Shoujo Manga Book Club discussion

Anime > Favorite Anime

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What are your top 5 favorite anime shows? This list might be different than your manga list because some manga isn't made into anime.

My favorites are:

Ayashi no Ceres
Cardcaptor Sakura
Princess Lover
Sailor Moon
Pokemon (only the earlier seasons)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

My favourite are

D. Gray Man
Naruto
Bleach
Fullmetal Alchemsit
Xxx Holic

message 3: by Marajean (new)

Marajean | 56 comments Hands down number 1 most favorite ever is The Twelve Kingdoms. This is actually originally a group of novels and it really shows.

The rest in no particular order.

Sailor Moon.

Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu.

Black Blood Brothers

Princess Tutu..

*cough cough*

Witch Hunter Robin

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge

Narutaru

Prince of Tennis.

Actually quite a few.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I've been wanting to watch Prince of Tennis. I've heard it's pretty good.

message 5: by Marajean (new)

Marajean | 56 comments I love it, I've actually watched it twice now, which is pretty good since it's very long. I think the best thing about it is that the filler episodes are so awesome. And Inui.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll have to check it out.

message 7: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments My fav are:
Code Geass
Guekin Academy
Flame of Recca
Fullmetal Alchemist
Yu Yu Hakusho
Pokemon
Naruto
& Bleach

message 8: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Wednesday wrote: "I've been wanting to watch Prince of Tennis. I've heard it's pretty good."

You shoul!! Prince of Tennis is awesome!

message 9: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (faize) | 194 comments My favorite is Ouran Highschool Host Club. It is pretty dang near perfect.

message 10: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Hey Hannah, I loooooooove OHSHC!!

message 11: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (faize) | 194 comments I know, right!? I watched every single episode in the span of 3 days, it was so addicting:)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I watched the first episode, but I didn't like it as much as the manga.

message 13: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (faize) | 194 comments Then I will make it my mission to read the manga and do comparisons!

message 14: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (juvia_winter) | 195 comments Sailor moon is my number one. The rest in no real order.

Fullmetal Alchemist
Naruto
Samurai 7
Witch hunter robin

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Jamie wrote: "Sailor moon is my number one. The rest in no real order.

Fullmetal Alchemist
Naruto
Samurai 7
Witch hunter robin"

Who's your favorite Sailor? Personally, I like Neptune and Jupiter.

message 16: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (juvia_winter) | 195 comments I have always liked Sailor moon the best. I know she is not the best sailor, but I think it is just because I identify with her a little bit. After her I have always liked Neptune and Mars.

message 17: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments I would love to watch or read Sailor Moon but it is pretty lengthy so I amgonna doit after my school stuff is done with

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

@Jamie: I think Moon develops the most out of all the characters. Of course, she is also the main character.

@Harshini: Yeah, it's a pretty long series, even longer if you watch it in Japanese (the American version is missing the whole last season). It's taking me pretty long to finish it.

message 19: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Oh Gods! Well, its something I will do eventually! It's on my list to watch/read in the future along with One Piece! I have seen the first season of One Piece, and it was awesome! But I didn't get time for the next seasons!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I also feel the same way about InuYasha. It's a good series, but it takes a lot of time because it's so long.

message 21: by Marajean (new)

Marajean | 56 comments Since so many people here are fans of Sailor Moon, has anyone watched the Live Action series?

I admit that I watched it when it came out and I loved it, it took a while to find it's own, but it came through in the end. The fight scenes at the beginning were like the musicals, and for a real show, not a play, that wasn't acceptable.

I also loved the songs in the musicals, some of my favorite.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I haven't actually watched the live action series. Truth be told, I barely have the time for it. I will keep in mind that I should check it out, though.

message 23: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (juvia_winter) | 195 comments It is a little longer than typical manga, but it was very enjoyable and worth taking the time to read.

I have wanted to watch the live action, but I have not had time. It is definatly on my to-do list:)

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

It's 18 volumes, right? I'd say that's an average length for a manga, versus Naruto and InuYasha, which have 50 some odd volumes. I think the anime is longer than the manga.

message 25: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Live Action 18 volumes, I think I can manage that :) Like Wednesday said therre are bigger series out there like Naruto & bleach.
Speaking of Bleach I think I have to continue it!

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) | 378 comments My favorites are:

Wolf's Rain
Naruto
Inuyasha
G Gundam
Yu Yu hakusho
Pokemon
The Sacred Blacksmith

message 27: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Iesha! Wolf's rain is amazing! I think I should re-watch it! And Yu Yu Hakusho is just epic :)

message 28: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 1392 comments Sailor Moon
Dragonball Z
Cowboy Bebop
Pokemon
Dragonball

Making this list made me realize how very little anime shows I have watched. The five that I listed are the only ones I've seen and liked. If this was for movies it would be much easier. I've seen a lot more of those.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

It seems you're really into older anime. That's awesome!

message 30: by Priscila (new)

Priscila Patatas (priscila18) | 6 comments Fullmetal Alchemist is my number one!
Then we have Fairy Tail, Bleach, Skip Beat, Gakuen Alice, NANA and Ao no Exorcist.

message 31: by D.M. (new)

D.M. Dutcher  | 35 comments My favorites are:

Clannad and Clannad: After Story.
Kanon
Angel Beats
Haibane Renmei
Dual: Parallel Trouble Adventures.

I haven't watched a lot of shoujo anime, but Please Save My Earth was what got me hooked on shoujo to begin with. I've watched some Fruits Basket, and some Saint Tail.

message 32: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 1392 comments Wednesday wrote: "It seems you're really into older anime. That's awesome!"

My favorites are all the ones that I watched as a kid. I've seen others recently that I liked, but it's hard to beat out nostalgia.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree. I also think that newer anime is getting a little crazy. It doesn't have the same touch as older anime.

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) | 378 comments My favorites are:
Wolf Rain
Naruto
Eureka Seven
The sacred blacksmith
G Gundam
Pokemon
yu yu hakusho

message 35: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Oo ooh we have lots in common!

message 36: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm (kpriya) My favorites are:

Digimon(1, 2, Wars)
La Corda
Pokemon(eariler series)
CCS
Skip Beat!

message 37: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 1392 comments I can't believe I forgot about Digimon! I loved that show! I would love to be able to watch it again.

message 38: by Bianca (new)

Bianca | 4 comments my favorite series are:

Clannad and clannad after story
Tokyo magnitude 8.0
Puella magi madoka magica
Haibane renmei
Fruits basket
One piece
The slayers next
Darker than black
Neon genesis evangelion

Yeah i like drama series XD

message 39: by Irene (new)

Irene | 8 comments I love Clasics like:
Sailor Moon
Marmalade boy
Hana Yori Dango
Sakura Cardcaptor
Evangelion (this is not shojo)
Kare Kano

And my favourites (apart of them) are:

Absolute boyfriend ( I CRIED *_*)
Full moon wo sagashite
Faster than a kiss
Ouran High School Host Club
Special A
Itazura na Kiss
Fushigi Yugi
LD-K
Skip beat
Elfen Lied (is not shojo but is romantic and i cried)

^^

message 40: by Irene (new)

Irene | 8 comments Ah! And dragonball and pokemon (first seasons) obviously!! :D

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Absolute Boyfriend has an anime? Or is the manga by Yuu Watase unrelated?

message 42: by Selena (new)

Selena (sailorstar165) | 2018 comments Mod
Top five is gonna be tough... Let's see...

Sailor Moon (First anime~)
Hyouka
Sword Art Online
Angel Beats
Tears to Tiara

Of course, this list changes based on my mood and what I watched most recently. ^^;;;

message 43: by Nekokit (new)

Nekokit | 747 comments The one I have watched recently was
Kaichou Wa Maid Sama
it is also in manga

message 44: by Mike (new)

Mike | 389 comments I seen so much great stuff narrowing to 5 is tough, but it's something like this:

1. Kino's Journey
2. Rahxephon
3. Cowboy Bebop
4. Last Exile
5. Here is Greenwood

message 45: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Oooh Cowboy Bebop!!
Last Exile the old one or the new one?

message 46: by Mike (new)

Mike | 389 comments Harshini WatchMeRead wrote: "Oooh Cowboy Bebop!!
Last Exile the old one or the new one?"

Bebop really blew me away when I first saw it, and it's still a favorite I watch pretty regularly. Though it just missed my top 5, Trigun is another great series from around the same time and is in a somewhat similar vein.

The first. It's a little rushed here and there, but overall everything from characters to art to story were impressive and really worked together wonderfully. Haven't actually seen "Fam, The Silver Wing" yet. Heard a lot of mixed things about it, but still intend to check it out at some point.

message 47: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments I have watched some adventures on Cowboy Bebop and I really enjoyed it, really want to watch more!
That's good to know, my brother wants me to watch Last Exile so badly. Want to know if its really worth it, but it does sound good maybe I will try it