SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Archive: Past Team Challenges > R5: Team #7 ~ Seven Sexy Sins

Comments Showing 1-50 of 421 (421 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Jun 16, 2012 03:41PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29004 comments Team #7
Captain: Kimberly

Members:
Amy (Lover of Books)
Mandy
Alyssa
Kimberly
Carlyn

message 2: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Jun 16, 2012 07:18PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29004 comments Virtual BINGO Card
Shelf names listed are to be filled in top to bottom under each letter listed

B
1. dark-fantasy
2. *Favorite Supe
3. *Reader's Choice
4. new-series
5. angels
I
6. favorite-series
7. paranormal-romance
8. sci-fi-romance
9. *Series Catch-Up
10. demons
N
11. magic
12. shifters
N#. FREE SPACE
13. vampires
14. 2011
G
15. psychic
16. male-lead
17. *New2You: series
18. paranormal-fantasy
19. *New2You: author
O
20. urban-fantasy
21. young-adult-paranormal
22. ghosts
23. dragons
24. kick-ass-heroine

message 3: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Aug 30, 2012 03:25PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29004 comments Link to print your own copy: BINGO card

SOS book shelf bingo card

message 4: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29004 comments ...

message 5: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29004 comments ...

message 6: by Carlyn (new)

Carlyn | 466 comments Hi fellow team members! Are you all as excited to be playing BSB again as I am? :)

message 7: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) | 530 comments WOO HOO TEAM 7!!!
I can't wait to start!!!

message 8: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (lyssad87) | 974 comments Hello everyone!

I'm soo excited Bingo is starting again!

I'm gonna try to think of team names while I'm at work.

We also need to decide on team captain.

I'm just wondering, has anyone not played before?

Also, where is everybody from?

I live in Illinois.

message 9: by Carlyn (new)

Carlyn | 466 comments Hi all! I've played the last two games of Bingo and I was captain last time :) I'll have a think of names too. I'm from Scotland!

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 400 comments Hi, this is my first time playing this. I'm also from Illinois too Alyssa!

message 11: by Carlyn (new)

Carlyn | 466 comments Amy if you need any help just ask! I've played a few times now and I'm happy to help :)

message 12: by Carlyn (new)

Carlyn | 466 comments Lucky Sevens
Seven Sinners
Seven Sexy Supe's

Just a few suggestions :)

message 13: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Beyers (mandybeyers) | 346 comments *Woo hoo! Hi, Teammates! I played last round and I have also played in all the games over in the M/M Romance group. I guess I'm just a Bingo junkie!

*I'm from Texas

*Carlyn, I like all your suggestions :)

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 400 comments Carlyn wrote: "Amy if you need any help just ask! I've played a few times now and I'm happy to help :)"

Thank you!

I like the first two suggestions.

message 15: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) | 530 comments Hey All!! I'm Kimberly from California.
This is my third time playing. I'm horrible at making up names, but I like the ones Carlyn thought of too.

I'll try to think up a name for our team but I can't promise it will be in English.

message 16: by Alyssa (last edited Jun 15, 2012 09:20PM) (new)

Alyssa (lyssad87) | 974 comments -- I like your suggestions, Carlyn. :-) (I totally forgot to think of some today. Whoops.)

--Yay, Amy! You're gonna have fun!

- This will be my 4th time playing Bingo. I missed out on Round 1. I, like Carlyn, was a captain last time. I wouldn't mind doing it again, and I guess Carlyn wouldn't mind either. (Maybe?) But, if either of you, Kimberly or Mandy, would like a shot at it, just speak up. :-)

So, I have managed to think of something for a team name while I was typing the previous stuff.

Carlyn kind of gave me the idea when she mentioned Seven Sinners. It made me think of the Seven Deadly Sins.

Here are my suggestions:

Seven Deadly Sins
Seven Deadly Ladies
Seven Deadly Sirens
5 of 7 Deadly Sins (cuz there is 5 of us on the team)
5/7 Deadly Sins
Seven Sexy Sins or Seven Sexy Sinners

Or just some kind of creature that is ferocious, with lots of teeth and claws. ROAR!!

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 400 comments I like the Seven Deadly Sirens or the Seven Deadly Sins!

message 18: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) | 530 comments I'm voting for Seven Sexy Sins!

I've never been a captain, but I'd like to give it a try! Amy and Mandy, if either of would like to do it, cool with me!

This round is going to be FUN!!!

message 19: by Carlyn (new)

Carlyn | 466 comments I'm happy to let someone else go for the captain :) and I like Seven Sexy Sins too :)

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 400 comments I don't want to be captain since this is my first time playing this.

message 21: by Carlyn (new)

Carlyn | 466 comments that's what I did Amy. I played two rounds and then I was captain so I could understand how the game worked. :)

message 22: by Carlyn (new)

Carlyn | 466 comments Is everyone okay with Kimberly being Captain and the team name being Seven Sexy Sins? BTW I'm going to send out friend requests, it help's to keep track of how everyone is getting on :)

message 23: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) | 530 comments Sounds like a plan to me!

How about this:
I'll send Steph a message letting her know I'm captain of Team Seven Sexy Sins so we can get the party started!

message 24: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29004 comments Love the name, ladies! Happy Reading!

message 25: by Carlyn (new)

Carlyn | 466 comments Kimberly wrote: "Sounds like a plan to me!

How about this:
I'll send Steph a message letting her know I'm captain of Team Seven Sexy Sins so we can get the party started!"

Woo Hoo! Loving it! Can't wait for the first shelf to get called!

message 26: by Kimberly (last edited Jun 22, 2012 10:50PM) (new)

Kimberly (gravy) | 530 comments Our first shelf is up!

Young-Adult-Paranormal
Alyssa - Awake at Dawn
Amy (Lover of Books) - Ascend 22 June Review ★★★★
Carlyn - Infinity 19 June Review ★★★★
Kimberly - Shadowland 17 June Review ★★★
Mandy - Need 19 June review ★★★
Awake at Dawn (Shadow Falls, #2) by C.C. Hunter Ascend by Amanda Hocking Infinity (Chronicles of Nick, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Shadowland (The Mediator, #1) by Meg Cabot Need (Need, #1) by Carrie Jones

Free Space
Alyssa - Destined for an Early Grave
Amy (Lover of Books) - The Calling 19 June Review ★★★★★
Carlyn - Angels of Darkness 21 June Review ★★★★
Kimberly - Born of Silence 21 June Review ★★★★
Mandy
Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost The Calling (Darkness Rising, #2) by Kelley Armstrong Angels of Darkness by Ilona Andrews Born of Silence (The League, #5) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 27: by Kimberly (last edited Jun 16, 2012 04:18PM) (new)

Kimberly (gravy) | 530 comments For YA Paranormal, I'm going to read Shadowland by Meg Cabot.
For the Free Space, I'm going to read Born of Silence by Sherrilyn Kenyon.

Happy Reading!

message 28: by Amy ~Lover of Books~ (last edited Jun 16, 2012 04:12PM) (new)

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 400 comments I'm going to be reading The Calling (Darkness Rising, #2) by Kelley Armstrong for Young Adult-Paranormal

message 29: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) | 530 comments Since the Free Space can be read at anytime during the game, I'm going to start listing that as well.
As a refresher, here's the link to the Free Space Rules.

Go Team Go!!!

message 30: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (lyssad87) | 974 comments Whoohoo! A captain and a team name! Yay!

And a shelf!! Gotta go pick my books!!

message 31: by Alyssa (last edited Jun 16, 2012 06:37PM) (new)

Alyssa (lyssad87) | 974 comments Ok. Got my books picked out.

Awake at Dawn (Shadow Falls, #2) by C.C. Hunter is my pick for the Young Adult Paranormal shelf.

For the Free Space, I'm going to read Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost which is on the SOS Bookshelf. (I need me some more Cat and Bones!)]

message 32: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) | 530 comments Alyssa wrote: "Whoohoo! A captain and a team name! Yay!
And a shelf!! Gotta go pick my books!!"

Yeah Baby, Yeah!!!!!

message 33: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) | 530 comments Alyssa wrote: "For the Free Space, I'm going to read which is on the SOS Bookshelf. (I need me some more Cat and Bones!)] "

Ah, maaaaannnnn! I didnn't scroll down far enough to see that one! I got to Born of Silence and thought, "Right On! I HAVE this book!"

message 34: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) | 530 comments Amy ~Lover of Books~ wrote: "I'm going to be reading The Calling (Wicca, #7) by Cate Tiernanfor Young Adult-Paranormal"

I've never read anything by Kelley Armstrong. I hear she's a good author but I've never been drawn to her. I'm looking forward to your review!

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 400 comments Kimberly wrote: "Amy ~Lover of Books~ wrote: "I'm going to be reading The Callingfor Young Adult-Paranormal"

I've never read anything by Kelley Armstrong. I hear she's a good author but I've never been..."

I've only read her YA book series, The Darkest Powers and the first book, The Gathering in the Darkness Rising series by her and I enjoyed these books. I have not read any of her adult series before.
--------------------------------------------------
Is it all right if I change The Calling (Darkness Rising, #2) by Kelley Armstrong as my free space book and Ascend by Amanda Hocking my young adult paranormal?

message 36: by Carlyn (new)

Carlyn | 466 comments I'm going to read Infinity (Chronicles of Nick, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon for the YA shelf.

message 37: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments Amy ~Lover of Books~ wrote:Is it all right if I change The Calling (Darkness Rising, #2) as my free space book and Ascend my young adult paranormal? ..."

That's fine as long as they fit the categories!

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 400 comments Judithe wrote: "Amy ~Lover of Books~ wrote:Is it all right if I change The Calling (Darkness Rising, #2) as my free space book and Ascend my young adult paranormal? ..."

That's fine as long as they fit the catego..."

They do fit! Thanks!

message 39: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments :D

message 40: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) | 530 comments Kimberly's review of Shadowland
3 stars, Finished 17 June

I don't normally like YA books because I can't get into the mindset of a teenager anymore.
This teenager was different. I swear she's a 30 year old in the mind of a 16 year old.
I laughed while reading this. The lines the author gave Suze, the mediator, were funny. Who tells her fellow classmate she's going to break her fingers after school during her first two days of school?
I guess the author wanted to portray Suze as a confident teenager trying to adapt to her new environment because all of the years she's spent dealing with ghosts who are trying to adapte to the fact that they are in a new environment now that they're dead.
OMG! Did that possible run-on sentence sound like I'm trying to write a term paper about this book?

This series sounds like it could be fun to keep up with.

message 41: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) | 530 comments WOO HOO! I figured out how to link to a review!!!

The powers of cut and paste are flowing though me.
heheheheeee! :D

message 42: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Beyers (mandybeyers) | 346 comments I am going to read Need (Need, #1) by Carrie Jones for ya-paranormal. I haven't picked my free space book yet :)

Hope you all have had a great weekend!

message 43: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments ROFL! Go, Kimberly! Love your "headin-to-term-paper-territory" review!

message 44: by Carlyn (new)

Carlyn | 466 comments I'm going to read Angels of Darkness by Ilona Andrews for the free space read!

message 45: by Carlyn (new)

Carlyn | 466 comments So how is everyone getting on with their books? I'm almost finished my YA book then I'll start on my free space.

message 46: by Carlyn (last edited Jun 20, 2012 01:59AM) (new)

Carlyn | 466 comments Infinity (Chronicles of Nick, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Shelf: Young Adult Paranormal
Finished: 19/06/2012
Rating: 4 Stars.

I'm a really big fan of Sherrilyn's Dark Hunter series but I'm not a big fan of YA (it makes me feel old now!) so I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book, but I'm happy to report I was very wrong! I loved it!
I always liked Nick as he had a wicked sense of humour and because he took care of the people he loved so it was great to go back to his teenage years to see what really shaped him and to see how he became involved in the Dark Hunter world in the first place.
As usual the writing is fantastic by Kenyon and the characters are some of the best I have read. You easily fall in love with every single one of them.
I will happily read the next installment in the Chronicals of Nick series and I would easily recommend it to anyone.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 400 comments I finished my free space book: The Calling (Darkness Rising, #2) by Kelley Armstrong (Finished 6/19/2012 - 5 stars)

Review/Thoughts:
It was an amazing book! I enjoyed all the action that was going on. There was a lot tension between everyone which is understandable because they escaped a helicopter crash and is on the run from some people. I'll definitely read the third and final book in this trilogy due to release sometime in 2013.

(I hope that's good enough for a review/my thoughts on this book. I'll now move on to my young adult paranormal book which I've got on hand)

message 48: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) | 530 comments Hey Team!
I was on a roll reading this past weekend but I've slowed down. I finished my YA book in one sitting, which is rare for me. I started my Free Space book and I'm taking my time with that one.
How's everyone else doing?

message 49: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (gravy) | 530 comments Carlyn - Did you mean "19/06/2012" for your review date?

Amy - I think the review looks good. I'm glad you liked the book. I'll have to put it on my potential TBR list.

:D

Amy ~Lover of Books~ | 400 comments Kimberly wrote: "Carlyn - Did you mean "19/06/2012" for your review date?

Amy - I think the review looks good. I'm glad you liked the book. I'll have to put it on my potential TBR list.

:D"

Thanks! It was hard writing it without spoiling it since it is book two in the series.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9