☀Ignite Your Creativity☀ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > July Read ~ Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Any ideas for the group's next MR?

message 2: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

Cheyenne | 665 comments Mod
Clan of the Cave Bear :] It's my favorite book.

Mary *TheBigBangTheory* *I love Louis!* | 133 comments Sweep Series #1!! The content might be inappropriate for those under ten though, but its only slight cursing and.... Yeah.

message 4: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

The content of the one I suggested might be inappropriate for younger readers... It's such an amazing book though that I don't think it shouldn't be considered because of the bad. There's so much to learn from it.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I don't think there are that many younger readers in this group that do the MRs. And if that books gets chosen, we can warn people just in case.

Mary *TheBigBangTheory* *I love Louis!* | 133 comments Ok cool! I alteady read Sweep #1, and it's really interesting. It's about Wicca, which is a religion, and this girl who is interested in it.

Mary *TheBigBangTheory* *I love Louis!* | 133 comments The only problem is that the book on GR is combined into the first three... So you could just read the first one, and if you liked it then you could read the other two.

message 8: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

Clan of the Cave Bear is a bit hard to chew at first, but if you get through it you will never, ever forget it. I think it does get a bit complicated, but if you're dedicated enough to reading that you do the MRs here, you should be fine. It isn't really a typical book that a teen would read, but as long as you've got tolerance for things that are different you'll enjoy it. I think it was published in the 80's.. :p

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Thy both sound cool ;) One of my friends's religion is Wicca.

message 10: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

My friend's sister's religion is Wicca. (Last time I checked anyway.)

message 11: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

Yup, I was right. Clan of the Cave Bear was first published in 1980. The last book came out like a year ago I think. (There are six.) You know an author put alot of hard work into a series when it takes her like 30 years to write the whole thing. :p

message 12: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (angleisthebest) | 52 comments the book 1984, it sounds really interesting and haunting it is by George Orwell

message 13: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (angleisthebest) | 52 comments How about Sarah's Key......

message 14: by Gemma (new)

Gemma Fasheun (gemmafash) How about a poetry book like Poetry by Michelangelo.

ali  ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢʰᵘᵗ (time_wont_fly) OOhh!! How about the first book of Daniel X, Its called the Dangerous days of Daniel X

message 16: by Lilac (new)

Lilac  (lilac_wales) | 127 comments Ali wrote: "OOhh!! How about the first book of Daniel X, Its called the Dangerous days of Daniel X"

Have you read James Patterson's other series Maximum Ride? If you have which series is better because I love the Maximum Ride ones but the last one comes out this August :(

message 17: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (angleisthebest) | 52 comments No books sound cool ;)

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah ?What?

message 19: by Alice (new)

Alice (cimmerian) Kelly Armstrong's Darkest Power's serie was really awesome... First book is the Summoning I think.

message 20: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (angleisthebest) | 52 comments Hope wrote: "No books sound cool ;)"

Sorry i meant to say that Jp books sounds cool, sorry

ali  ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵒᵘᵗʰ ˢʰᵘᵗ (time_wont_fly) Lilac wrote: "Ali wrote: "OOhh!! How about the first book of Daniel X, Its called the Dangerous days of Daniel X"

Have you read James Patterson's other series Maximum Ride? If you have which series is better be..."

YES!!! I can't wait!!

message 22: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) How about The Vampire Academy? Yes, I know it's a paranormal, but it's better than most, and it's complicated and done after a lot of research. Also the vampires aren't the same kind you're used to...

message 23: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

VAMPIRE ACADEMY! If Clan of the Cave Bear isn't picked, I'd back VA. I love those books.

message 24: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

Alice wrote: "Kelly Armstrong's Darkest Power's serie was really awesome... First book is the Summoning I think."

Are the other books better than the first??? I read the first one but didn't like it very much. So I basically gave up on the series. Have you ever read Bitten? It's by Kelly Armstrong as well. That's more of an adult series though, but they're amazing.

message 25: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) Dimitri forever!!!

message 26: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) Cheyenne wrote: "Alice wrote: "Kelly Armstrong's Darkest Power's serie was really awesome... First book is the Summoning I think."

Are the other books better than the first??? I read the first one but didn't like ..."

I just read that Friday, it was fine! I enjoyed it, very much, actually.

message 27: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

DIMITRI! *starts drooling* Ermm.... Anyways :)

You read Bitten, or you read The Summoning? The Summoning was okay, but I was really disappointed.

message 28: by Pirl (last edited Jun 25, 2012 12:21PM) (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) Cheyenne wrote: "DIMITRI! *starts drooling* Ermm.... Anyways :)

You read Bitten, or you read The Summoning? The Summoning was okay, but I was really disappointed."

The summoning. Why were you disappointed?

message 29: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

I just didn't think it was very good. I'm just at the point in my life where I need to set aside the young adult books. They don't satisfy me anymore.

message 30: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) Yep. I get that. And yet you like VA?

message 31: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

Yeah. It's complicated and unpredictable. Satisfying.

message 32: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) You're soo right. Have you read the continuation serie book?

message 33: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

Nope.

message 34: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) It's good. And just as surprising.

message 35: by Alice (new)

Alice (cimmerian) Pirl{there was a quote here, but it was tסס lסng} wrote: "Cheyenne wrote: "DIMITRI! *starts drooling* Ermm.... Anyways :)

You read Bitten, or you read The Summoning? The Summoning was okay, but I was really disappointed."

The summoning. Why were you dis..."

Ahh even for YA I found the darkest powers (summoning) quite enjoyable :) .. But I'm not so much a YA fan myself, so I understand.
If you want more mature books, I'd say try Fledgling (Octavia E. Butler), Dragon keeper (Robin Hobb, defenitly this one!!), and I'd think Eragon (Christopher Paolini) could pass as wel. I'm reading Ann Rice's vampire series now and I must say that it is wonderful, but very descriptively written (I don't really like extremly descriptive books, but I don't mind it as much with her.)

message 36: by Lilac (last edited Jun 25, 2012 02:32PM) (new)

Lilac  (lilac_wales) | 127 comments I read The Vampire Armand by her last year and I couldn't agree more about how descriptive it is. It actually really annoyed me but the good parts were really good.

message 37: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

I've read Eragon. The whole series. I liked them. Warrior and it's sequel Witch (by Marie Brennan) are amazing. Both adult novels. (I suspect it's due to the complex content.)

message 38: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) Hmm... I read Eragon*she offered awkwardly, feeling left out though still logged on* I'm 14, and though I'm trying to expand the types of books I read, book stores in IL are small and specific, and don't really sell many books in English, anyway.

message 39: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

Did you read the last one, Pirl?

message 40: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) Of Eragon? Yep. It's right there on my shelf, in fact. It's one of those specific books. It's huge, isn't it?

message 41: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

Yeah. Love huge books. I found the ending slightly disappointing. It was kind of unnecessary (view spoiler)

message 42: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) I guess so. You do realize that was in all of the series, right? It was in there, like, right out there, since the very beginning with Angela. Plus, it WAS the only option. The thing about forever was annoying though.

message 43: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

Yeah I remembered Angela saying it. It was unnecessary though. I know the way he wrote it made it necessary, but it was unnecessary for him to write it that way. At least it wasn't cheesy or cliche though.

message 44: by Alice (new)

Alice (cimmerian) Ahh spoilers!! I'm not reading the last comments :P I haven't read Inheretance yet!!! XD

And Pirl, I'm so sorry, I might have by accident ignored you! That will never happen again!!

You guys liked Eragon!! Nice :D Those were sort of the books with which I started reading :) Although they aren't my most favorites anymore..

As for the vampire lestat, I'm reading it now and I really love it! I have been slowly getting into more descriptive books, so I can tollerate them better than before :P I'd just throw the book across the room if it was too descriptive :P

I'll check out Marie Brennan's books as well :)

message 45: by Pirl (new)

Pirl (pirlismyname) oh kay...

message 46: by Alice (new)

Alice (cimmerian) No I mean I'm really sorry, I've been a chaotic mess the past days, so it wasn't on purpose!! I'm really sorry...

message 47: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

Hello Alice! The only spoiler that will actually give it away, I put in "view spoiler". Specifically so people don't stumble upon it and go "AGH! I haven't read that yet!!!!!"

message 48: by Alice (new)

Alice (cimmerian) Ahh thanks for telling me :P I wasn't sure if there would be any spoilers in the others.

message 49: by Cheyenne, HoH & Proud (new)

Message 42 is kind of...but not really. :)

message 50: by Alice (new)

Alice (cimmerian) Ahh, doesn't really matter :)

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.