Darynda Jones Fans discussion

How Fans Stay Connected > Paranormal Books with Humor

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mel (last edited Jun 13, 2012 03:32PM) (new)

Mel | 829 comments Hey Everyone,

Stephanie recently checked out the Humorous Paranormal Book list and was dismayed to discover many on the list would not truly be considered funny.

Let's help Stephanie and anyone else interested out by creating another one of my lists.

Please provide me the name of the book or series, the author, and why you believe the books are funny.

Examples:

Charley Davidson Series by Darynda Jone; Cookie and Charlie's antics are hilarious.
Immortal After Dark Series by Kresely Cole; Nix is crazy and LOL funny.
Rachel Morgan Series by Kim Harrison; Jenks makes the most ridiculous remarks.

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Mel

message 2: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) Stephanie Rowe...Immortally Sexy-They are klutzy wonderful immortals
Kate MacAlister-All of her books have humor throughout
Lynsay Sands-The Argeneau Fammily, Romantic comedy. You can't read these without smiling
Dakota Cassidy-Accidental series...she's just flat out hilarious!
Molly Harper-Naked Werewolf-the titles say it all.
MaryJanice Davidson-everything she writes is funny...I'm talking LOL funny!
Michelle Bardsley-Broken Hearts, Oklahoma-Vampires and Werewolves and Humor. Oh MY!

Hope these help!

message 3: by Keren (new)

Keren (keren7) | 2 comments Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews; she is witty, smartass and funny.

message 4: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Thanks ladies! I'll create the list this weekend.

message 5: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments Charlaine Harris - Sookie novels used to be very funny (like up to the 8th or 9th book). A lot of humorous situations.
Thea Harrison - Elder Races, the dialogues between the main characters are quite funny (at least the first 2 books!).
Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman - "Good Omens" is about the end of the world spiced up with some funny and witty remarks.
Jeaniene Frost - I wouldn't forgive myself for not mentioning "Night Huntress" series because the wedding scene on the 2nd book made laugh so much!

I agree with Dakota Cassidy's Accidentals :)

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (thirstyflea) | 223 comments OMG Mel (and everyone), thank you so much!!!! I'll be contributing to the list asap!!

message 7: by Sunny (new)

Sunny (wkonsunshine) | 61 comments I really liked Dannika Dark's Mageri series: Sterling (Mageri, #1) by Dannika Dark and Twist (Mageri Series #2) by Dannika Dark . There are definitely some LOL moments in these books. Zoe is strong, impetuous, courageous, immature, and sassy.

Quote:
“My proctologist keeps in better touch than you do."
- Knox”

message 8: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) Sunny wrote: "I really liked Dannika Dark's Mageri series: Sterling (Mageri Series #1) by Dannika Dark and Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens. There are definitely some LOL moments in these books. Zoe is strong, impetuous, courageous, immature, and ..."

ROFLMAO...I'm gonna go check these out!!!

message 9: by Sunny (new)

Sunny (wkonsunshine) | 61 comments Cindy wrote: "Sunny wrote: "I really liked Dannika Dark's Mageri series: Sterling (Mageri Series #1) by Dannika Dark and Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens. There are definitely some LOL moments in these books. Zoe is strong, impetuous, courageous, ..."

I think they are on sale right now on Amazon for .99

message 10: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (thirstyflea) | 223 comments Nicole Peeler- Jane True series: Jane is clumsy, almost never says the right thing, is snarky, and has long conversations with her libido...

Chloe Neill- Chicagoland Vampire series: Meritt is snarky and witty

Molly Harper- Nice Girls series: Cindy mentioned the Naked Werewolf books, but her vampire series is hilarious- Jane was clumsy in life and even became a vamp in a clumsy way. She's witty and gets into the most hilarious situations!

message 11: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) I forgot about Jane True. Tempest's Fury is out in a few weeks! And Chloe Neill's Biting Cold is due out in August. I love how we all like similar reading genre!

message 12: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (thirstyflea) | 223 comments Cindy wrote: "I forgot about Jane True. Tempest's Fury is out in a few weeks! And Chloe Neill's Biting Cold is due out in August. I love how we all like similar reading genre!"

I love Jane True!! And I'm really excited about the upcoming release ;-)

Maybe we could put this series on a future DJ group read shelf...

message 13: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Cindy wrote: "I forgot about Jane True. Tempest's Fury is out in a few weeks! And Chloe Neill's Biting Cold is due out in August. I love how we all like similar reading genre!"

Cindy, that is why this group works so well...great minds and all! :p

message 14: by Keren (new)

Keren (keren7) | 2 comments I just bought the first book in the Jane True series. I hope I like it!

message 15: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) Keren wrote: "I just bought the first book in the Jane True series. I hope I like it!"

They are wonderful Keren...I did some reviews on these. If you ever wonder go to the book here on GoodReads and get the pros and cons. Enjoy!

message 16: by Sunny (new)

Sunny (wkonsunshine) | 61 comments Im going to jump in on this too. Book 1 Jane True

message 17: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 2 comments Have to add Semi-Charmed by Isabel Jordan by Isabel Jordan to the list. Also, anything by Molly Harper is always hilarious.