Delirity discussion

Author G > Black Ops - C. Gerard

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Have you tried these yet Heather? I keep looking at them, but haven't made an effort to actually read them.

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
I just finished the second one. I like them so far. I was sad that my husband didn't go to the library last night so I could start book 3. I'll have to wait until later tonight or tomorrow.
I'm trying the first Brockmann, but I'll a little ticked because she doesn't use real countries. US cities are fine for her, but they're unknown desert covered Middle Eastern countries when he's on assignment. I think she even makes up a country later in the series. (I'm not far enough in to know if I like the plot.)

message 4: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments How does these ones compare to Brockmann?

message 5: by Heather (last edited Jun 14, 2012 11:54PM) (new)

Don't know yet. Still early. Right now this one isn't quite an Op. He's gathering people.

message 6: by Heather (new)

Okay, still not done, but what I'm getting from book 1 of Brockmann is that it's very much a romance and the ops is secondary. Gerard's female characters tend to be along for the ride and you get more of the fighting, planning, etc. mixed in while romances build. Unsung Hero kind of flits into it a little bit, but instead of multiple scenes of danger, it's a build up to one big one. (Although, there are the flashbacks in UH, so maybe other books in the series are more similar.)

message 7: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I thought you had read all of the Brockmann ones.

message 8: by Heather (new)

Nope. I was just starting book 1. You recommended it to me about 2 or 3 weeks ago.