grab and read the back later. Sometimes..you do pay the price and get some real "duds" but its still fun:)

message 37: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Contreras (ladycontreras) | 2 comments Hello, my name is Theresa and I'm overly obsessed with Historical romance! This may sound strange but it's not so much the artwork on the cover that grabs me but the vibe the book is giving off.. I can just feel when I need to read a book. :) I must be nuts! I just loooove the cover of Samantha James A Perfect Hero the Sterling trilogy #3 the heroine is down right sexy! Just stunning!

Welcome to the group Theresa!:)

message 39: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Contreras (ladycontreras) | 2 comments Thank you so much! Happy to be here!

Welcome to Linnae! I have moved your "promo-info" to the Author Promotions folder where also websites/blogs/promotions are to go.Thanks for the info look forward to hearing more from you there.:)

message 41: by Lover of Romance (new)

Lover of Romance (loverofromance) | 2 comments Hello, My name is Renee, and I just love anything romance, but my favorite will always be historical romance. Covers are what draw me to a book most of the time. I really love Karen Hawkins and Sabrina Jeffries.

Welcome to the group Renee(LOR) I have to admit Im a cover addict! I really love the older ones the best. Hope you find something in the group photo section when you check it out:)

message 43: by Lover of Romance (new)

Lover of Romance (loverofromance) | 2 comments Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Welcome to the group Renee(LOR) I have to admit Im a cover addict! I really love the older ones the best. Hope you find something in the group photo section when you check it out:)"
I do like older ones as well like Genell Dellin or Linda Neeham. But I definitely will explore and see what treasures I can find :)

message 44: by Willow (new)

Willow  | 12 comments Hey Sandi, I found this cool website that has some of Pino's lovely stepback covers. I thought I would share the link. :D

http://www.artshopnc.com/pino-art/pin...

Oh.My.Gosh. You just made this cover addict very happy
Bookmarked!! Thank you my friend,Im in book cover heaven scrolling through them:D

message 46: by Willow (new)

Willow  | 12 comments Yay! Isn't Pino's work amazing? :D
The funny thing is, I can't always find the book that goes with the stepback. I looked all over for the second one with the Roman stepback. It's called The Last Disciple, but the only book I can find with the same title is by Hank Hanegraaff. Somehow I don't think they are the same book.

I know Im looking at some of these and I have seen the cover/stepback but cant remember the book title :(

message 48: by Duchess (new)

Duchess | 2 comments Hello everyone so happy to be a part of this group. I love historical romances and i love looking at step back covers. When i get hold of a new book i immediately flip the cover to see if there is a step back cover. Its all very artistic and passionate and its easier to imagine a face for a hero and heroine if there is a step up cover. It really inspire me to read

Welcome to the group Duchess! I do the same thing when I pick up a book that looks like there maybe that hidden art work inside and it always feels like you have found a treasure. A kindle can't give you that. :)

message 50: by Duchess (new)

Duchess | 2 comments Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* wrote: "Welcome to the group Duchess! I do the same thing when I pick up a book that looks like there maybe that hidden art work inside and it always feels like you have found a treasure. A kindle can't gi..."

Since Im using a mini ipad and can edit epub fairly well using SIGIL. I always add a stepback cover to my books when there is available :)

« previous 1