SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Archive: Past Team Challenges > R5: Team #11 ~ Ocean's 11

Comments Showing 1-50 of 385 (385 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (last edited Jun 16, 2012 03:36PM) (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 25893 comments Team #11
Captain: Mary

Members:
Zina
Diane
Jennifer J
Mary
Kim L

message 2: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 25893 comments Virtual BINGO Card
Shelf names listed are to be filled in top to bottom under each letter listed

B
1. young-adult-paranormal
2. dragons
3. *New2You: series
4. shifters
5. urban-fantasy
I
6. *Reader's Choice
7. dark-fantasy
8. *Favorite Supe
9. demons
10. 2011
N
11. *Series Catch-Up
12. new-series
N#. FREE SPACE
13. *New2You: author
14. magic
G
15. psychic
16. vampires
17. paranormal-romance
18. favorite-series
19. male-lead
O
20. sci-fi-romance
21. ghosts
22. paranormal-fantasy
23. kick-ass-heroine
24. angels

message 3: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (last edited Sep 02, 2012 07:35PM) (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 25893 comments Link to print your own copy: BINGO card

SOS book shelf bingo card

message 4: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 25893 comments ...

message 5: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 25893 comments ...

message 6: by Mary, Mary, Just a bit contrary (last edited Sep 01, 2012 11:34AM) (new)

Mary, Mary, Just a bit contrary (MaryMaryJustabitcontrary) | 2325 comments It looks like I'm the only volunteer to captain. So here I am. I'm using this thread to keep track of called shelves and who is reading what, page and post #'s for reviews etc.., If I need another post, I'll repurpose my next post down.

Young Adult ParanormalSTAMPED
Zina Jinxhttp://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...
Diane Dark Frosthttp://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...
Jennifer J Hush, Hushhttp://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...
Mary Paranormalcy http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...
Kim L The Near Witchhttp://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...

FREE SPACE stamped
Zina: At Grave's End review
Diane:Tracking the Tempest review
Jennifer J:Pretty When She Diesreview
Mary:Dark Embers review
Kim L:Clockwork Angelreview

Favorite Series STAMPED
Zina:Destined for an Early Gravehttp://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...
Diane:An Ice Cold Grave
Jennifer J:Uglieshttp://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...
Mary:Whispers in the Dark =http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...
Kim L:The False Princehttp://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...

New 2 You Series stamped Personal Shelf
Zina Queen of Shadowsreview
Diane: Dark Descendant review
Jennifer J:Obsidianreview
Mary: The Shape of Waterreview
Kim:Eon: Dragoneye Reborn review

Shifters stamped
ZinaMine to Possessreview
Diane Death Blows review
Jennifer:Nice Girls Don't Date Dead Menreview
Mary:Kiss of Furyreview
Kim:Of Poseidonreview

DEMONS Stamped
Zina:Eternal Rider review
Diane:Demons Prefer Blondesreview
Jennifer J: Sweet Evil review
Mary:Envyreview
Kim Shadow and Bonereview

Urban Fantasy Stamped
Zina Heat Stroke review
Diane Deadly Descendant review
Jennifer J The Hunger Games review
Mary Deadlocked review
Kim:Monument 14 review

Ghosts
Zina:Grave Witch review
Diane
Jennifer JThe Restorerreview
MaryHeart of Evilreview
KimAnna Dressed in Blood review

Series Catch-up
Zina Grave Perilreview
DianeQuicksilverreview
Jenifer J:Cold Lightreview
Mary: Land of Echoes review
KimBitterblue
ANGELS
Jennifer J.Blue Bloods review
Mary Small Favorreview
Diane: Early to Death, Early to Rise review
Kim: Daughter of Smoke and Bone review
Zina:Angel Betrayedreview

Jennifer J:Bumpedreview
Mary:Pack of Liesreview
Zina: Bitten review
Diane: Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side review

Magic
Zina: The Summoning review
Mary: Third Grave Dead Aheadreview
Jennifer J: Tiger Lilyreview
Diane: A Witch Before Dyingreview
Kim: Immortal Belovedreview

message 7: by Kim (new)

Kim Hi! I'm Kim and this is my first time playing. I am really excited to start playing. I am married with 5 kids. I do a lot of my reading while I am waiting for kids at their activities. :)

Mary, Mary, Just a bit contrary (MaryMaryJustabitcontrary) | 2325 comments My daughter and are taking a long road trip on Sunday. We'll be listening to Inheritance. It works for 9 of the shelves. So probably none of those 9 will be called.

Maybe I'll come up with a back up audiobook.

message 9: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 25893 comments Welcome to BSB, Kim! Hope you enjoy the game!

LOL Mary! Hopefully Mr. R(andomizer) will do ya a solid and call a shelf with it on there. Safe travels on your trip!

message 10: by Kim (new)

Kim Mary wrote: "My daughter and are taking a long road trip on Sunday. We'll be listening to Inheritance. It works for 9 of the shelves. So probably none of those 9 will be called.

Maybe I'll come up with a ba..."

Hi, Mary! Have fun on your road trip. I have meaning to start that series sometime.

message 11: by Kim (new)

Kim Steph wrote: "Welcome to BSB, Kim! Hope you enjoy the game!

LOL Mary! Hopefully Mr. R(andomizer) will do ya a solid and call a shelf with it on there. Safe travels on your trip!"

Thanks, Steph! I found the group while round 4 was going on and have been keeping my eyes out for round 5. :)

message 12: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 25893 comments Cool! Glad you decided to join us for R5. Hope you enjoy it enough to play again in the future as well.

message 13: by Rosina (new)

Rosina | 1232 comments Hi everyone

So excited that Round 5 is here....this is my favorite team challenge....

part of the world is everyone from?

I live in Calgary Canada, work full time in accounting
married , 3 step kids, 8 grandkids,
This next week I am in the process of moving into an apartment condo (goodbye yardwork and snow shoveling, hello more time for reading) so will be busy but never too busy to catch a few minutes for reading.....

Sending out friend invites to all of you....

Looking forward to this round, I am planning on doing a majority of my reading on a Kobo....was resistant at first at ereading but now am loving it....not to mention that packing an ereader is much easier than many boxes of books....

message 14: by Kim (new)

Kim Zina wrote: "Hi everyone

So excited that Round 5 is here....this is my favorite team challenge....

part of the world is everyone from?

I live in Calgary Canada, work full time in accounting
married , 3 step ..."

Hi Zina! I live in Montana. I am planning on doing most of my reading on an ereader too. I have a Kindle. Good luck with your move!

message 15: by Kim (new)

Kim Is anyone interested in being captain? It looks like we have two team members left to check in. I have never played before, but if no one else wants to be captain, I am willing. If someone else wants to be, then great. :)

Anyone have any ideas for names? I am horrible at this part. The only one I have come up so far is Electric Eleven. I need to grab my dictonary and find some more 'E' words. :)

Mary, Mary, Just a bit contrary (MaryMaryJustabitcontrary) | 2325 comments I'm bad at the name thing. What does Team Captain entail? I played in round 2 I think.

I'm in Massachusetts.

Hmm names.

Fiction's Floozies?

Floozies of Fiction?

Paranormal Princesses?

Ocean's 11?

Clooney's 11 (George Clooney played Danny Ocean)

(see not so good at clever wording).

message 17: by Mary, Mary, Just a bit contrary (last edited Jun 15, 2012 11:12AM) (new)

Mary, Mary, Just a bit contrary (MaryMaryJustabitcontrary) | 2325 comments Apollo 11 was the first spaceflight that landed on the moon. Something to play on that?

Apollo 69'ers?

Heaven's 11?

11 is Heaven?

message 18: by Kim (new)

Kim I think the Team Captain is in charge of posting when everyone has read a book for a square so we can get our stamp.

I like Heaven's 11 or Ocean's 11.

message 19: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 768 comments Hi everyone. Looking forward to a new game of Bingo. I live in Texas and anyone who wants to be team captain has my vote.

I think the captain is responsible for creating a post with links for all our reviews for each shelf and linking it in the Stamp Me thread. Plus they are the person the moderators go to for any questions about the team.

message 20: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 768 comments Some more name ideas, although it's not my forte.

11th hour
Double Number 1
Prime Reading Aces
Dial up to 11

message 21: by Kim (new)

Kim Diane ~Firefly~ wrote: "Some more name ideas, although it's not my forte.

11th hour
Double Number 1
Prime Reading Aces
Dial up to 11"

Those are some good names! I like Prime Reading Aces.

message 22: by Rosina (new)

Rosina | 1232 comments Im not really keen on being captain this round
I like prime reading aces or eleventh hour

Mary, Mary, Just a bit contrary (MaryMaryJustabitcontrary) | 2325 comments I think I already know what my free space book will be. I think I'm going to use Lady of Light & Shadows by CL Wilson. It's on the SOS shelf. I have it on audio and I can get a huge chunk of it done on Sunday while cleaning the house and planting some herbs and flowers my mother gave me.

I had my Sundays confused: it's the 24th that my daughter and I are taking the road trip.

Mary, Mary, Just a bit contrary (MaryMaryJustabitcontrary) | 2325 comments I don't mind doing captain duties if no one else volunteers. It doesn't take a lot of time does it? I'm on here everyday and should be able to keep up with asking for stamps as needed.

I don't know how to do links on goodreads though. I find the editing box very complicated compared to paperbackswap's editing box.

I also haven't played since round 2 or 3 but I'm sure I could figure it out.

message 25: by JenniferJ (new)

JenniferJ | 205 comments Elite Eleven is all I can think of at the moment. lol

I am JenniferJ and I played last time around and just really loved it and it helped me cut way down on my TBR list!

I am married, live in South Carolina, 2 poochies and cat own me, I love reading young adult and most anything paranormal, and I adore horror movies! Reese Cups and Mt Dew are my snacks of choice.

I also don't really want to be captain so anybody that is up for that it's fine with me. :)

I would be thrilled to add all of you to my friends list if it's okay?

Just thrilled to be playing again and am happy to meet all of you!

message 26: by Kim (new)

Kim JenniferJ wrote: "Elite Eleven is all I can think of at the moment. lol

I am JenniferJ and I played last time around and just really loved it and it helped me cut way down on my TBR list!

I am married, live in Sou..."

Welcome, Jennifer! Feel free to add me as a friend! :)

I think we are all checked in now!!! I can't wait to play.

Mary, Mary, Just a bit contrary (MaryMaryJustabitcontrary) | 2325 comments Hmm well I guess I will be out captain since no one else volunteered. Are there any objections to that?

I'm going to turn my 1st post where I checked in, into a post to keep track of the shelves and who is reading what.

I only played 2 rounds and wasn't a captain for either so hopefully I do it right.

message 28: by Kim (new)

Kim Mary wrote: "I don't mind doing captain duties if no one else volunteers. It doesn't take a lot of time does it? I'm on here everyday and should be able to keep up with asking for stamps as needed.

I don't ..."

I am also willing to be captain if no one else wants to. Why don't you decide if you want to do it and if you don't, I can do it. I am fine, either way. :).

message 29: by Kim (last edited Jun 16, 2012 06:04AM) (new)

Kim Mary wrote: "Hmm well I guess I will be out captain since no one else volunteered. Are there any objections to that?

I'm going to turn my 1st post where I checked in, into a post to keep track of the shelves..."

We posted at the same time. :). That sounds great if you want to be captain. Let me know if you need any help!!

Mary, Mary, Just a bit contrary (MaryMaryJustabitcontrary) | 2325 comments I was fine either way too but since I already declared myself captain and started a tracking post, I claim it as mine. Although I could be bribed to give it up.

Kim if I need someone to keep track while I go on a vacation or away for a weekend or something-I'll message you to see if you can. Right now my Summer vacation plans are still up in the air. If I go see my Dad in Aug like I want then I will have to rely on public wifi that week.

message 31: by Kim (new)

Kim Mary wrote: "I was fine either way too but since I already declared myself captain and started a tracking post, I claim it as mine. Although I could be bribed to give it up.

Kim if I need someone to keep tr..."

LOL! It's yours, Captain Mary! :)

I will be around most of the summer, so I can fill in for you anytime.

I picked my free space read. I am going to read
Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink. I found it on the SOS shelves and I already have it on my Kindle.

message 32: by Rosina (new)

Rosina | 1232 comments I will have to take a look and see what to read for free space.

Was hoping Jinx by meg Cabot is on there

Today busy getting everything ready for. Our move next weekend. So exciting for us.

Congrats on being captain - you will do great.

Mary, Mary, Just a bit contrary (MaryMaryJustabitcontrary) | 2325 comments I was hoping we had a shelf but I quess it's still really early in Japan. I'm going out with the girls tonight but I'll check when I come back. I won't be late.

So as captain am I allowed to verbally abuse anyone who falls behind? Just askin'

message 34: by JenniferJ (last edited Jun 16, 2012 01:59PM) (new)

JenniferJ | 205 comments Mary that is fine with me you doing the captain position. Congrats. :)

I am choosing Pretty When She Dies (Pretty When She Dies, #1) by Rhiannon Frater Pretty When She Dies (Pretty When She... Trilogy #1) by Rhiannon Frater as my free space read. Got it from "Group Bookshelf"

LOL @ Verbal abusing.

message 35: by JenniferJ (new)

JenniferJ | 205 comments Yay our first shelf! I am going with Hush Hush (Book 1) by Becca Fitzpatrick. Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick

message 36: by Rosina (new)

Rosina | 1232 comments I will read Jinx by Meg Cabot for our first shelf

Have fun reading everyone

message 37: by Kim (new)

Kim I am going to go with The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab for the first shelf.

I am also reading Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink for my free read.

I can't wait to start reading! :)

Should we go ahead and pick a name for our team? What was everyone's favorites?

message 38: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 22027 comments Mary wrote: "So as captain am I allowed to verbally abuse anyone who falls behind? Just askin' "

No Mary, but you can requisition the officially approved and sanctioned SOS Whip.

message 39: by Mary, Mary, Just a bit contrary (last edited Jun 17, 2012 05:54AM) (new)

Mary, Mary, Just a bit contrary (MaryMaryJustabitcontrary) | 2325 comments Ooh I get a Whip. I actually live near Whip City (Westfield MA which apparently used to be the main place for buggy whip manufacturing back in the day).,

I haven't seen the shelf yet but I'm guessing it's the YA one. YA is not my favorite. I'll borrow one of DD's books. Handy having a teenage reader in the house for this one.

message 40: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 25893 comments Sandra wrote: "Mary wrote: "So as captain am I allowed to verbally abuse anyone who falls behind? Just askin' "

No Mary, but you can requisition the officially approved and sanctioned SOS Whip."

LMAO! >;) Wicked!

Mary, Mary, Just a bit contrary (MaryMaryJustabitcontrary) | 2325 comments If everyone could maybe list their 2 favorite name ideas in order of preference and whatever one gets the most votes will be the one.

Christina (AKA Babbling) (BabblingBookReviews) | 1183 comments Mary wrote: "
I haven't scene the shelf yet but I'm guessing it's the YA one. YA is not my favorite. I'll borrow one of DD's books. Handy having a teenage reader in the house for this one. ..."

Steph changed some things last round. By your comment, I'm thinking you haven't visited this thread. She's no longer posting the announcement in the team threads. If I've misunderstood your comment, my apologies. ;-)

She's also set up a thread for posting stamp requests -- more organized and centralized than stalking the game threads.

message 43: by Kim (new)

Kim My two favorite are Prime Reading Aces & Ocean's 11.

message 44: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6223 comments Happy shelf-day, everyone!

The virtual tracker of all shelves stamped & all bingo cards is up. I copied up the cards from each thread, and need other eyes to check that there are no mistakes. If the captain or an enthusiastic teammate could pop over to check the notice, then your card and let me know it's OK, I would really appreciate it! Many, many thanks!

Link to SOS Book Shelf Bingo ROUND FIVE Stats post in the BSB R5 Discussion thread

message 45: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6223 comments Good luck on the name! (Not my team...but I'm still gonna say, I'm partial to "Ocean's 11"...like the movie theme!)

message 46: by Rosina (new)

Rosina | 1232 comments I m liking

OCEAN'S ELEVEN
ELEVENTH HOUR

Mary, Mary, Just a bit contrary (MaryMaryJustabitcontrary) | 2325 comments I did know that it's being posted in the shelf thread, I just hadn't looked at it yet.

Mary, Mary, Just a bit contrary (MaryMaryJustabitcontrary) | 2325 comments Hmm. For names I think I will duplicate Zina's vote and say

Ocean's 11
Eleventh Hour

I think I'll use for shelf 1: Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2) by Becca Fitzpatrick

Maybe. I might use Paranormalcy instead.

message 49: by JenniferJ (new)

JenniferJ | 205 comments Ocean's 11 is my fave I think.

message 50: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 768 comments I like 11th hour and Paranormal Princesses

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8