Making Connections discussion

ARCHIVES > # 12 - Justin Bienvenue - The Macabre Masterpiece: Poems of Horror and Gore (July 11 - 20th)

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tana (last edited Jun 28, 2012 08:27PM) (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 14679 comments Mod
The Macabre Masterpiece Poems of Horror and Gore by Justin Bienvenue

Book Tour

July 11th to July 20th.

[image error]

message 2: by Alana ~ The Book Pimp (last edited Jun 18, 2012 05:53PM) (new)

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 501 comments 11th ~ Rachael - Moosubi Reviews

http://www.moosubi.blogspot.com/

(Review/guest post or giveaway)

message 3: by Alana ~ The Book Pimp (last edited Jun 18, 2012 05:53PM) (new)

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 501 comments 12th ~ Charina M. Simeon (TheBookKeeper)

http://thebookkeepersblog.blogspot.com/

authors bio and excerpt

message 4: by Alana ~ The Book Pimp (last edited Jun 18, 2012 05:54PM) (new)

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 501 comments 13th ~ Trish

http://triciakristufek.com

(review/bio and excerpt)

message 5: by Alana ~ The Book Pimp (last edited Jun 18, 2012 05:55PM) (new)

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 501 comments 14th ~ Shut Up & Read Blog

http://shutupandreadgroup.blogspot.com/

message 6: by Alana ~ The Book Pimp (last edited Jun 18, 2012 05:56PM) (new)

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 501 comments 15th ~ Dark Obsession Chronicles

http://darkobsessionchronicles.blogsp...

message 7: by Alana ~ The Book Pimp (last edited Jun 18, 2012 05:57PM) (new)

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 501 comments 16th ~ Passionate Diva's Blog -

http://passionatebookdivas.com/

message 8: by Alana ~ The Book Pimp (last edited Jun 18, 2012 06:00PM) (new)

message 9: by Alana ~ The Book Pimp (last edited Jun 18, 2012 06:00PM) (new)

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 501 comments 18th ~ LS -

http://LSMurphy.com

(author interview excerpt)

message 10: by Alana ~ The Book Pimp (last edited Jun 18, 2012 06:00PM) (new)

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 501 comments 19th ~ Suzanne -

http://suzannevanrooyen.com/blog/

(interview/review)

message 11: by Alana ~ The Book Pimp (last edited Jun 18, 2012 06:01PM) (new)

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 501 comments 20th ~ Making Connections Blog

http://makingconnectionsgroup.blogspo...

message 12: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 785 comments I'm getting way too excited over this lmao! This looks good and I will go back to my information to make sure it's good for everyone :D woooo wooo!!!

message 13: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 785 comments I noticed people and blogs from the 14th to the 19th don't have how they wish to feature me on their blog,is this because they are undecided or it can be anything? Just curious.

I'm sure someone will fill me in about the details and information I will need to give to plan this out with everyone.

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 501 comments I know for the 15th and 16th- are you game for guest posts? I am the 'point of contact' for those two stops.

message 15: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 785 comments Yeah guest posts sounds fine, just what exactly will I be doing?

message 16: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 785 comments ALright, Rachael your about to be on the clock so whenever your ready, get a hold of me and let me know what you wanna do and I shall go onto your site and make it happen

message 17: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 785 comments So for my first stop it says a review/guestpost or giveaway yet when I go onto the site I see an author bio and excerpt..kinda confused here..it's not what it says and I wasn't informed..O.o

message 18: by Midu, wants to try muesli! (new)

Midu Hadi | 627 comments Mod
yeah, it says international giveaway at the end of the post but no rafflecopter form is given!

message 19: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 785 comments What's an international giveaway? No giveaways of any kind other than the copies Tana gave to the people who either wanted to review or are on the blog tour.

message 20: by Midu, wants to try muesli! (new)

Midu Hadi | 627 comments Mod
as in ebooks which can be emailed to readers everywhere. I'm sorry I didn't scroll down to see if there was a giveaway!

message 21: by Alana ~ The Book Pimp (last edited Jul 11, 2012 11:40AM) (new)

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 501 comments Initially, when she got with us she indicated "Review/guest post or giveaway"

and that's what I put on this thread just to indicate her preference.

As far as I understand, regardless on if a blog stop wants to do a giveaway, it must be 'approved' by the author. I understood there were no 'approved' giveaways for this tour, and was therefore anticipating a review from that particular stop.

Crap... there is an international giveaway listed. Crap in a handbasket... I'll email and see if I can find out what in heck is going on.

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 501 comments Justin wrote: "Yeah guest posts sounds fine, just what exactly will I be doing?"

Did you want to talk about what inspires you? Why you choose to write not only poetry, but horror poetry? For either Dark Obsession or Passionate Book Divas- sky is pretty much the limit on a guest post. We've had posts on the 'medicinal properties of Margarita therapy' and all kinds of crazy interview questions (like I have one coming up where I asked an author- nipples, or no nipples on the bat suit?)

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 501 comments And while Tana and I do our absolute best to make sure bloggers know what to put, when to put it, and relay that info to you... best laid plans can get mucked up, as it's the blogger themselves that makes the post. The only way they should be able to do a giveaway is if they are paying for a copy themselves to giveaway

message 24: by Alana ~ The Book Pimp (last edited Jul 11, 2012 11:41AM) (new)

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 501 comments OK... just reviewed at least the emails we sent out about your tour Justin, and in regard to giveaways, see below:

Attached is Jusin's Media Kit for his blog tour.

If you are interview or need a quest post from Justin for the blog tour please contact him directly at: amadeusanubis@netzero.net

About giveaways for your blog post you can email Justin to confirm if this is possible.

Any questions don't hesitate to email us back.

Thanks Everyone.

Tana & Alana

message 25: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 785 comments Alana, Thank You so much for answering my questions and clearing that up, I thought so about the giveaways but I just wanted to be sure. You and Tana from what I see do a great job in arranging and organizing this :)

As for my guest posts on your blogs hmm..I talk a little about what inspires me on my site maybe you could ask what inspired some of the poems as there are some interesting stories as to how some of them came to be and you said you've had crazy interviews maybe something creatively crazy or something cause why horror poetry? simple its what I had the most of and felt many would come to like but that's rather boring so I think we can spice it up a bit haha.

Thanks

message 26: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 14679 comments Mod
sorry just got home from work...long day trying to get caught up on my emails but thanks so much Alana for clearing that up.

message 27: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 785 comments Thank you ladies, so far so good. Day 1 went good. I liked what she had on her page and I loved the review and Im glad she enjoyed it, hopefully others will too, lets continue this woo woo!!

message 28: by Justin (last edited Jul 13, 2012 10:33AM) (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 785 comments So I read Tricia's review and honestly I am beyond insulted, offended, appalled and completely shocked..I feel it's based off of all that's negative and to be told I force rhyme..I'm sorry but NO..I don't force rhyme that's insulting my entire style of writing..I'm sorry I'm not perfect and if it seems I take poorly of a bad review which I wouldn't if it were oh I don't know substantial! ..I don't even want to acknowledge it but I don't want to hide behind it either..but I am not pleased and hopefully the rest of this tour will go more respectfully..

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 501 comments Okay Justin- I chose two poems specifically:

Rage of Hades
"I'm brutaly defacing anyone in my path
Myagenda is quite simple to cause chaos and wrath
My explanation for this well there isn't one
This just happens to be my definition of fun"

(Of all things this reminded my of my son when he shoved his younger brother because "he was bored.")

Zombies
I was amused specifically by the lines:
"Sometimes all it takes for them is one cough
And boom an arm or a leg falls off"

message 30: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 785 comments Alana (aka ◘Whiplash◘) wrote: "Okay Justin- I chose two poems specifically:

Rage of Hades
"I'm brutaly defacing anyone in my path
Myagenda is quite simple to cause chaos and wrath
My explanation for this well there isn't one
Th..."

Are these the poems you want me to talk about on one of the blogs?

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 501 comments Yes, if you can?

Or if it would be OK, then I could just put various quotes that I enjoyed.

message 32: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

message 33: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Kristufek | 15 comments According to Goodread Author Guidelines, authors should not "Question or otherwise argue with people who have given your work a bad review or low rating."

The criticism is of your work, not of you. By engaging in a public forum, you are making your personal issue a public spectacle. An objective review has nothing to do with respect; it has everything to do with evaluating the quality of the work.

My distaste for mushrooms has nothing to do with my respect for a chef that prepares a meal with them.

Please maintain a professional separation from your work.

message 34: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 785 comments Well that may apply to other people but I feel it is personal and criticism to me so yeah sorry. At least I ain't telling you to take it down I'm just saying I find it in bad taste and that's not a review its one sided garbage..you called it how you see it and I'm calling it how I see it.

I dont force rhyme and my book is alot better then you made it to be so yeah again..sorry.

message 35: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 785 comments Alana, that sounds fine. I'll write out my responses and then you want me to post them or send them to you?

message 36: by Sheri, Bookworm (new)

Sheri | 6340 comments Mod
Tricia is right that an author should not argue with reviewers about low reviews. A review is simply a person's opinion of the writing.

The review in question was well thought out and well written. It did not at all mention you as the author or attack you personally. It stated the reviewer's opinion on the writing and why she did not enjoy the book.

As a writer you need to learn to separate yourself from your books. Yes, you wrote them and I understand you have a very personal interest in them, but by making them public and asking people for an honest opinion you are going to get just that…honesty. Some people will like it, and some people will not. That's a fact. You're going to have to get use to it.

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 501 comments Justin wrote: "Alana, that sounds fine. I'll write out my responses and then you want me to post them or send them to you?"

send them to me loonyalana at gmail dot com

message 38: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 785 comments okay how is that review not attacking me? theres nothing positive, she accuses me of forcing rhyme and i have no problem with the fact of her expressing her opinion if it were substantial which i dont find it in the least. a review to me is talking about the book like the poems n stories plots n what not, not about the errors of spelling grammar and accusation of rhyme just cause it doesnt make sense to you.

message 40: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 785 comments Haha aww very nice!

message 42: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 785 comments Omg Alana I love how you put pictures in that relate to what is being discussed! This could be my favorite stop yet! :D

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 501 comments I had fun with it!

message 44: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 785 comments Tana, your on the clock! What are we doing for the day? :D