Mrs. Garza Summer 2012 discussion

Beastly > Beast

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maricela (new)

Maricela | 18 comments Mod
From Alex Flinn's website

Discussion Question 3:

Why does Kendra choose to turn Kyle into a beast?
Is it revenge or something else? Does she accomplish
her goal?

message 2: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn (evelynperrett) | 10 comments well she turend him into a beast so that he would feel what ugly feels like and so that he would pay for what he did to make unpopular people feel bad and i think that she did accomplish what she wanted.

message 3: by Ailani (new)

Ailani (nani12) | 3 comments kendra choose kyle because he is self center.

message 4: by Jazmine (new)

Jazmine (fidolifa) | 10 comments I think kendra changed him because he was ugly in the inside and beautiful on the outside.It is a curse lesson thing for him to learn his lesson.I think she didn't accomplished her goal because he finds his true love.

message 5: by GRACIELA (new)

GRACIELA | 9 comments she did turn him in to beast because he only cares about himself .so he can understand how he is from the inside how ugly he is with people

message 6: by Claire (new)

Claire (ClaireRDZ) | 11 comments It is to teach Kyle a lesson and Kyle's transformation helps him realize what it is like to not have beauty from the outside and he can't live without it.His looks are the only thing he has so she does accomplish her goal.

message 7: by Jodi (last edited Jun 14, 2012 08:03AM) (new)

Jodi (jodi-beth) | 6 comments I think this is supposed to give him chance to reflect on what type of person he is and to give him the opportunity to change his way of thinking and behaviors. Since we have not finished reading yet, it is hard to say if she has accomplished her goal but it looks as if Kyle/Adrian is heading in the right direction.

What are some examples of how he has changed already or some things that he has learned so far?

message 8: by Fabiola (new)

Fabiola | 10 comments Kendra turns Kyle into a beast because he is self centerned and he used people just by the way they looked

message 9: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 9 comments I think she accomplished what she wanted for Kyle and that was that she's making him feel ugly by how he treated her and some of the other people.I think it might be revenge because of the way how he treated Kendra in the first place and now she's getting back at him.