The Sword and Laser discussion

Apostrophien
This topic is about Apostrophien
Author Promo (Share Your Stuff!) > Naked self-promotion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andy (last edited Jun 14, 2012 12:32PM) (new) - added it

Andy Channelle (andychannelle) | 5 comments So I spent ages thinking about writing this book, then spent ages writing it, and then published it. I reckon that, almost without exception, *you* would enjoy it.

It's a short novel about a girl growing up on an isolated community in 1511. She makes a discovery about her life, community and future that changes everything.

I started by thinking: what would it be like to be the last girl in the world with the knowledge that, if you had a good, long life, you'd end up being the last person in the world, and would die alone.

Cheery, eh. It's had one very good review on Amazon so far, and my friends and family who have read it said it stayed in their minds long after the last page. It's priced about the same as a decent cup of coffee.

It's a science fiction novel set 500 years ago.

message 2: by aldenoneil (new)

aldenoneil | 1000 comments Very cool idea. I don't want to die alone.

message 3: by PJ (new)

PJ White | 12 comments Hi All,

My book entitled Ashen (Black Dawn, Book One) is a Sci-Fi Adventure/Horror with a supernatural twist and should appeal to anyone who liked Event Horizon or Predator.
Currently $0.99 on Amazon! Links below.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Z3QZ5O
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007Z3QZ5O

Rgds

Pete

message 4: by terpkristin (new)

terpkristin | 4142 comments Pete, why don't you create a separate thread for your book instead of jumping into another author's thread? There is an entire subsection here for author self-promotion...

message 5: by Andy (new) - added it

Andy Channelle (andychannelle) | 5 comments Well, I didn't want to say anything...

But it's alright. Might be more readers find my good read. And these interventions also bump this thread up.

message 6: by PJ (new)

PJ White | 12 comments Apologies Andy..
I foolishly missed the self promo area. I thought this was it.. Feel rather silly now..

Like the idea of your book and will definitely check it out..

Best regards

Pete

message 7: by Andy (new) - added it

Andy Channelle (andychannelle) | 5 comments Definitely no worries. The more the merrier.