Rapture (Fallen, #4) Rapture discussion

SPOILERS!!!! Sympathy for a certain character!

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mersedes Did anyone kinda of feel really bad for Lucifer? I don't know if I really was supposed to but it kinda broke my heart a little that he was sad by Luce abandoning him. I mean sure he's the bad guy and he just wanted a reason to leave heaven and all that but still. He did love her.

Madelene I kind of feel that too. I mean I know he's really really mean and all of that but deep inside he was just really looking for someone to love him. But still what he did to Luce is kind of overrated that curse was beyond horrible.

Hannah I felt more sorry for Cam, his ending was kept wide open and we never found out about the love he lost

Crystal Simpson I agree I wanted to know more about cam and his story.

Hannah Crystal wrote: "I agree I wanted to know more about cam and his story."
He had such a big part in the first two books and then nothing

Ilana i think that if he didn't have an ulterior motive then sure. i think that his intentions to himself were all legitimate and what not but i think that power really made him too hungry and it was his own fault that luce decided that she wanted something different.

i was kind of pleased/surprised to find that the Throne was a woman though - and that lucifer wanted to overthrow her...

Lorelei Lucifer cracked me up. I found his depiction hilarious.

message 8: by Margarita (new)

Margarita Soooo Cam and Daniel were brothers?Maybe Cam's love was for Lucifer.

message 9: by Kathy (last edited Jun 19, 2012 10:46PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kathy yeah lucifer kind of broke my heart...it was just so sad...he loves lucinda:( even if he is evilish. cam should've been in the book more...i felt bad for him and his past. and molly and gabbe, really sad...

Sydney I didn't. I thought that he sorta pushed her away on his own. Yeah, but not really. In the middle.

Ailleya Mersedes wrote: "Did anyone kinda of feel really bad for Lucifer? I don't know if I really was supposed to but it kinda broke my heart a little that he was sad by Luce abandoning him. I mean sure he's the bad guy a..."

I felt bad for him too. He just wanted her to be with him while he made his own throne.

message 12: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 22, 2012 11:12PM) (new)

I definitely feel guilty of hating Lucifer, well i didn't hate him much because I still find Bill cute. he loved Lucinda. Scratch that, he still loves Lucinda even though she had broke his heart rapidly over SEVEN THOUSAND YEARS! if i was him, i will find another love, screw her. Oh my gosh, Molly and Gabbe, they didn't have to do that.

Sarah Ann I felt bad for Lucifer. Like, he's immortal and he lost his only love. And I felt like crying for him when they were in the laundry room. It was so sad.

To have the person you love so close, yet so far away.

message 14: by Sophie (new)

Sophie I felt kinda bad for Lucifer but still he was the one that cursed Luce so yeah and i cant believe Gabbe and Molly did that!!!!! I mean if they hadent of Luce and Daniel would be dead but still I dont really care that Molly's gone but I cant belive Gabbe is!

Apples I felt sorry for him. I know he's supposed to be the DEVIL and all but he didn't really come across as any more than moo -hoo -haw -haw -i- twirl-my-mustache-and-pet-my-cat kind of evil. Halfway through Passion I said to myself "Bill is now my fave character in this series." I mean he was a helpful little grymlyn with a bit of sass, how could I not? But then he ended up being the DEVIL. I swear every time I pick a fave character there's a plot twist and they either die or turn into the villain.
I'm confused about the end. Why was he playing heads and tails with Luce? Is he somehow mortal now? Wait why the heck is the DEVIL doing laundry in a college dorm?

Kathy haha lol...yeah and what happened to cam???

message 17: by Anne (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anne I felt really sad for him. He really did care for her but his greed got in the way. What was up with the coin toss thing in the laundry room though? Whenever he said "you win" I think it meant something. Or is it just me?

Madelene i feel like the coin toss thing is important or maybe that is just wishful thinking

message 19: by Filippa (last edited Jun 26, 2012 07:15AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Filippa I sort of got the impression that the heads or tails thing was Lucifer's way of either bringing Luce and Daniel together, or making sure they never met each other.
After all, it was said that in this mortal life, it wasnt definite that they would cross paths.
Luce won the game, which meant he let her find Daniel

message 20: by Anne (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anne ^ My thoughts exactly!

Kathy yeah that might be it! can't believe i never thought of that!

message 22: by Sista123 (last edited Jun 29, 2012 08:28AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sista123 Are you guys sure? Didn't the Throne say she and Lucifer had no more control over Luce and daniels's destiny?

Ariella Mendez Madelene wrote: "I kind of feel that too. I mean I know he's really really mean and all of that but deep inside he was just really looking for someone to love him. But still what he did to Luce is kind of overrated..."

We did find out about his lost love? It was Lilith? I can't remember what book it was in but it talked about how he was in love with her and they wanted to marry but Lilith wanted their wedding in a church and because Cam is a demon he couldn't marry her in a church, without making the whold thing burst into flams. Lilith didn't know about him being a demon so when Cam said he didn't want to marry in a church she took it as rejection and went crazy and left him saying he would pay or somthing.

Ariella Mendez And I'm confused. Luce talked about a locket around her neck, said it was her great-grandmothers. That her great-greandmother had got it around the time that she meet her great-grandfather and that Luce looked a lot like her great-grandmother. So maybe Luce was her great-grandmother? At one point in her lives maybe she was her grandmother and then was reborn later as the grandaughter??

Janae Lily wrote: "And I'm confused. Luce talked about a locket around her neck, said it was her great-grandmothers. That her great-greandmother had got it around the time that she meet her great-grandfather and that..."

I had thought that too, that it was herself as before she was turned human.
Yea and it was pretty sad for Lucifer, I felt bad. Buut it was also sad to see Gabbe and Molly not be there in the end. But I also will miss Cam, I loved him amd we will mever know what happened to him. One of the best characters in this series. He was my favorite next to Luce, and Daniel.

message 26: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Silverhuntress wrote: "haha lol...yeah and what happened to cam???"

My thought of the coin toss is he intervened. The way I look at it is he still loved Luce but decided to let her be happy "I.e you win" he made sure they met at the same college to let them live out their love story. That is my interpretation.

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood i did feel bad for him a little bit. but at a point i hated him to. bc of what he did and although he loved her, he was also kinda the resion she lost her wings in the frist place.

message 28: by l (new) - rated it 3 stars

l Nah, I never had any sympathy for Lucifer. It was Cam I wanted to give a hug to.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

cams awesome

Adgraves Hannah wrote: "I felt more sorry for Cam, his ending was kept wide open and we never found out about the love he lost"

That really bothered me too. Kate made it seem like Cam was somehow a part of Luce and Daniel's curse, but he was not hardly mentioned after the intense scene in the cave where he asked Luce to trust him.

Adgraves Lisa wrote: "Silverhuntress wrote: "haha lol...yeah and what happened to cam???"

My thought of the coin toss is he intervened. The way I look at it is he still loved Luce but decided to let her be happy "I.e y..."

I thought the boy tossing the coin had blue eyes not green.

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood aww man!! your right Adgraves!! i just reamberd that when you said it! :O what if it was Lucifer?!?! he had Blue eye's right?! or am i thinking of someone else here?

Christian Lily wrote: "Madelene wrote: "I kind of feel that too. I mean I know he's really really mean and all of that but deep inside he was just really looking for someone to love him. But still what he did to Luce is ..."

I'm pretty sure we learn about Lillith in Passion, during one of Luce's trips into the past. Or maybe it was Daniel who witnessed it. I can't remember which one it was.

Christian Heck no. I don't feel any sympathy for Lucifer. He doesn't love Lucinda. He wants to own and control her. He loves here the way an abusive husband or boyfriend does. It's never about Luce, it is always about what he wants and needs.

message 35: by M.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M.J. Douglas Hannah wrote: "I felt more sorry for Cam, his ending was kept wide open and we never found out about the love he lost"

I agree i was more heart broken over cam than anyone. i realy wanted a happy ending for all.

message 36: by M.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M.J. Douglas I think there should be a short story about how everyone has moved on and what there now doing.
including Cam, Arriane, Roland, Annabell, and Daniel and Luce.

message 38: by Damie (new)

Damie I believe the heads or tail scene with Luce and Lucifer meant a choice between; (heads: Daniel: halo tail: Lucifer: devils tail). A bit cheesy but makes perfect sense to me. It's a choice of fait and if she consistently chose heads correctly then she's 100% meant to be with Daniel. It's Lucifers way of reinsuring himself she's meant for Daniel. If for some reason the coin would have landed tails and she had picked tail I'm sure he would have tried to win her heart again. The reason for him being in a college laundry mat/room is because he still loves her and was giving a lost shot at being with her. It's hard to stay away from the person you love, and if you re immortal I'm sure you'd rather be as close as possible to your love though you can't physically be theirs nor emotionally. At least he gets to have her in his life in some way. Who knows maybe they'll even become college buddies????? She did mention she couldn't get him out of we mind....

message 39: by Damie (new)

Damie Sorry I meant "her mind".

message 40: by Damie (new)

Damie Lily wrote: "Madelene wrote: "I kind of feel that too. I mean I know he's really really mean and all of that but deep inside he was just really looking for someone to love him. But still what he did to Luce is ..."

Correction: None of the fallen can step into any sort of sanctuary. Not just Demons. =o)

message 41: by Damie (new)

Damie Lily wrote: "Madelene wrote: "I kind of feel that too. I mean I know he's really really mean and all of that but deep inside he was just really looking for someone to love him. But still what he did to Luce is ..."

Pooh and he wasn't even a Demond yet. When she left him and cursed his name he made his final choir. Flew off into the air and his wings converted to the demonic colors. Daniel that moment had as well told Cam he wouldn't be missed (out of rage) that as well triggered cans decision.

Sidrah yeah! I felt conflicted actually, he loved her but he used that too justify his actions which was wrong... i also felt sorry for cam. :(

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood that whole thing about 'hey you understand me... so i love you' is a little bite insane, but maybe somthng happened beofore they even knew that they'd understand eachother. and then the adtrashion just grew over time. maybe?

Katie Mcadams Tabitha wrote: "Sarah wrote: "I felt bad for Lucifer. Like, he's immortal and he lost his only love. And I felt like crying for him when they were in the laundry room. It was so sad.

To have the person you love s..."
ya i thought it was lucifer because of the description and then i knew when she was talking about the coin and how it had some kind of ancient text on it

Kaycee9965 Cee i kinda feel sorry for all of them

Lucifer- his love for Luce is gone and he now has absolutley noone, letting the past haunt his solid heart
Gabbe&Molly-they died! who wouldnt feel sorry for that?!?!??!?!?!*cries*
Daniel&Luce-they totally forgot eachother, anad theyre MORTALS!!! i actually cried inne the last chapter saying,'omg...are you serious:(?'
Cam-noone EXACTLY knows what happens to him, but i feel deeply sorry for him...
Annabelle,Arraine,Roland-they lost theyre best friends and all they can do is watch theyre(last?) life play out

its so....sad:(

Courtney Kaycee9965 wrote: "i kinda feel sorry for all of them

Lucifer- his love for Luce is gone and he now has absolutley noone, letting the past haunt his solid heart
Gabbe&Molly-they died! who wouldnt feel sorry for that..."

I felt worse for Daniel and Luce who did forget one another and became mortal, becasue i was like why did they go through all of that to end up like this... i didnt feel bad for Luicifer.... And CAM! OMG, what happen to him? he lost his true love and his brother and he can't go back to Heaven....
and it sucks that everyone else does have to watch luce and Daniel last life play out... that has to be tough because what if something happens to one of them and they cant intervene?

Shweta I know I shouldn't feel bad for Lucifer, but, if we look at him as just another person, It seems to me that he really wanted to be loved and felt insecure because Lucinda abandoned his side during the divide. Even though, he cursed her he really Loved her...
Although I feel bad for him, I kinda think that the curse was a bit too much and he shouldn't have done that maybe if he would have spent more time with her, this could have been changed...
But, I agree I really want to know more about Cam...

message 48: by Natania (new)

Natania Nguyen Hannah wrote: "Crystal wrote: "I agree I wanted to know more about cam and his story."
He had such a big part in the first two books and then nothing"

OMG Yeah. Cam just slowly stopped being important.

message 49: by Natania (new)

Natania Nguyen Kaycee9965 wrote: "i kinda feel sorry for all of them

Gabbe&Molly-they died! who wouldnt feel sorry for that..."

OMG. IKR. It ended so sadly... : (