Goodreads Bizarro Authors discussion

Goodtreads for Bizarro Support

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Garrett Cook (new)

Garrett Cook | 14 comments Mod
I'm glad to see as many of us have been voting on the lists as have been. It makes people's work more prominent on the site. Perhaps we should start organizing some of these lists a la Amazon?

message 2: by Jordan (last edited Jan 09, 2009 03:24AM) (new)

Jordan | 2 comments Glad you brought that up, Garrett. I've mentioned time after time on the Bizarro board. I've always been a proponent of the Amazon lists and I think they will do more for exposure than the lists on Goodreads. However, there really are only a handful of people who take the time to make any lists on Amazon. I have quite a few lists and I probably listed just about every bizarro book (combined with more mainstream "weird" stuff) there is even if I haven't read it.. simply because I want the genre to get more readers.

I would say to any Bizarro readers.. do the authors a favor and vote on these lists, construct lists on Amazon and write reviews.

To Bizarro authors, I say the same. Help promote the other authors in the genre. It'll only help you, too. Don't be so self-absorbed and/or pessimistic about the usefulness of Amazon.

And lastly I'll say this for the tenth time: AMAZON REVIEWS AND LISTS DO HELP GET MORE READERS!
It may not be immediate but it happens. Those are exactly the ways that I've stumbled upon cool stuff I've never heard of before.

I apologize for the rant.

message 3: by Garrett Cook (new)

Jordan wrote: "Glad you brought that up, Garrett. I've mentioned time after time on the Bizarro board. I've always been a proponent of the Amazon lists and I think they will do more for exposure than the lists on..."

Good to bring up. Thanks, Jordan. Incidentally, there's a Dystopia list...

message 4: by Mykle (new)

Mykle | 1 comments The listopia lists are kind of more interesting than Amazon lists. Do you think this would translate to the Amazon universe?

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/31...

(p.s. go vote on it!)

message 5: by Garrett Cook (new)

Did so. You show that windowclinging lasagnaloving so and so who's boss. And by that I mean Cormac McCarthy. That guy's got a permanent case of the Mondays.

message 6: by Kek-w (new)

Kek-w Kek-w (kekw) | 5 comments I'll start kicking up some dust more and help promote things a bit more, once I've cleared some stuff off my desk. I'll put a few things up on my blog, etc. Hopefully, an interview with Tom Bradley'll be appearing soon. I'll try'n help spread the word best I can.

message 7: by Garrett Cook (new)

That would be great. Godspeed, man.