The Olympian Hunger Games discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Pre-Arena (Five) > Training Room

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sky , The most un-modly mod there ever was (new)

Sky  (clear_sky) | 419 comments Mod
Pretty self-explanatory. RP

message 2: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾ (dreamsnitemarecrisis) | 807 comments Mod
Jianna stood at the archery range, practising the tips Artemis had told her before she'd left. Even though she was a Huntress, she was only so-so at the bow. Keep the feathers at the corner of your mouth. She remembered. Use your right eye to aim. Hold the arrow steady. She bit her lip and let the arrow fly. It hit the second ring from the middle. "Darnit." She whispered.

message 3: by Zakari (new)

Zakari | 49 comments Not far off, Seraphine was pulling on a pair of boxing gloves. She approached the punching bag with what seemed to be an almost murderous glint in her eyes. Unbelievably fast, swift punches and kicks were quickly dealt to the poor bag.

message 4: by Danica (new)

Danica | 220 comments Tallulah watched as a girl went up to the punching bag, and viciously start attacking it. Her eyes widened at the swiftness of her attacks. Then, focusing on her knife throwing, she grabbed the biggest one on the rack, leveled it, then threw it. She followed it's twisting, deadly path towards the target board. And stood proudly when it slammed into the bulls-eye, burying itself half-way to its hilt. She heard a scoff from nearby, and saw an Indian boy, slightly older than her, raise his eyebrow at the shot. She made her way towards him, but he disappeared into the swarms of tributes. She shook her head and readied herself for another throw.

Tandie had watched as the young girl skillfully threw the knife to the target. He tried to act cool about it, but inside he was shaking at the possibility of dying at these young girls' hands. Shrugging away the thought, he made his way to some kind of coding device, and got to work at that. The first code was easy, made simply from the Picket Fence format. Teh second one was slightly harder, made with the Greek alphabet, but changed. He spent most of his time there, until he realized that he needed to learn something else. Coding isn't going to save your life. He scoffed at himself. Well, that could wait. For now he was too absorbed in the de-coding. A=5, B=6, C=7...

message 5: by Quemares (new)

Quemares Menares walked into the training room. He saw a girl over at the archery range and another one beating up a defenceless punching bag. Menares decided to practice on his sword fighting skills.

He talked a little bit with the instructor and then, they started to spar. The point was to leave your opponent weaponless or knock him out of the circle. They both had wooden swords so they wouldn't hurt each other too badly. Menares blocked most of the instructor's attacks and the instructor blocked all of Menares' attacks. They soon started to get tired and their attempts started to get clumsy. Menares was reduced to blocking while the instructor had enough energy to knock him back. Menares was on the edge of the circle when the instructor made one error that gave Menares the advantage.

The instructor measured wrong and came up short from Menares' chest. Menares made a stabbing motion toward the instructor and the instructor backed away. That was all that Menares needed. Menares charged at the instructor and jumped toward him. Menares put one foot on the instructor's sword, and another one on his chest and pushed himself away from him. When Menares landed on the other side of the circle, he looked at the instructor. The instructor was on the edge of the circle but not outside of it. Menares thrust his hand out in front of him and even though, Menares was way too far away to touch the instructor, the instructor staggered out of the circle. What the instructor didn't see was Menares' shadow charging toward him and pushing him out of the circle. Menares smiled. He had won this match against the instructor.

message 6: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

Jianna heard someone go 'oof', and it caused her to lose her concentration. Her arrow wizzed out of her hand and right past the target where it hit the weapon's rack, then ricocheted over towards the boy who was decoding. Her eyes widened as she saw where it was headed, and she hadn't realized her legs had been moving towards him before she'd yelled "Watch out!" at him.

message 7: by Danica (last edited Jun 30, 2012 12:43PM) (new)

Danica | 220 comments Tandie turned to see a dark-haired girl shout at him, and a arrow whizzing right towards him. He froze in place, and could only stare as the arrow made its way towards him. In his terrified stupor, he set the arrow on fire. The bright flame jolting him out of a daze, he ducked at the last second, and watched at it crashed into the decoding screen.

And there goes my decoding. He sighed. He focused on the fire and tried to suck it back into himself. He pulled with too much force, and the fire shot inside of him with a painful burn, and caused him into a coughing fit. With the ends of his hair burned, and his insides feeling like toast, he flopped onto the floor and breathed slowly.

Meh, he thought. That didn't work out the way I planned. With the burning sensation finally put out, he went up to a staring instructor and calmly asked for water.

message 8: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

Jianna stopped by Tandie's side. "Are you okay? I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to shoot at you, I sorta lost control of it." She winced as she saw the shaft of the arrow sticking out of the screen. "Sorry."

message 9: by Danica (new)

Danica | 220 comments Tandie cocked his eyebrow at the girl apologizing to him. "Don't apologize to me, apologize to the instructor over there, who seems to think he is burning your head off with those eyes of his." Sure enough, there was a tough-looking instructor who looked like he was about to chop someone's head off.
"Besides," Tandie added. "I had it all under control. Sort of." He sheepishly grinned.

message 10: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

Jianna followed his gaze and felt her face burn. "You know what? I think I'm done with archery for now." She noted pathetically. "Ummm... so, what are you doing over here? She asked with caution.

message 11: by Danica (new)

Danica | 220 comments Tandie grinned at the girl's comment. Then he responded to her question with, "Oh, you know. Just training to kill some innocent people. What a life on Disney Channel!" Then he froze up. Why was this girl so eager to get to know him? He needed to be cautious. There was no way that she knew his secret, but he could never be sure. There was something about this girl that made him want to divulge his secret. It made him feel uneasy. Abruptly, he said, "I have to go." and made his way to the sword-fighting center.

message 12: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

Jianna felt a lump come to her throat. "Was it something I said?" She asked herself sadly. She looked over at the trainer who was waiting for her to return, then skidded the bow across the floor to him. She didn't want to get close to his rage. Artemis would want me to practice, but I need an ally. She thought as she took a few steps towards Tandie, then a memory flashed across her mind, and to hide the tears, she turned on her heel and raced out of the training center.

message 13: by Danica (new)

Danica | 220 comments Tandie quietly watched the girl race out of the training arena. He watched her face as she desperately tried to force back tears. He shook his head. He didn't mean to upset her, but maybe it was for the best. Picking up a sword, he slowly hacked the dummy over and over again, slice after slice. When he was finished, he ground the tip of the sword into the ground in frustration, and remembered the girl's face. There was something about it that made him feel a connection to her. No, it couldn't be. She didn't seem like she was hiding something. But he couldn't ignore the feeling of guilt building up in his chest. So he set his sword back on the rack, and quickly slipped out of the center, in search of the mysterious dark-haired girl.

message 14: by Zakari (new)

Zakari | 49 comments ((Sorry everyone ... I really just kind of went on vacation, no access to computer. Again, sorry!!))

Seraphine watched the drama unfold out of the corner of her eyes, but kept her head focused on the task at hand. She wasn't very experienced in her dealings with her fellow men, so Seraphine generally kept away from others. After all, no one was here to make friends, right? Then she shook her head, her stance becoming lax and her arms dropping to her sides. No, no one was here to make friends. But Seraphine sighed, and smiled grimly. Seraphine may not have been here to make friends, but her mission was just as a lost cause as anything. The specific reason she was here in the first place had nothing to do with her own survival. It was almost as if Seraphine didn't care anymore about her own life.

message 15: by Danica (new)

Danica | 220 comments Tallulah climbed expertly up and down the jungle gym, and hung from her legs upside down taking in the tributes around her. Most of them were avoiding all contact, but she saw the Indian boy run after another girl, and a boy trying to talk to the girl attacking the punching bag. She giggled, because the girl obviously wanted nothing to do with anyone. She sighed as the blood rushed into her head, and pulled herself upright.

message 16: by Janelle (new)

Janelle  (jj_thompson) | 19 comments Jasmine walks into the training room. I look around and see Mernares. I turn back and walk to the axes section. I talk to one of the instructors they show me the simple ways how to hold an axe and throw it. I pick up one of the axes and throw a small axe.

It hits the bulleyes easily i grab another and i turn around and throw it i smile as it hits the bullseyes again. I keep practicing never missing the targets at all.

message 17: by Quemares (new)

Quemares Menares shook hands with the instructor and walked away. He looked at Jasmine walked up to her. "You're a pretty good thrower" He said as he watched her throwing axes at targets and getting bullseyes every time she threw one.

message 18: by Katerina, ARE YOU WATCHING THE OLYMPICS?!! (new)

Katerina (klymene) | 1096 comments Mod
Heloise smiled impishly at the body upon which the target was pasted and threw a dagger half-heartedly at it. The need to practice wasn't there. The need to win was. How to balance it? She could hardly win without practice, yet, she was sick of the darts and poisons she so often favored. Perhaps a new method of death was in the making.

message 19: by Janelle (new)

Janelle  (jj_thompson) | 19 comments 1Tassadar wrote: "Menares shook hands with the instructor and walked away. He looked at Jasmine walked up to her. "You're a pretty good thrower" He said as he watched her throwing axes at targets and getting bullsey..."

She turns her attention to Menares and blushes. "Thanks." She smiled.

message 20: by Quemares (last edited Sep 07, 2012 09:18AM) (new)

Quemares Menares smiled back. "Who is your parent?" Menares asked Jasmine. "Your god parent, I mean" She's good at throwing, Menares thought, Her parent could be Apollo or she could be a huntress of Artemis...doesn't really matter, she could still be a good ally.

message 21: by Janelle (new)

Janelle  (jj_thompson) | 19 comments "My godly parent is Hades. Who's yours?" she asked.

message 22: by Quemares (new)

Quemares "If your father is Hades," Menares said. "Then I'm your half-brother. My father is Hades, too."

message 23: by Janelle (new)

Janelle  (jj_thompson) | 19 comments She smiles a little. "Yea my father is Hades."

message 24: by Quemares (new)

Quemares "Have you ever seen him?" Menares asked.

message 25: by Janelle (new)

Janelle  (jj_thompson) | 19 comments She frowns a little. "No never. Have you?" she wondered

message 26: by Quemares (new)

Quemares "Yes, once" Menares replied. "Don't worry, you're not missing anything, he's not the best person to hang out with" Menares smiled at Jasmine.

message 27: by Janelle (last edited Sep 09, 2012 11:06AM) (new)

Janelle  (jj_thompson) | 19 comments She smiled. "You didn't just come to talk to me about my parent did you?" she asked

message 28: by Quemares (new)

Quemares "Nop" Menares replied. "I was wondering if you would like to be allies with me?"

message 29: by Janelle (new)

Janelle  (jj_thompson) | 19 comments She thinks for a minutes and says. "Yes i'd like to be allies with you." She said smiling.

message 30: by Quemares (new)

Quemares "Good" Menares said. He thinks for a minute and then says: "I haven't asked your name yet, have I?"

message 31: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

Kent strides into the training area, glancing around. He saw two people talking and walked over to them, leaning on a nearby weapon rack and smirking, but staying silent.

message 32: by Janelle (new)

Janelle  (jj_thompson) | 19 comments "No you haven't." She said.

message 33: by Quemares (new)

Quemares "Well," Menares said. "What's your name?"

message 34: by Janelle (new)

Janelle  (jj_thompson) | 19 comments "Jasmine. Whats yours?" she asked. (Sorry was at school)

message 35: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

Kent smirked as he memorized the girl's name.

message 36: by Quemares (new)

Quemares "Menares" He said. Then Menares took noticed of Kent. "Hey" Menares said to him. "Can I help you with something?"

message 37: by Janelle (new)

Janelle  (jj_thompson) | 19 comments Jasmine turns to Kent.

message 38: by Daniela (new)

Daniela Agin | 2 comments Cal shyly enters the room and hurries over to the closest station.

message 39: by Daniela (new)

Daniela Agin | 2 comments Cal shyly enters the room and hurries over to the closest station trying to keep out of sight.

message 40: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

Kent held his hands up, showing that he supposedly meant no harm. "Nope. Just relaxing." He said to the two. Menares.

message 41: by Janelle (new)

Janelle  (jj_thompson) | 19 comments She looks at Kent for a few minutes and looks at the ground.

message 42: by Quemares (new)

Quemares "So" Menares said. "Considering you know both our names, may I ask your name?"

message 43: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

"Kent." The boy said, chillingly. "thanks for asking."

message 44: by Janelle (new)

Janelle  (jj_thompson) | 19 comments Jasmine decides to keep an eye on Kent.

message 45: by Quemares (new)

Quemares "Who is your parent?" Menares asked.

message 46: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

"Poseidon." Kent told them, crossing his arms. "Am I earning your trust, yet? Enough to tell me your parents?"

message 47: by Janelle (new)

Janelle  (jj_thompson) | 19 comments Jasmine looks at him when he mentions his fathers name.

message 48: by Quemares (new)

Quemares "Hades" Menares replied. "What are you good at, Kent?"

message 49: by Janelle (new)

Janelle  (jj_thompson) | 19 comments "Hades." She said to him after Menares said.

message 50: by ☁ ℳisty ℳoonlit ℳemories ☾, Our Newest Moderator (and most active) (new)

Kent chuckled. "Depends on what your standards of 'good' are."

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.