SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Archive: Past Team Challenges > R5: Team #16 ~ Screeching Obscene Sixteen

Comments Showing 1-50 of 515 (515 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

message 1: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (last edited Jun 16, 2012 12:50AM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28410 comments Team #16
Captain: Crystal S

Members:
AH
Valerie (Val Hall)
Crystal S
Deborah
Dawn (Kat N Hat)

message 2: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28410 comments Virtual BINGO Card
Shelf names listed are to be filled in top to bottom under each letter listed

B
1. male-lead
2. favorite-series
3. ghosts
4. *New2You: series
5. urban-fantasy
I
6. sci-fi-romance
7. *Favorite Supe
8. demons
9. *Series Catch-Up
10. paranormal-fantasy
N
11. psychic
12. dragons
N#. FREE SPACE
13. *Reader's Choice
14. vampires
G
15. magic
16. new-series
17. angels
18. kick-ass-heroine
19. shifters
O
20. dark-fantasy
21. *New2You: author
22. paranormal-romance
23. young-adult-paranormal
24. 2011

message 3: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (last edited Sep 02, 2012 07:33PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28410 comments Link to print your own copy: BINGO card

SOS book shelf bingo card

message 4: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28410 comments ...

message 5: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28410 comments ...

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 473 comments Hiya teamies. Can't wait to get this started!

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 473 comments Ok, so it is 1:30 am and I can't sleep so I came up with some team name ideas most based on team 16. Just throwing them out for discussion.

Alliteration with Sixteen
Supersonic Sixteen
Sassy Swinging Sixteen
Slaming Sixteen
Smut Slinging Sixteen
Show Stopping Sixteen
Super Star Sixteen
Sixteen Spooky Seekers
Serial Slaying Sixteen
Sweet Sixteen
Sixteen Sweet Seekers
Sixteen Story Savages
Storming Sixteen

Rhymes with Sixteen
Reading Machine 16
Aquamarine Sixteen

Fun Names
Sisterhood of the Traveling Books
Will work for Books

Song Lyrics
Sixteen tons of Books
Sweet Little Sixteen
You'll Never Be Sixteen Again
Sweeter than Sixteen

message 8: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments Hi. Everyone. I'm AH and I'm from the Montreal area. I think this is my 4th Bingo and I'm ready to go....I'm getting the team pompoms out and I'll be cheering us on.

Val - I see that maybe we can use our freebies as long as they are on a shelf....

As for names, that's quite the list - I like Supersonic Sixteen....Dawn, you are amazing.

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 8495 comments Hello everyone.
My, Dawn...insomniac and creative. I must say they are all great names, hard to choose.

AH, you can wave your pompoms but please stay away from the evil little red square marching people...don't want to loose you getting arrested. Seriously, I'm from the Montreal area too and not really interested in getting political here but listening to the news is downright depressing.

Yeah, I think I'm nearing 1000 freebies now. Don't tell me I have a hoarding problem 'cause I know I do...just wish I could lend...do you know AH when we'll be able to?

message 10: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28410 comments Go, Dawn, Go! Great suggestions!

Hi, Ladies! Hope everyone has a great game!

LOL Val. You're wonderful freebie posts have contributed greatly to my increasing # of freebies on-hand. It's only a hoarding problem if it disrupts your life, right? LOL!

message 11: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 473 comments Gah, the worst part about insomnia is my 2 year old doesn't have it. He's always up bright and early, so therfore so am I.

I live in a small town in northern Colorado. This is my second round of BSB.

You all are going to have to direct me to the "freebie posts". I went through the shelves and the small amount of books I have on hand and found at least 3 for each shelf but most overlap. Well 3 for all except male- lead that one is going to be hard.

Anyone want to volunteer for captain?

message 12: by Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ (last edited Jun 15, 2012 08:12AM) (new)

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 8495 comments Mmmm I must point out that I'm not the best reference for free books. I can try to get you started.

If you have an ereader, you can check out Amazon and B&N for freebies.
SOS does have a freebie section where people post. I admit that I do post there often to feed other people's addiction. I personally do not know when a sale starts or ends. I just know that it was free when I posted something. I never go back and delete anything so the info may not be accurate....[Book Freebies [Kindle/Nook/Author/Pub/Other] .

If you do not mind reading from your computer, you can visit Pocket after dark. They always have 2 free books every month to read once you register. Pocket After Dark right now has Hunter of Shadows by Nancy Gideon (15 days left) and A Most Dangerous Profession by Karen Hawkins (29 days left).

If you have a blog or are a professional reader you can register to NetGalley for ARC. I sadly do not meet their requirements so I cannot comment.

Does your library have an electronic library? Mine does and sometimes I get ebooks or audiobooks that way. You might want to check what they have a selection.

Any other suggestion people?

message 13: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23518 comments Dawn, the freebie post is called Book Freebies towards the bottom of the group. Major contributions by Val.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/4...

message 14: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments Dawn, when I get a freebie, I write a one line review saying where I got the book. Just helps me organize my life so I don't get the book more than once.

Val - are you east or west - I stay away from those red square people - Haven't been downtown in months.

message 15: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 473 comments Thanks for the links to the freebies.

I have a kindle and it is my lifeline. Being a stay at home mom in a small town with no car during the day I rely on e-books and audiobooks from 3 diferent libraries. We don't actually have a libray in town, just a bus that comes by every 2 weeks, so if I want a hard copy of a book I have to plan way ahead of time. It is just hard to plan on a libray book in a challenge like this, who knows if it will be available when I need it.

message 16: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments Val is our source for the ebook freebies. There's other web sites/emails you can subscribe to like ereaderiq and bargain ebook hunter and books on the knob. They supply lists and lists of freebies daily. If you like audio books, and I think you can listen to an audio book in this challenge audiobooksync has 2 free audio downloads each week during the summer. This week it's The Eleventh Plague and the Grapes of Wrath.

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 8495 comments LOL. The problem with freebies is the promise of quantity but not necessarily quality. When I post, I have no idea if the book is good or not so it's at your own risk. It does not mean I have bad taste in books, just I don't know what I'm getting until I read it.

AH, I'm from the east and avoid downtown if I can too.

message 18: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments I'm from the other side of town. Hey did you know that Chapters Pt. Claire is having a whole bunch of authors coming in September 15 - http://www.smartchickskickit.com/sche... - Looks like fun.

message 19: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 473 comments Just a few updates:

I am going out of town to see my dad for fathers day so as of tomorrow morning my internet access will be intermitten. I should be able to check in tomorrow night to see what the shelf is.(probably a few times before I leave too) I plan to take several books with me that should cover most shelves so I can start reading on the 4 hour drive home. If nothing fits I will at least have my free space to start.

Out of all my sugestions for a name Serial Slaying Sixteen is my favorite.

I really don't want to be the captain. Normally I wouldn't mind but I have another team challenge I am organizing that starts on July 1st and I don't want to spread myself to thin and not have enough time to read or you know remember to feed the kids.

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 8495 comments All right, I am also gone this weekend for father's day. Where I'll be, very few computers exists or even function so I'll be out of touch too. I'll have my phone to check what is posted but do not expect wordy replies from me 'cause long texting on a phone is not fun to do.

I do not have a preference as for a name but it would be fun to incorporate the letter O since the group name is SOS...no idea how it could be done. There are already good suggestions, I personally like Storming Sixteen.

I am pretty occupied for the next few weeks and not really available on weekend. With shelves announcement on Sunday...I would be a poor choice for captain.

message 21: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Jun 15, 2012 03:26PM) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 473 comments Ooooooo, I like the SOS refrence. how about these?

Sassy Obscene Sixteen
Sixteen Obscure Sweethearts
Special Order Sixteen
Sixteen Ostentatious Sirens/Shifters/Sweethearts
Spirit of Sixteen

message 22: by Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ (last edited Jun 15, 2012 04:40PM) (new)

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 8495 comments Lol, Dawn is dedicated. Sassy Obscene Sixteen is nice, smooth.

Screeching Obscene Sixteen

message 23: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments I'll go with the flow. They are all good names, especially the SOS references. Have we heard from everyone yet?

message 24: by Crystal S (last edited Jun 15, 2012 04:24PM) (new)

Crystal S (crystalann) | 487 comments Hello team! I'm from Arkansas in the US and I'm addicted to books. This is my 3rd round of Bingo. I can tell ya now that I'm not particularly chatty. I don't know why. LOL I just hardly ever have anything that I think is interesting to say. This is exactly the way I am NOT in real life. LOL

I also don't have any opinions about the team name; whatever y'all want is fine with me. I can be a tie-breaker if you need me to be.

If no one else wants to be captain, I'll do it, but I'll warn you ahead of time that on Monday I'll be starting a night shift job, so I'll be on the opposite schedule of everyone else (at least from what I can tell, 1 from Colorado and 2 from Canada so far, looks like?). So I may be slower to reply to any posts made during the day while I'm sleeping. :-)

message 25: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6371 comments LOL...Crystal, you'd be on the same time schedule (almost) as the Mods...maybe not so convenient for your team, but high possibilities of running into us during the "day"!

message 26: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23518 comments Actually, I've missed you Crystal, glad we might 'bump' into you around Bingo :)

message 27: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 473 comments AH wrote: "I'll go with the flow. They are all good names, especially the SOS references. Have we heard from everyone yet?"

I don't see Deborah on here yet. I sent her a friend request.

message 28: by Crystal S (new)

Crystal S (crystalann) | 487 comments Aww. I've been missed. :-) It actually did occur to me that I'd be awake at the same time as the Mods. LOL

message 29: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments Crystal S wrote: "Aww. I've been missed. :-) It actually did occur to me that I'd be awake at the same time as the Mods. LOL"

Actually that would work out well, especially when Steph calls out the shelves.

message 30: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 473 comments Since most of us have played before (Don't think Deborah has), we should be fine with a captain who may not be on the same time standard as the rest of us.

I vote for Crystal S to be our fearless leader.

message 31: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 473 comments Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ wrote: "Lol, Dawn is dedicated. Sassy Obscene Sixteen is nice, smooth.

Screeching Obscene Sixteen"

Ironic that is the one you like. I didn't put Obscene Sixteen in my initial line up because that was the name for my last team (Obscene Fourteen). But I think SOS: Screeching Obscene Sixteen is kinda cool. I could start a tradition of having Obscene in all my team names.

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 8495 comments Well, there is something about the word obscene that appeal to me. It can't be worse than my last team name...the one that was a mile long because we could not agree on a name. I think it was Sandra that merged 2 suggestions together as a joke but it kinda stuck.

message 33: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23518 comments Always happy to help. ROFL

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) | 1902 comments Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ wrote: "Mmmm I must point out that I'm not the best reference for free books. I can try to get you started.

If you have an ereader, you can check out Amazon and B&N for freebies.
SOS does have a freebie s..."

At http://overdrive.com you can check if your library loans ebooks (most use overdrive)? If not, check a surrounding county for their policy on neighboring patrons.

I have a "library ebook" shelf for ones (not all PNR) I read from library. And a "free at one time" shelf. Website and Facebook pages I like for freebies are Pixel of Ink, Ereader News Today, Free Booksy, and Dining Downloads (the last for cookbooks)

message 35: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Jun 15, 2012 08:50PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) | 1902 comments Dawn (Kat N Hat) wrote: "AH wrote: "I'll go with the flow. They are all good names, especially the SOS references. Have we heard from everyone yet?"

I don't see Deborah on here yet. I sent her a friend request."

I am here now! Was expecting not much to do until Sunday. I am in Louisville, Ky, eastern standard time. I am a newbie to bingo (and just really got into goodreads this year after Living Social's Visual Bookshelf belly-upped).

I will vote for any of the SOS takes on team name. Crystal as leader fine by me (of course, I know no one).

Weekend of June 29 I am darting in and out of book signings (http://Fandomfest.com is here in my backyard, check guest tabs on their website and click thru literary guests, it should be interesting). But will still have Internet and be online (probably while in line.))

Otherwise, I am pretty much all yours complete with ankle brace to help slow me down (some of us a bit long in tooth to run around Vegas like I did last week followed by foot doctor appointments this week that almost made me miss team announcements).

message 36: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 473 comments Yay the gangs all here!

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) | 1902 comments So, excuse the newbie question, but can the book we choose for free space also count for another bingo square?

message 38: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28410 comments Hi, welcome, Deborah. That's a great question. The answer is no. Your free space book only counts towards your free space stamp. Every space = 1 book read, including the free space.

message 39: by Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) (last edited Jun 15, 2012 10:38PM) (new)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) | 1902 comments Steph wrote: "Hi, welcome, Deborah. That's a great question. The answer is no. Your free space book only counts towards your free space stamp. Every space = 1 book read, including the free space."

Thanks...it all looks easier to play than explain so I do not have any more questions yet. I just did not want to pick a free space one that would be better used on a harder square :) . Likely to come off a bookshelf vs. new release for me--wow, are some of the new releases really further along in the series. I read fast but not sure I want to try to get thru 10 or more of a series getting to free space selection (hate reading out of order).

See y'all Sunday. (if I am converting time zones correctly I am estimating 11am today my time, which is currently 1:37 am? Uh oh...Ilost track of time so off to bed).

message 40: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28410 comments No worries, Deborah. Just holler if you have any questions. :)

message 41: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 473 comments Deborah wrote: See y'all Sunday. (if I am converting time zones correctly I am estimating 11am today my time, which is currently 1:37 am? Uh oh...Ilost track of time so off to bed).

In the last round it was on average 2-4pm Saturday afternoon in the Mountain Time Zone. I would say 4-6 for eastern time to start looking for the post. But she has been known to post earlier too.

message 42: by Crystal S (last edited Aug 10, 2012 06:35PM) (new)

Crystal S (crystalann) | 487 comments I'm gonna go ahead and claim a couple more posts here on the first page for linking to our reviews and what-not (in case I run out of room in the above posts).

Judithe's Bingo Stats/Spreadsheet

Free Space
Stamp Request date: 07/07/12

AH - Seduced by the Wolf ★★★ Review 06/22/12
Valerie (Val Hall) - Lethal Rider ★★★★★ Review 06/20/12
Crystal S - Once Dead, Twice Shy ★★ Review 07/07/12
Deborah - Touched by an Alien ★★1/4 Review 06/21/12
Dawn (Kat N Hat) - Cry Wolf ★★★★ Review 07/04/12

Seduced by the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #5) by Terry Spear Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #3) by Larissa Ione Once Dead, Twice Shy (Madison Avery, #1) by Kim Harrison Touched by an Alien (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #1) by Gini Koch Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1) by Patricia Briggs

**********************************************************************************

Week 1: Young Adult Paranormal
Stamp Request date: 06/21/12

AH - Skylark ★★★1/2 Review 06/20/12
Valerie (Val Hall) - Forever ★★★ Review 06/18/12
Crystal S - Entice ★★★★ Review 06/21/12
Deborah - Touch of Power ★★★★ Review 06/17/12
Dawn (Kat N Hat) - Spell Bound ★★★★3/4 Review 06/18/12

Skylark (Skylark, #1) by Meagan Spooner Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater Touch of Power (Healer, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Entice (Need, #3) by Carrie Jones Spell Bound (Hex Hall, #3) by Rachel Hawkins

***********************************************************************************

Week 2: Favorite Series
Stamp Request Date: 07/06/12

AH - Branded by Fire ★★★1/2 Review 06/26/12
Valerie (Val Hall) - Enclave ★★★★★ Review 06/26/12
Crystal S - Kiss of a Demon King ★★★★1/2 Review 07/06/12
Deborah - Dark Lover ★★★1/2 Review 06/24/12
Dawn (Kat N Hat) - Lover Reborn ★★★★ Review 06/27/12

Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #6) by Nalini Singh Enclave (Razorland, #1) by Ann Aguirre Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark, #7) by Kresley Cole Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10) by J.R. Ward

*********************************************************************************

Week 3: New2You series (personal shelf)
Stamp Request Date: 07/07/12

AH - Kindling the Moon ★★★★ Review 07/04/12
Valerie (Val Hall) - A Blood Seduction ★★★★ Review 07/02/12
Crystal S - Kiss & Hell ★★★★ Review 07/07/12
Deborah - Halfway to the Grave ★★★★ Review 07/03/12
Dawn (Kat N Hat) - Killing Moon ★★★★ Review 07/04/12

Kindling the Moon (Arcadia Bell, #1) by Jenn Bennett A Blood Seduction (Vamp City, #1) by Pamela Palmer Kiss & Hell (Hell, #1) by Dakota Cassidy Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Killing Moon (Moon, #1) by Rebecca York

***********************************************************************************

Week 3: Shifters
Stamp Request Date: 07/14/12

AH - Once Bitten ★★★1/2 Review 07/09/12
Valerie (Val Hall) - Eternal Hunter ★★★ Review 07/10/12
Crystal S - Twice Bitten ★★★★ Review 07/14/12
Deborah - Immortal Coil ★★★★ Review 07/11/12
Dawn (Kat N Hat) - Dark Needs at Night's Edge ★★★★ Review 07/11/12

Once Bitten (Haven #1) by Kalayna Price Eternal Hunter (Night Watch, #1) by Cynthia Eden Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3) by Chloe Neill Immortal Coil by C.I. Black Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5) by Kresley Cole

************************************************************************************

Week 4: Ghosts
Stamp Request Date: 08/02/12

AH - Deadworld ★★★ Review 07/17/12
Valerie (Val Hall) - Third Grave Dead Ahead ★★★ Review 07/17/12
Crystal S - 50 Ways to Hex Your Lover ★★ Review 07/29/12
Deborah - 50 Ways to Hex Your Lover ★★★ Review 07/18/12
Dawn (Kat N Hat) - 50 Ways to Hex Your Lover ★★ Review 08/01/12

Deadworld (Jackie Rutledge #1) by J.N. Duncan Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson #3) by Darynda Jones 50 Ways to Hex Your Lover (Jazz Tremaine #1) by Linda Wisdom 50 Ways to Hex Your Lover (Jazz Tremaine #1) by Linda Wisdom 50 Ways to Hex Your Lover (Jazz Tremaine #1) by Linda Wisdom

************************************************************************************

Week 5: Demons
Stamp Request Date: 08/02/12

AH - Summoning the Night ★★★★ Review 07/23/12
Valerie (Val Hall) - Wicked Nights ★★★★ Review 07/24/12
Crystal S - Succubus Revealed ★★★★ Review 07/30/12
Deborah - Last of the Demon Slayers ★★★★ Review 07/23/12
Dawn (Kat N Hat) - Wicked Nights ★★★★ Review 08/02/12

Summoning the Night (Arcadia Bell, #2) by Jenn Bennett Wicked Nights (Angels of the Dark, #1) by Gena Showalter Succubus Revealed (Georgina Kincaid, #6) by Richelle Mead Last of the Demon Slayers (Demon Slayer, #4) by Angie Fox Wicked Nights (Angels of the Dark, #1) by Gena Showalter

*************************************************************************************

Week 6: Urban Fantasy
Stamp Request Date: 08/01/12

AH - Windfall ★★★★ Review 07/30/12
Valerie (Val Hall) - Undone Deeds ★★★★★ Review 07/29/12
Crystal S - Dead Reckoning ★★★★ Review 08/01/12
Deborah - Kitty and the Silver Bullet ★★★1/4 Review 07/29/12
Dawn (Kat N Hat) - On the Prowl ★★1/4 Review 07/31/12

Windfall (Weather Warden, #4) by Rachel Caine Undone Deeds (Connor Grey, #6) by Mark Del Franco Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, #11) by Charlaine Harris Kitty and the Silver Bullet (Kitty Norville, #4) by Carrie Vaughn On the Prowl by Patricia Briggs

*********************************************************************************

Cont'd in next post

message 43: by Crystal S (last edited Aug 31, 2012 10:43PM) (new)

Crystal S (crystalann) | 487 comments Week 7: Series Catch-up (personal shelf)
Stamp Request Date: 08/15/12

AH - Gunmetal Magic ★★★★1/2 Review 08/07/12
Valerie (Val Hall) - Grave Memory ★★★★ Review 08/05/12
Crystal S - River Marked ★★★★ Review 08/10/12
Deborah - Size 14 Is Not Fat Either ★★★1/2 Review 08/07/12
Dawn (Kat N Hat) - The Demon You Know ★★★★★ Review 08/06/12

Gunmetal Magic (Kate Daniels World, #1) by Ilona Andrews Grave Memory (Alex Craft, #3) by Kalayna Price River Marked (Mercedes Thompson, #6) by Patricia Briggs Size 14 Is Not Fat Either (Heather Wells, #2) by Meg Cabot The Demon You Know (The Others, #11) by Christine Warren

Week 8: Angels
Stamp Request Date: 08/24/12

AH - Hexed ★★★★ Review 08/21/12
Valerie (Val Hall) - Sins of the Angels ★★★ Review 08/16/12
Crystal S - Promise ★★1/2 Review 08/17/12
Deborah - Second Grave on the Left ★★★1/2 Review 08/13/12
Dawn (Kat N Hat) - Die for Me ★★★1/2 Review date 08/12/12

Hexed (Iron Druid Chronicles, #2) by Kevin Hearne Sins of the Angels (Grigori Legacy, #1) by Linda Poitevin Promise (Soul Savers, #1) by Kristie Cook Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson, #2) by Darynda Jones Die for Me (Revenants, #1) by Amy Plum

Week 9: 2011
Stamp Request Date: 09/01/12

AH - The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making ★★★★ Review 08/24/12
Valerie (Val Hall) - Smokeless Fire ★★★ Review 08/20/12
Crystal S - At Grave's End ★★★★★ Review 08/31/12
Deborah - Frostbite ★★★1/4 Review 08/20/12
Dawn (Kat N Hat) The Beast in Him ★★★ Review 08/21/12

The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making (Fairyland, #1) by Catherynne M. Valente Smokeless Fire (Fire Spirits, #1) by Samantha Young At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) by Richelle Mead The Beast in Him (Pride, #2) by Shelly Laurenston

Week 10: Magic
Stamp Request Date: ???

AH - Stormdancer
Valerie (Val Hall) - Gunmetal Magic ★★★★★ Review 08/28/12
Crystal S - Cloaked
Deborah - On the Edge ★★★3/4 Review 08/27/12
Dawn (Kat N Hat) - River Secrets ★★★ Review 08/29/12

Gunmetal Magic (Kate Daniels World, #1) by Ilona Andrews Stormdancer (The Lotus War, #1) by Jay Kristoff Cloaked by Alex Flinn On the Edge (The Edge, #1) by Ilona Andrews River Secrets (The Books of Bayern, #3) by Shannon Hale

message 44: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments And last round she posted in the Discussion thread. What I suggest is that whoever sees it first attach a link to our thread. Also as soon as the game begins, it's a good idea to read and finish your FREE space book.

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) | 1902 comments .....(still watching for shelf announcement)....in the meantime, do we have our team captain and team name?

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) | 1902 comments In the main thread some people are already selecting free space book. *phhhhwwwtttt* holds breath in...not me. Too afraid might need it for the shelf being announced.

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 8495 comments I thought that Crystal was to be captain.

message 48: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Jun 16, 2012 02:09PM) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) | 473 comments Yeah I think we agreed Crystal is capn' and we discussed SOS: Screeching Obscene Sixteen but not sure if we all agreed to it.

message 49: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments Re name - Sounds good!

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) | 1902 comments I agree....Crystal and Screechung Obscene Sixteen

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11