Women's Fiction authors discussion

A Blessing for Writers

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan (new)

Susan Gabriel (SusanGabriel) | 4 comments A Blessing for All Artists (Writers/Poets/Painters/Sculptors/Musicians/Dancers)
and the Artist Within Each of Us.

• May the time you find to develop your talents be sacred and abundant

• May you be surrounded by people who encourage you in small and large ways

• May you develop a tough skin and a supple heart

• May you trust your creative process and express yourself with a true and unwavering voice

• May you be rewarded financially for all your efforts

• May any struggle you face make you stronger, so that you persevere and continue on the path

• May you grow in confidence, seeing clearly your value and worth

• May you be appreciated, in your lifetime, for the gift of healing you offer the world

© Susan Gabriel
http://www.susangabriel.com

message 2: by Laurel-Rain (new)

Laurel-Rain | 4 comments What lovely words of inspiration! As writers, we often find ourselves bogged down with the minutia of daily life, a surefire way to squelch our creativity...But these reminders of our blessings can help redirect us.

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate | 4 comments I love the idea of being tough AND supple. Thanks, this is great!

message 4: by Susan (last edited Jan 12, 2009 12:37PM) (new)

Susan Gabriel (SusanGabriel) | 4 comments Thanks, Laurel-rain and Kate. My motivation for writing it was seeing so many writers (myself included) struggling to get their work noticed in a consumer-driven culture where creativity is not always honored.

I think we need all the encouragement we can get!

message 5: by Stacy-Deanne (new)

Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne (wwwgoodreadscomstacydeanne) | 8 comments Thanks Susan for taking the time to post this! I appreciate anything positive! Hope you're enjoying the new year so far!

message 6: by Angela (new)

Angela | 12 comments Thank you, Susan, for the heartwarming and inspiring words.