The Olympian Hunger Games discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Pre-Arena (Five) > Garden/Rooftop

Comments Showing 1-50 of 131 (131 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Sky , The most un-modly mod there ever was (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 419 comments Mod
The very top floor of the building the tributes stay in. The view spreads across the Capital. RP

message 2: by Quemares (last edited Jun 17, 2012 08:47AM) (new)

Quemares Menares walked out into the rooftop. He walked right up to the edge of the roof and looked down at the people walking around the Capital. How can people be so...so indifferent to be able to go along their lives as if there were no kids waiting to be forced to fight agaisnt each other Menares thought as he looked down on them.

message 3: by Sky , The most un-modly mod there ever was (new)

Tamryn was sitting off to the far side of the Rooftop, not having noticed that someone else was there. She was busy making a small vine grow around the ledge of the building, then shrinking back again. She didn't want the others to see what she could do, and had thought she was alone.

message 4: by Quemares (last edited Jun 17, 2012 08:47AM) (new)

Quemares Menares looked around the rooftop and saw another tribute on the other side of the rooftop. She was doing something but Menares couldn't see from what from where he was standing. He walked closer and hid in a shadow close to the girl, becoming invisible as soon as he touched the shadow. He observed that she w as making vines to grow on the ledge. She's a daughter of Dionysus, Menares thought, Maybe I could learn something else if I keep observing her.

message 5: by Sky , The most un-modly mod there ever was (new)

Tamryn felt uneasy, like someone was watching her. When she turned around, no one was there, so she slowly turned back to what she was doing before. She made the vines grow until they spelled out a name, and then they rotted, and had withered in seconds, which would naturally take much more time. She sighed, leaning against the ledge. I over-exerted myself again. I should probably be more careful. She looked around again, still feeling like someone was watching her.

message 6: by Quemares (last edited Jun 17, 2012 12:56PM) (new)

Quemares Menares smiled. It looks like she's not very strong with her powers, Menares thought, That's nice to know, He let out a soft and short laughter. She could be an easy opponent...then again, she could be good ally depending on if she's good at anything else. Menares decided to spy on her a little bit longer.

message 7: by Sky , The most un-modly mod there ever was (last edited Jun 17, 2012 02:00PM) (new)

Tamryn looked for something else she could work with. There was a small rosebush a few feet away, and she moved towards it. She closed her eyes and concentrated. The bush started to grow bigger, and the closed buds unfolded, revealing bright red blooms. They continued to grow with every passing second.

message 8: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (last edited Jun 17, 2012 05:35PM) (new)

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 807 comments Mod
Kent wandered up to the roof, unsure of where he was going, but not really caring where it took him. As he opened the door, he saw a girl on the other side of the roof, unaware that Menares was there, yet invisible. "Enjoying the view?" He asked her, not wanting to make her think she was alone any more. He smiled slightly as he began to walk towards her, turning his face to the sky and folding his arms behind his back as he watched the stars.

message 9: by Sky , The most un-modly mod there ever was (new)

Tamryn turned, a little startled. She saw a guy not too far away, and tried to catch her breath before she answered him. "You startled me," she said, unable to get her thoughts together. She tried to scowl, but she still hadn't managed to calm down. The rosebush wilted again once her concentration wasn't on it anymore. She stepped a little in front of it, trying to cover it up.

message 10: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

After Kent had counted to ten, he looked back over at her. "Killing some plants, then?" His smile broadened. "I'm sorry to interrupt your privacy." He told her. "But I did give you fair warning that I was here." He pointed out, going to lean over the railing that she was next to. "You can't see many stars with the lights so bright." He said with a sigh.

message 11: by Quemares (last edited Jun 18, 2012 04:06PM) (new)

Quemares "But you can't see many stars when there is absolutely no light either" Menares said and he stepped out of the shadow, turning visible again. "I'm Menares, by the way"

message 12: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

Kent looked over at the new comer, who apparently, wasn't that new. "Nice little trick you've got there." He commented. "Child of Hades, I assume?"

message 13: by Sky , The most un-modly mod there ever was (new)

Tamryn looked between the two. She'd thought she was alone two seconds ago and all of a sudden, there were two guys standing right in front of her. Crazy. She looked back to the plant, but it had wilted back to its original state. She sighed. She hadn't been able to make something permanently grow yet.

message 14: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

Kent looked back at Tamryn at the sound of her sigh. "Well, if we're introducing ourselves, I'm Kent. Son of Poseidon." He said. "And the lovely lady is...?"

message 15: by Sky , The most un-modly mod there ever was (new)

Tamryn's face flushed slightly, but she stood up straighter. "Tamryn. Daughter of Dionysus."

message 16: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

"Dionysus. Sweet." Kent said, smirking. "So I'm guessing you really were killing plants instead of star gazing, huh?" He asked.

message 17: by Sky , The most un-modly mod there ever was (new)

She glared at him, hating the smug way he'd insulted her. "I do not kill plants," she said indignantly. "That just happens to be a side effect when annoying prying tributes screw with my concentration."

message 18: by Quemares (new)

Quemares Menares smiled. "There is going to be a lot more 'annoying prying tributes' in the arena" Menares said. "If you can't use your power with people watching and talking to you, how are you going to use your power when people are yelling at you and trying to kill you?" Menares asked. He looked up to the sky. He knew that even though the sun wasn't out, the lights on the rooftop should have made him to cast a shadow. Except, that, at the time, he didn't have shadow.

message 19: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

Kent raised his hands in mock surrender. "Hey, it was just a joke." He told her. "I doubted Dionysus would kill plants unless he was trying to revive himself." He said.

message 20: by Sky , The most un-modly mod there ever was (new)

Tamryn threw up her hands in frustration. "I could develop my powers more if I wasn't interrupted every few seconds," she said. "And I wouldn't know anything about by father, anyways. It's not like he was always around."

message 21: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

"Hey, neither was mine. You're not the only one who never knew your god parent, you know." Kent pointed out.

message 22: by Sky , The most un-modly mod there ever was (new)

"I know," she sighed, sitting down on the ledge. "I just hate how none of them think we're important enough to actually know or care about. Like they're better off ignoring us like we're all mistakes."

message 23: by Quemares (new)

Quemares Menares quietly left the rooftop.

message 24: by Danica (new)

Danica | 220 comments Tallulah was nicely concealed amongst the large decorative bushes as she watched the entire conversation between the three tributes. She quickly attempted to run away before the remaining two saw her. But the moment she stepped out from the shelter of the bush, she knew she wasn't going to be fast enough.

message 25: by Sky , The most un-modly mod there ever was (new)

Tamryn looked over at the girl, startled to see she'd been there the whole time. "Hey," she called out to her.

message 26: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

Kent shrugged, then watched as Tamryn called out to Tallulah. "This rooftop's getting more and more popular." He said, then realized Menares was gone. "Or maybe it's not."

message 27: by Danica (new)

Danica | 220 comments Tallulah froze in her tracks, hearing the girl call out to her. She slowly turned around, walked towards the two tributes, and pasted an uncertain smile on her face.
"Hey..." She studies the girl's face, and remembered the attempt to revive the plants. Which had failed, of course.
"It's nice to meet you, Tribute of Dionysus. And you, Tribute of Poseidon." Tallulah made no attempt to move away, for she did not want to seem a coward. Instead she clasped her hands and waited for their reply.

message 28: by Sky , The most un-modly mod there ever was (new)

Tamryn raised her eyebrows, glancing at Kent before returning her gaze to the new girl. "Since you seem to know so much about us, would you be interested in revealing your own name?" she asked, folding her arms nervously.

message 29: by Danica (new)

Danica | 220 comments "Tallulah. Tallulah Ectomity, Tribute of Poseidon." She replied unhesitantly. She raised her eyebrows at them, and smiled hesitantly.

message 30: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

"Hmm. My half sister. It's a pleasure." Kent said, nodding to her.

message 31: by Sky , The most un-modly mod there ever was (new)

Tamryn glanced from one to the other, trying to gauge whether or not they were actually happy to be related or whether they were just acting the part. "That kind of sucks though," she blurted without thinking, her eyes widening when she realized what she'd said.

message 32: by Danica (new)

Danica | 220 comments Talullah smiled back at Kent, and acknowledged him with a nod. When she heard Tamryn's comment, she burst out laughing.
"I have to agree with you there, Tamryn!"

message 33: by Danica (new)

Danica | 220 comments ((Sorry, spelled my own character's name wrong... :P))

message 34: by Sky , The most un-modly mod there ever was (new)

Tamryn blushed, realizing how her words could have been misinterpreted. "No, that's not what I meant!" she said, holding her hands up defensively to Kent. "I meant that, you know, you find out you have a half sibling and in a matter of days they could end up dead."

message 35: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

Kent chuckled. "Yeah, but I prefer to accept the nice things while they're there. Meeting a sibling of mine is a nice change from being an only child. I'd like to think that we won't have to die soon." He said, winking at Tamryn. "But thank you for the reality check."

message 36: by Sky , The most un-modly mod there ever was (new)

Danica wrote: "((Sorry, spelled my own character's name wrong... :P))"

((haha I've done that before. No worries))

message 37: by Sky , The most un-modly mod there ever was (new)

She rolled her eyes, starting to wish she'd never spoken up in the first place. "Yeah, well, someone has to be the level-headed one, right? Might as well be me."

message 38: by Danica (new)

Danica | 220 comments Tallulah smiled at her half-brother and at Tamryn.
"Don't worry," She said. "I know what you meant. Say, do any of you know what the place looks like? As in, where we're going to-" She gulped. "...fight...to the, uh, death?" She winced. She probably shouldn't have put it that way.

message 39: by Sky , The most un-modly mod there ever was (new)

Tamryn smiled sympathetically. She'd done the same thing moments before. "Not a clue. I don't think we know anything until we're there. Too little, too late," she muttered.

message 40: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

Kent nodded in agreement. "Why let us plan for what we may face? Some of us might live that way." He said grimly.

message 41: by Sky , The most un-modly mod there ever was (new)

"And wouldn't that be such a shame? They wouldn't have any entertainment, then. And we can't have that happen," she responded sarcastically.

message 42: by Danica (new)

Danica | 220 comments "Why don't we just plan ahead, and try the best we can to figure out what the arena looks like?" Tallulah rubbed her face. "I don't know why I'm telling you guys this, no offense, but a little bird told me that it's in some kind of building." She shrugged. "Not sure if that helps at all."

message 43: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

Kent sighed. "Not really. Depending on the building and how old it is, we might be faced with a light house or a run down skyscaper."

message 44: by Sky , The most un-modly mod there ever was (new)

Tamryn paused, trying to work out what it could be. "Well, we know it has to be rigged, right? I mean, they wouldn't just put us all into a building and let us fight it out. There has to be suspense!" She waved her fingers and widened her eyes.

message 45: by Danica (new)

Danica | 220 comments Tallulah giggled at Tamryn's face. Then she frowned. "What if it's a huge mansion? And by huge, I mean GINORMOUS!" She thought again. "Oh! And creepy..." She giggled again. Creepy. Mansion? Nah. The gamemakers wouldn't put them into something as stupid as that. Or would they?

message 46: by Sky , The most un-modly mod there ever was (new)

"Like a haunted house," Tamryn smiled. "With plastic skeletons and everything. Except, now that I think of it, they would probably use real ones...because that's not weird or anything," she said sarcastically.

message 47: by Danica (new)

Danica | 220 comments Tallulah shivered. "Yeah, but what if they did use real people's skeletons? Like human sacrifices? That's just so morbid." She felt her stomach quease, and clutched it. "I think I feel sick just talking about this."

message 48: by Sky , The most un-modly mod there ever was (new)

Tamryn looked over at her and nodded. "They probably won't. And why do people have to die anyways? I mean, wouldn't it be entertaining to just dump us off on and island and see what happens? I think that was in a book, once..." she trailed off, before snapping her fingers. "The Lord of the Flies! That's it."

message 49: by Danica (new)

Danica | 220 comments "I read that!" Tallulah frowned. "Well, before my mom-" She cut herself off. TMI, She told herself, Time to shut up. She really didn't need to disclose that kind of info. It was great that she was here, even if she was going to die. At least she was away from HER.

message 50: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

"Before your mom what?" Kent asked, adding himself back into the conversation. He'd simply been listening to their ideas, coming up with ways to plan for each one. The island would be great for him, since it's surrounded by water, but the mansion, he'd have to draw water from, maybe leaky ceilings or something of the sort.

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.