Addicted to YA discussion

Heroes > Leo Valdez (Heroes Of Olympus)

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (new)

Nikki Sojkowski (nikkisoj) | 1545 comments Mod
He'd only the most amazing guy in the series!!! battling it up with my epic favorites (Percy and Nico)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

umm...its Leo Valdez :)

message 3: by Farhia (new)

Farhia (farhia97) | 183 comments He's my favorite of the new trio. He is like ULTRA FANTASTIC! Funny, sarcastic...and his super rare fire powers just completes his awesomeness :)

message 4: by Jay (new)

Jay | 1906 comments Leo is cool

message 5: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (new)

Jay wrote: "Leo is cool"

*Correction. Leo is HOT as in quite literally hot with his flame power and then actually hot lol

message 6: by Farhia (new)

Farhia (farhia97) | 183 comments Nikki wrote: "Jay wrote: "Leo is cool"

*Correction. Leo is HOT as in quite literally hot with his flame power and then actually hot lol"

hahaha you are true though, but his fire powers are amazing

message 7: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (new)

I loved his 'Team Leo' in mark of athena, he's so funny! "I'm the super-sized mcsizzle. bad boy supreme. and the ladies LOVE a bad boy."

message 8: by Amphitrite (new)

Amphitrite (ravenclaweruditedemigodselected) | 9 comments All the girls love Leo and who can blame them. He is literally hot and a bad boy supreme. His jokes are hilarious and he is the only hero who had remembered Calypso long enough to save her. He promised on the River Styx to come back even though it should have been impossible to go back. Not to mention he is great at building stuff and speaks morses code which is irrelevant but cool.

message 9: by Anna (new)

Anna Sobczak (reader222) "All the ladies love Leo!" Its True!!!!!

message 10: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle | 9 comments Leo is amazing. His back story is one of the hardest out of the seven. Caleo is adorable. Leo is also incredibly sassy. I also wish that Leo and Nico were closer.

message 11: by Anna (new)

Anna Sobczak (reader222) I love how cool Leo is. He is laid back and is such a boss!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Leo's awesome! I used to have a crush on him, and I feel kind of weird admitting that, but I'm over him now. He's amazing anyways!

message 13: by Aisling (new)

Aisling | 51 comments If i were to pick any fictional character to come to life it would definitely be Leo Valdez. I am fortunate enough to have found a guy who looks exactly as he's described and acts exactly the same way, one time I even caught him say" I try very hard to be annoying ,don't insult my ability to annoy"(a quote that Leo said). But he had never read any of the Percy Jackson books( I later forced him to read them). So naturally we became best friends and have been for over a year and a half. So whenever anyone says fictional characters aren't real I have to agree but that doesn't mean that people in real life don't have the ability to share the same characteristic as they do.

message 14: by Miracle (new)

Miracle (bibliophilelife) | 14 comments he is one of my favorites with nico and jason in the series he is hilarious and that ending to the series was spectacular i am so happy he found someone

message 15: by Elm (new)

Elm ABSOLUTELY LOVE LEO :)

message 16: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina | 10 comments You could say that I have a major love at first sight(or imagination) since The Lost Hero. Whenever Leo talks, I'll laugh. He's the happy-go-lucky person and I love him for that. Leo is definitely my favourite character in this series(with Percy a very close second) so it's great that he found someone to be with. I have to say that my favourite scene in the whole series is when he met Calypso >,<

message 17: by Elm (new)

Elm It was great, wasn't it? I never honestly would have expected it to be Leo/Calypso, but it works so well.

message 18: by Skydreamer (new)

Skydreamer Lee | 151 comments All da ladies love Leo. Enough said XD

message 19: by Miracle (new)

Miracle (bibliophilelife) | 14 comments my husband right here

message 20: by Lindy (new)

Lindy | 20 comments See I think the reason Leo appeals to me is because he is so ordinary but so extraordinary at the same time. Like he isn't much but that's what makes him so special. He doesn't need crazy powers or a super smooth and cool personality to be a hero... He's also super hot

message 21: by Funky Fish (new)

Funky Fish (goodreadscompetitcroissant) I love Leo for a couple of reasons, but my main one is because he is just so damn funny! While all other characters are being all serious and grim, Leo just bursts out with a line like, "Can we just call them Storm Spirits? Venti makes them sound like evil espresso drinks." He provides comic relief and keeps the mood light. Plus, he can literally just turn into a fireball at any moment. And he can construct a massive metal dragon. And he can make tofu tacos. Is there anything he can't do?

message 22: by Kim (new)

Kim | 85 comments My underrated good boi.
I came to love Leo so much. He always thinks hos not good enough for the others, but hes an amazing character

message 23: by Dalia (new)

Dalia | 285 comments Leo is so sweet and funny. And he came back for Calypso just like he said he would and it was so cute. I love Caleo!

message 24: by Sophrosyne (new)

Sophrosyne | 25 comments I liked the Leo and Narcissus scene so much !At that point he became my instant favourite .

message 25: by Elena (new)

Elena Dalia wrote: "Leo is so sweet and funny. And he came back for Calypso just like he said he would and it was so cute. I love Caleo!"

God, I loved that scene so much. It was so adorable. Also, he is a very hilarious character, so I love him just for that.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Leo is such a hilarious character, sweet and fun to be around. He's my favorite!

message 27: by Roxy :) (new)

Roxy :) | 1 comments I love him so much! I even named my dog after him haha

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

am i the only one who dont like him?!?!?! plz dont beat me up :(

message 29: by Blue (new)

Blue Muffin | 28 comments Team Leo!!!!! Super flaming hot with a hilarious sense of humour, a damn great sarcasm, unparalleled annoying skills and still purest at heart..and super mindblowingly talented...Relatable in all levels...

message 30: by Ashe - Overthinking Again (last edited Jun 24, 2020 02:15PM) (new)

Ashe - Overthinking Again Loved the stunt with the billboard in the park! Team Leo!

Ashe - Overthinking Again "Hey Enchiladas! Nice dagger in your forehead!"

message 32: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lady__ren) | 13 comments In the first few books, I wasn't a big fan of Leo, but he really grew on me and by the end, I absolutely loved his character. He is such a goofball even in the darkest times, but he is also incredibly sweet (the fact that he thought of Frank's weakness as soon as Calypso introduced him to that fabric for his new clothes??? and asked her to make a pouch??? then he gave the pouch to Frank for his lifeline??? so sweet!). He also is incredibly smart, I think a lot of people kinda downplay that about him since he's kind of a "comedic relief" character, but he is very intelligent and makes the right decisions when they need to be made. Also, he just went through a lot :( I remember when I was reading the books, I really just wanted him to have the happiest ending he could because man he's been through the wringer and uses humor to cover it up.

message 33: by Minal (new)

Minal | 306 comments He was a very funny character who was there to lighten the mood of the other demigods. He tries to keep the tension low but he is also caring. Leo Valdez was a unique character which I liked.

message 34: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 32 comments He is, in my eyes, one of the best characters!! #TeamLeo! I love him so much and you can't blame me. All the ladies love Leo, it's facts.

His jokes bring life to every dull moment and I think it's incredible considering how every demigod is always a hop, skip and a jump away from death but he's the only one who's still goofy about it. He's caring, kind and sometimes misunderstood by the group and I relate ;-;

Every time he reaches in his toolbelt, I'm like "oooh what's gonna happen" because with him, there's never a dull moment.

daughterofathenacarli | 66 comments Super sized McShizzle for the win!

message 36: by Imxlda (new)

Imxlda | 150 comments Bad Boy Supreme and Super Sized McShizzle is the best

chapters are never boring

message 37: by Manya (new)

Manya Gupta  | 30 comments Leo is my favorite character of the entire series.He's
loyal,trustworthy,compassionate and brave.I can relate to his character the most like his fatal flaw is inferiority but he doesn't realize how important he is to the seven.His humor keeps the mood light and he literally sacrificed himself for the others.He's also a great builder and his relationship with Calypso is just amazing.