Horror Illusion discussion

Reymart's Writing > "n e x t"

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Reymart (new)

Reymart Dinglasa (ReymartwritesAbook) | 58 comments Simply titled "next", this is not entirely a story. It is an essay with few sprinkles of narrative.

We are wired to be reckless. I mean, not an ADHD thing or something. Child as we were, we were reckless even though it wasn't obvious. So Mom and Dad would think "They're just kids. Little kids. So give them freedom." And that freedom may lead us to a neighborhood. And this is why this is titled "next", as in next door. Choose what you want, it's up to you.

My name is Reymart. And my friends call me Marty or Rey. Sometimes they do choose to call me Lec. So you would guess why I'm representing myself here, probably I like to. Probably, this is about me 9 years ago. The second one is my choice. Okay.

My friends always keep on telling me that that experience I had when I was 11 triggered something in me to write stuffs about Horror and Crime. (Cliche you would think. Like Stephen King. But I would like to remind you guys that what you are doing today, lately, is something happened to you before. You might not able to remember some but there is something in our heart that still remember what are those things we did, or saw, or felt a long time ago. Believe me. I'm locked to it.)Until now, I still think about it. I see that some of you might think that what I'm about to tell you is FanFic. Well, who am I to defend it. It's you who would decide it. But to tell you, I'm locked in it and it will stay there. Hidden. Untouched by you.

Come. Let's talk about it. Nice. And. Slow. Take my hand, and stay beside me, cause I might not be able to take it through...

Summer of 2000, my break from school and stuffs I'm quite tired with. I was small back then, a little more than 5 feet. Mom told me that we would go home to our hometown, exactly where I was born. It was a farm. You see, with coffee fields and sugar fields and orange fields. And of course, what I could not forget was this field of mahogany. Our place there was quite abundant with those. Dad was left in the city to work. He was a Chef and still is. Mom was plainly housewife, the reason she's the closest person to me.
I was excited to go back and the next day, after school ends, we went. I remember dusty road up there, car skidding along too fine rocks and those shakes I loved the most. I danced with it. And remember the noise farms had, and soon missed the sound the city has. That was weird of me, and some of us, excited to go to that place and when we were there we suddenly would miss the place we left. Pretty normal.
We arrived two hours after, me coughing out of dust and air, mom hugging my grandma and grandpa and laughing about me being excited to see the farm again. Not ours, yet we had us some. Neighborhood were nice and friendly. Yes, as I remember. Okay. To the part...
My cousins arrived pretty early the next day. My mom and my aunt were sisters. Us cousins hugged and played after our early breakfast of native chicken. It happened for like 4 days.
The 5th, I was certain about the days now, we planned of going out and visit some parts of the farm. And yes, our parents said we must have our freedom. And that was when everything happened. That changed me.
My cousins knew how to climb up trees. Pity I can't. So I left them climb at this certain tree with nice branches and green Indian Mango for fruit. I went farther, to this field. Mahogany. Beyond this huge field of mahogany was a river that snaked from the other field of mahogany passing to the field I was in. Birds chirped normally. I liked it. I run to the bank and danced my feet on the water, fortunately a shallow one. Faintly, I could hear my cousins laughing. (And we have cousins in the farm, the ones with families staying there and studying at the schools in town)So I let them. What I did was I ate my mango - with skin, seriously - and played my feet. No fishes in that part of the river. Just snails and stuffs. It was nice. Until I saw this man standing just across the river. Half hidden in bushes I remember were just dried branches from dead mahoganies (cut mahoganies, I think). He was kinda doing something in there and lucky me, I was about to sing songs really. I just sit there. Looking. His back to me. Wondering what was it he was doing. I stood, trying to see what activity was it. So I went just a couple of feet near to him. Still a bit far. Even shallow water was still dangerous to me. I was small. I sat on a slab of stone near a broken tree, branches covering me but not too much. So if he looked back he could see me straight. Then there was a moaning. I thought at first it was from an animal or something. Then he pulled something upward and long hair made my eyes wide. A lady. She was crying and crying. The man, probably, was her husband. On his other hand was a spade. I wondered. Really. She was still talking, crying as she talk. I didn't speak. I just looked at them. The lady wasn't bloody or anything like Texas Chainsaw and stuff. She was just helpless. The man was screaming at her. Words not clear enough for me to hear. A few feet from them was a tall mound of soil. Like small mountain. The spade behind him. The girl was screaming now, trying to get out from the pain she was feeling from the hand of that man. I couldn't hear my cousins that time. That made me afraid for the first time. The feeling that I was alone in there, watching. Just watching.
I soon realized that what was behind the mound of soil before them was a hole. Yes, hell hole for the lady. They may be arguing on something that led him to just killing her. I doubt about it, but a month later I didn't. News spread, even there, like mist.
The man, a month later, I knew him. Ever since, I knew him. We knew him. But that time I didn't.
He dropped her. Really. So instant I didn't saw him dragging her. He was sane. I'm sure. He just wanted to do it. I never heard a thud or anything. She just fell in. She was crying. Painfully for a woman without a wound. The man screamed something as the woman tried to get out. Really. I was so scared to even close my eyes that time. What came next was a spade hitting her somewhere in the neck...and that was when I crept away. I think he never heard my soft noise that time. I still think about it. Lucky me I wasn't haunted. I mean, of both of them. I walked. Just walked. no hugging myself nor anything. Just walk. Scared. I never told them really. Until now. Somehow, it left away from me. Sometimes it's just nothing. Just plain dream like memory.
I saw them afterwards, now playing tag-of-war around the tree. They're playing. And that was when I cried. Just cried. They noticed me. Asking me where I went. Actually, they laughed at me about crying. Teasing me I couldn't climb a tree. I was afraid alright. I'm a bit sissy way back then so I let them see me crying. No words came out from me but "yes. I can't climb."
But I wondered about the half eaten mango I left. I don't want to remember it.
A month later, my aunt and everyone else started talking about the man. His wife dead. He was just the neighborhood. Away from ours actually but on the other side of the place. The houses in the farm was like house. House. Field. House. House. House. Field.
The man was dead too. He was old when we were young. He died after the seizure in his kidney. He died in the hospital. He stayed in the town's cell for almost 2 years and 3 months until the seizure came. What my mom told me was the woman was a witch. I didn't exactly believe her. But I just let everything pass. The reason? I still do not know. I felt sorry for them but better now.

Maybe I was too overreacting in some places in my head. But I'm sure it may be the reason why I became attached in crime-horror thing. There might be something, but that was the earliest. That may be not. Maybe yes.

Thank you for staying with me. The next time. It was something else. No self experience. Just something else.

June 14, 2012

Apps *ąþþℓεş щïŧɧ şþℓεεŋ ïş şҩųïşɧγ* (appsl) | 69 comments OMG!!! This is sooooo cool!!! I absolutely love it!!!

message 3: by Reymart (new)

Reymart Dinglasa (ReymartwritesAbook) | 58 comments Apps wrote: "OMG!!! This is sooooo cool!!! I absolutely love it!!!"

Thanks Apps. But I don't like what had happened back then. Distorting images about it. Never a nightmare. Just ashy memory.

Apps *ąþþℓεş щïŧɧ şþℓεεŋ ïş şҩųïşɧγ* (appsl) | 69 comments er...you mean you didn't just make that up..??

message 5: by Reymart (new)

Reymart Dinglasa (ReymartwritesAbook) | 58 comments actually, yes. I did not. And yes, it still scares me sometimes but not too much now. I can handle few things. :)

message 7: by Reymart (new)

Reymart Dinglasa (ReymartwritesAbook) | 58 comments it's okay. :) and thank you App. :) you have skype?

message 8: by Reymart (new)

Reymart Dinglasa (ReymartwritesAbook) | 58 comments and yes. I'll be writing longer stories here. :)

Apps *ąþþℓεş щïŧɧ şþℓεεŋ ïş şҩųïşɧγ* (appsl) | 69 comments Yes, I do have skype...

*waves her hand over a fortune ball* I can see you future as a horror story writer. Mwhahahaha...

message 10: by Reymart (new)

Reymart Dinglasa (ReymartwritesAbook) | 58 comments oh. thank you. appreciated much. actually. i'm in some tea house here in our place and writing my book already. haha. I think it's good if we can talk over skype. haha. tonight i'll be writing a really short fiction horror flick. :)

Apps *ąþþℓεş щïŧɧ şþℓεεŋ ïş şҩųïşɧγ* (appsl) | 69 comments I absolutely love horror! Good luck with your book/story!

Yeah, it would have been good...if my mic was working :(
You won't believe it if I said my cousin did something to it with a magnet! grrrr!

Do you like blood and gore type of horror of the subtle goosebumps kinda horror?

message 12: by Reymart (new)

Reymart Dinglasa (ReymartwritesAbook) | 58 comments mmmm. let me think. I love goosebumpy stories, but not on gore really. I think blood do some damage when you read. heck! unfortunately. :( haha. Do you have twitter or something.?

Apps *ąþþℓεş щïŧɧ şþℓεεŋ ïş şҩųïşɧγ* (appsl) | 69 comments Yeah, the subtle horror works best with books. Though Gore works wonders with movies and stuff :P

Not really, I'm not even on facebook...thought it was boring. I'm just on Google+

message 14: by Reymart (new)

Reymart Dinglasa (ReymartwritesAbook) | 58 comments oh. I see but it's okay here. :) and thanks for the every comments. Later. I'll be writing another later. a fiction one. :)

message 15: by Reymart (new)

Reymart Dinglasa (ReymartwritesAbook) | 58 comments thank for the every comments you gave. that's what I mean.

message 16: by Bookgeek_zah, Head (less) Mod (new)

Bookgeek_zah | 181 comments Mod
Wow! Reymart it seems we have a member who'll soon be a best-selling horror book writer, that narrative is absolutely amazing!

message 17: by Reymart (new)

Reymart Dinglasa (ReymartwritesAbook) | 58 comments Zahraa wrote: "Wow! Reymart it seems we have a member who'll soon be a best-selling horror book writer, that narrative is absolutely amazing!"

thanks a lot. Wow! I mean, I'm happy, really, to be here and have you guys. Thnx. I won't fail your expectations. Hopefully! hopefully! Besides, I'm a graduating student. so It'll be sooner.

message 18: by Bookgeek_zah, Head (less) Mod (new)

Bookgeek_zah | 181 comments Mod
That'd be cool.

message 19: by Apps *ąþþℓεş щïŧɧ şþℓεεŋ ïş şҩųïşɧγ* (last edited Jun 15, 2012 05:20AM) (new)

Apps *ąþþℓεş щïŧɧ şþℓεεŋ ïş şҩųïşɧγ* (appsl) | 69 comments I'll be your critic!! And give like, pages long review!!

message 20: by Reymart (new)

Reymart Dinglasa (ReymartwritesAbook) | 58 comments Apps wrote: "I'll be your critic!! And give like, pages long review!!"

haha. sure. I think this group would be my literary group from now on. I wish people here are online much.

message 21: by cy (new)

cy Zahraa wrote: "Wow! Reymart it seems we have a member who'll soon be a best-selling horror book writer, that narrative is absolutely amazing!"

agreed!! that was really cool! :) thanks for sharing!

message 22: by Reymart (new)

Reymart Dinglasa (ReymartwritesAbook) | 58 comments thanks guys. btw. please like my page? :) I am not available often but I have an Admin who always update things. :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Reymar...