Gold Gold question

Read-a-Likes
Emily Borsa Emily Jun 14, 2012 10:36AM
What are some books that you would suggest to someone that enjoyed Gold?

Emily, I loved Gold ! I have not yet read his other books yet, though Little Bee is waiting for me on my e-reader but I have a couple of other books I need to finish first...I had a peek at some of the other books you've enjoyed as well and did a 'compare' - we have a lot of the same tastes, so I'm going to go ahead and recommend a book to you - it doesn't necessarily have much in common with Gold, but I think you'd like it... A Walk Across the Sun by Corban Addison A walk Across The Sun by Corban Addison - it may be a hard subject to read about, but the author wrote it with a sensitive, but head on approach - it is by far my favourite book so far this year. And Gold is a close second.

Sue (last edited Jul 13, 2012 07:21AM ) Jul 13, 2012 07:16AM   0 votes
That's wild.....while I was reading Gold....Robber Bride kept on coming to mind for me as well. Must be that strong evil female protagonist and his wonderful characterization. Love his writing!

Definitely Little Bee! I actually enjoyed that more than Gold. Margaret Atwood's The Robber Bride also comes to mind, largely because of the competitive factor among strong, female characters--though it has nothing to do with sports. But it's brilliantly written, with excellent characterizations and great plot twists.

I just finished Gold last night and really enjoyed it. It was my first Chris Cleave book so now I'm excited to check out the other ones. :)

U 25x33
Samweir If you liked this one you must love his other books (I hated gold, but loved his other ones)
Mar 10, 2013 10:58AM · flag

Incendiary is my favorite Chris Cleave book. Same phenomenal writing as Litle Bee and Gold but with a tight story that never flinches.

Thanks for the info. Will get hold of incendiary...loved Gold..especially watching those Olympic cyclists-he really conveyed the drive and determination you need to win.