Debates of all sorts discussion

Other > Nook Color or Kindle Fire?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♥ Rachel♥, Hey, whoa, I'm a mod! (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) | 767 comments Mod
I know nothing about either, I think real books are the best always, but which do you prefer and why?

message 2: by Kirby (new)

Kirby | 132 comments yeah, I like having real books, too...although, at the moment I'm reading a ridiculously heavy book and it IS kind of a pain...

message 3: by Kev215 (new)

Kev215 | 3 comments Well I love real books. But its nice just having one thing that can carry books. I had a kindle a few months ago that completely stopped working.

message 4: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ I don't know much about the Nook Color, but I do have a Kindle Fire and I love it.

No, it doesn't replace physical books in my heart. There's always something satisfying about having a solid book and being able to turn the pages, etc. Plus there's no glare, and it doesn't run out of battery!

But there are a lot of benefits to having a Kindle as well:

- It's easier to transport from place to place because it's so thin.
- You can adjust the print size, font, etc. ... A lot of books bug me because they have an annoyingly small font size or an irritating font, so I really like having this simple feature.
- There are thousands of free books available on Amazon, especially classic ones. I think this makes reading classic literature more appealing to people with e-readers, so it could possibly improve the quality of what people read. Not to mention, recent studies have shown that more people are reading now than they used to, and this is partly attributed to the rise of the e-reader.

I don't think that e-readers should ever replace physical books, but I do like having both physical books and e-books because each has its benefits.