YA LGBT Books discussion

Archived Threads > Anniversary Game #4 Who Said THAT??? WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sammy Goode (last edited Jun 14, 2012 03:28PM) (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments A game where we ask you to tell us which group member said the fun little sound bites posted below. All the quotes are taken from the What’s On Your Mind thread.
(And yes...there may be duplicate entries by the same person--in other words, one person could have said more than one of these quotes.)

Winners will be announced Saturday, June 16th by 10am!

***The first place winner of Games #3 and #4 will have a customized short story written for them by either John Goode or Kira Harp.

message 3: by Sammy Goode (last edited Jun 16, 2012 08:55AM) (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments AND OUR WINNERS ARE:

First Place (winner of a story written for her by John Goode) is K!!

Second Place is Lizzie!

Third Place is Louise!

Lizzie and Louise please choose a prize from the Vault and pm me !!

message 4: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16732 comments Ooh, the new one. Must try this - I haven't seen it before. If I win can I make John write me a story?? Pretty please?? I want one with lots of cats in it, and a double decker bus and a boy named Fabian.

message 5: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16732 comments Aw, I missed one. Fun!!

message 6: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Kaje wrote: "Ooh, the new one. Must try this - I haven't seen it before. If I win can I make John write me a story?? Pretty please?? I want one with lots of cats in it, and a double decker bus and a boy named..."

Alas--sadly NO!!! AHAHAHA!! You are a mod and as such may only slave away here and not win any prizes--I know--sob--meet By and I out back later for a drink and we can commiserate together!!!

message 7: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16732 comments Sammy2006 wrote: "Alas--sadly NO!!! AHAHAHA!! You are a mod and as such may only slave away here and not win any prizes--I know--sob--meet By and I out back later for a drink and we can commiserate together!!!
..."

You're on! Now I have to go back and see who I missed - you picked some great quotes BTW :)

message 8: by Louise (new)

Louise (lw95) | 795 comments 10/15 :D Somehow my memory decided to be in my favour whilst doing this quiz. Yay!

message 9: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16732 comments OMG, Sammy - I missed yours *snort* - I'm soooo embarrassed.

message 10: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16732 comments Louise wrote: "10/15 :D Somehow my memory decided to be in my favour whilst doing this quiz. Yay!"

Good job - and you've only been with us for a little while !

message 11: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Matt wrote: "HEY SAMMY! Yippie! Another fun "Sammy quiz"!!"

YAY!!!

message 12: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Kaje wrote: "OMG, Sammy - I missed yours *snort* - I'm soooo embarrassed."

*Sammy shakes her head...SIGH...how many times a week do we talk???

message 13: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16732 comments Sammy2006 wrote: "Kaje wrote: "OMG, Sammy - I missed yours *snort* - I'm soooo embarrassed."

*Sammy shakes her head...SIGH...how many times a week do we talk???"

Not enough, obviously. We must increase it :)

message 14: by Louise (new)

Louise (lw95) | 795 comments How far back on the thread were the quotes taken from? I seemed to recognise a lot of them and I've only been here for two weeks or so

message 15: by Alexandra (last edited Jun 14, 2012 04:00PM) (new)

Alexandra (avs1998) | 340 comments Hahahaahahaha, I failed... EPICALLY.6. BUT I GOT MY OWN RIGHT SO HA!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 16: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Alex wrote: "Hahahaahahaha, I failed... EPICALLY.6. BUT I GOT MY OWN RIGHT SO HA!!!!!!!!!!!!"

AH--6 is goooood!! Love you sweet boy!!

message 17: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Louise wrote: "How far back on the thread were the quotes taken from? I seemed to recognise a lot of them and I've only been here for two weeks or so"

I tried to make many of them current--within the last two months!!

message 18: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16732 comments Louise wrote: "How far back on the thread were the quotes taken from? I seemed to recognise a lot of them and I've only been here for two weeks or so"

We're a predictable lot :) I know Sammy was looking for things that were typical of each of us - she did good.

message 19: by Kaje (last edited Jun 14, 2012 04:16PM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16732 comments Alex wrote: "Hahahaahahaha, I failed... EPICALLY.6. BUT I GOT MY OWN RIGHT SO HA!!!!!!!!!!!!"

((hugs)) - thanks for playing. (Don't tell Sammy if you got hers wrong like I did - she'll give you a hard time ;)

message 20: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Kaje wrote: "Alex wrote: "Hahahaahahaha, I failed... EPICALLY.6. BUT I GOT MY OWN RIGHT SO HA!!!!!!!!!!!!"

((hugs)) - thanks for playing. (Don't tell Sammy if you got hers wrong like I did - she'll give you a..."

tsk tsk tsk-say it isn't so Alex--you got mine--right?? "sob" did anyone get mine???

message 21: by Louise (new)

Louise (lw95) | 795 comments I got yours right Sammy!!

message 22: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Louise wrote: "I got yours right Sammy!!"

YAY!!! Thank you Louise!!!!

message 23: by Susan65 (new)

Susan65 I'm afraid to try this one, LOL, I am not very good at games.

message 24: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Susan65"Cougar" wrote: "I'm afraid to try this one, LOL, I am not very good at games."

You can do it girlie!!!!

message 25: by Susan65 (new)

Susan65 I did much better...got 7 right this time. :-))

message 26: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Susan65"Cougar" wrote: "I did much better...got 7 right this time. :-))"

YAY--in second place!!! HAHA!!!

message 27: by Shaz (new)

Shaz Okay I either spend wwaaayyyy too much time on this thread, or I just know all you people to well....trying to decide which...

message 28: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16732 comments Shaz wrote: "Okay I either spend wwaaayyyy too much time on this thread, or I just know all you people to well....trying to decide which..."

You wuv us <3

message 29: by Shaz (new)

Shaz Kaje wrote: "Shaz wrote: "Okay I either spend wwaaayyyy too much time on this thread, or I just know all you people to well....trying to decide which..."

You wuv us <3"

Yes, there is that too lol!

message 30: by Rach. (new)

Rach. S | 1728 comments Woop!!! 14 out of 15!! And the one I got wrong I shoulda known :P

message 31: by Rach. (new)

Rach. S | 1728 comments Cool game jbtw!! ;D

message 32: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Hall | 560 comments 13/15 :D Not bad for 7:30am me thinks...

message 33: by Kat (last edited Jun 14, 2012 11:55PM) (new)

Kat (cutestsubever) LOL OMG I obviously spend waaaaay to much time on the thread... *grins* 15/15 ;)

message 34: by K (new)

K (k-polipetl) | 4090 comments Kat wrote: "LOL OMG I obviously spend waaaaay to much time on the thread... *grins* 15/15 ;)"

Now it's only fitting, as your partner in crime in the off topic thread that I also got 15/15 *grin*

message 35: by Kat (new)

Kat (cutestsubever) K wrote: "Kat wrote: "LOL OMG I obviously spend waaaaay to much time on the thread... *grins* 15/15 ;)"

Now it's only fitting, as your partner in crime in the off topic thread that I also got 15/15 *grin*"

Hehehe :)

message 36: by Byron (new)

Byron (byft) | 1060 comments mwah hahaha only got two wrong... *G*

funny enough one was a kaje comment.. that I should have KNOWN it was her..

message 37: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16732 comments Byron wrote: "mwah hahaha only got two wrong... *G*

funny enough one was a kaje comment.. that I should have KNOWN it was her.."

Ooh, you make me feel better for missing Sammy's - thank you!

message 38: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16732 comments Lizzie wrote: "13/15 :D Not bad for 7:30am me thinks..."

Way to go Lizzie - you tied a moderator - clearly you belong with us too <3

message 39: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Hall | 560 comments Kaje wrote: "Lizzie wrote: "13/15 :D Not bad for 7:30am me thinks..."

Way to go Lizzie - you tied a moderator - clearly you belong with us too <3"

YAY

message 40: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Congratulations to our winners!!

message 41: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16732 comments Congratulations winners!! Yay for K, Lizzie and Louise!

message 42: by Louise (new)

Louise (lw95) | 795 comments Someone pinch me! I've actually won something worth winning for possibly the first time in my life! *gasps*

I thought that I must have had the least advantage of winning this game considering I've been here 2 weeks and have a memory like a sieve. First time for everything though - YAY!

Thanks Sammy! :D

message 43: by K (new)

K (k-polipetl) | 4090 comments Oooh! how wonderfully exciting!!

Thank you to the mods for organising, and to John for donating the prize!! :)

message 44: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16732 comments K wrote: "Oooh! how wonderfully exciting!!

Thank you to the mods for organising, and to John for donating the prize!! :)"

Now you know you have to ask for all kinds of impossible things in your story from John, right? Like a shape changer and a talking gem and multiple universes... wait, that starts to sound familiar :)

message 45: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Kaje wrote: "K wrote: "Oooh! how wonderfully exciting!!

Now you know you have to ask for all kinds of impossible things in your ..."

OMG and a talking cat and really hot YA characters---wait....

message 46: by John (new)

John Goode | 156 comments K wrote: "Oooh! how wonderfully exciting!!

My pleasure. Just let me know what you want and I will endeavor to write something worthwhile :)

message 47: by K (new)

K (k-polipetl) | 4090 comments John wrote: "My pleasure. Just let me know what you want and I will endeavor to write..."

*puts thinking hat on*
I shall come back to you when an idea lands!

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Well done to Louise and the other winners!:)