Sentence Story Group discussion

Stories > It's Kinda a Long Story (Story #2)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 175 (175 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Monica (last edited Jun 19, 2012 05:06PM) (new)

Monica | 280 comments Mod
((This is a story that's not fantasy. Along the lines of Sarah Dessen, just modern day stuff.))

I let out a sharp gasp as I felt my body get slammed against the school lockers.

Point Of View: First Person

message 2: by Violent Vi (new)

Violent Vi (violetk) | 149 comments "Pig nose." Jenna sneered as she walked past me with her followers. So that's what my new nickname was this this week.

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily "Why do you have to be like that, Jenna?" The voice came from somewhere to my right. Was someone standing up for me? That couldn't possibly be it, could it?

message 4: by Monica (new)

"Gosh, David." Jenna whined. "We all know nobody likes her. Even you don't."

David crossed his arms. "I never said that."

While Jenna and David are having one of those relationship arguments, I sneek away before Jenna can do anything else to me.

message 5: by Violent Vi (new)

Violent Vi (violetk) | 149 comments "If that's it fine David, we're through!" Jenna yelled. "Well, maybe not over..." I rolled my eyes and turned to watched them engage in a kiss. I winced.

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily "What was that all about, Macy?" My best friend Bella was coming towards me as I continued to my locker.

message 7: by Violent Vi (new)

Violent Vi (violetk) | 149 comments "Ughh, the usual with Jenna." I said, grabbing my math book, pencil, notebook and folder for math then shut my locker. "At least we're making cookies in home ec. Otherwise, I'd die." I looked back at David.

message 8: by Monica (new)

David looked at me too, but then Jenna pulled him away for another kiss.

"What are you looking at, Macy?" Bella asked, looking in the direction I was staring.

message 9: by Violent Vi (new)

Violent Vi (violetk) | 149 comments "N-nothing Bella. C'mon let's get to math, you know Mr. Parkensen." I replied, blowing a strand of my white-blonde hair out of my eyes.

message 10: by Monica (new)

Bella linked her arm with mine and we walked to class together. I'm so glad to have at least one best friend who will always cheer me up, no matter what.

message 11: by Violent Vi (new)

Violent Vi (violetk) | 149 comments "Today I'll have you doing...." I watched David from the back row. He was perfect, cute, nice, funny, the whole package. Yet he was Jenna, the total opposite.

message 12: by Emily (new)

Emily David glanced back at me, as if he knew I was staring and I quickly moved my gaze to the teacher.

message 13: by Monica (new)

"Mr. Carlson," yelled Mr. Parkensen to David, who was still turned around, looking at me.

David quickly turned to face the teacher. "Yes, sir?"

message 14: by Emily (last edited Jun 19, 2012 05:25PM) (new)

Emily "Are you paying attention to the lesson, or is something distracting you back there?" Mr. Parkensen tapped his fingers on the desk in front of him.

I saw the back of David's ears go red. Why had he been looking at me? Did I have a booger hanging out of my nose or something?

message 15: by Violent Vi (new)

Violent Vi (violetk) | 149 comments I pinched my nose and peeled it away, looking if there was a booger, but there wasn't. I saw Jenna staring at me with her cold, ice blue eyes that sent shivers down my spin. I shuddered and returned my gaze to Mr. Parkensen.

message 16: by Emily (new)

Emily Once class was finally over, Bella ran over to me.

"Macy! There's a party Friday night. We are so going!"

message 17: by Monica (new)

"Awe Bell, do we have to."

"I hate it when you call me Bell." Bella complained as she nudged me in the rib. "And to answer your question, yes, yes we are going. I mean, how could we not, Macy!

message 18: by Emily (new)

Emily "Well, I mean I guess--" I stopped talking abrubtly when Bella started shouting to someone across the hall.

"Hey, Luke, will you be Macy's date for the party Friday night?"

Luke stopped and looked at us. I recognized him from my science class.

"Bella, don't," I hissed.

message 19: by Monica (new)

"Uhm, are you talking to me? I don't even know you guys very well," said Luke, confused.

"Yeah," said Bella, walking over to him. "She needs a date. You look perfect to take on that role."

message 20: by Violent Vi (new)

Violent Vi (violetk) | 149 comments I glared at Bella and rolled my eyes.

"You can go now Luke." I said, shooing him off.

When he was gone I turned to Bella. "What are you doing, I don't need you to be my Match dot com!"

message 21: by Emily (last edited Nov 26, 2012 02:34PM) (new)

Emily She shrugged, "Well, I thought you'd want to go if you had a date."

message 22: by Violent Vi (new)

Violent Vi (violetk) | 149 comments "Not with Luke." I hissed. "I barely even know the guy! I'd much rather go with my friend than Luke."

message 23: by Monica (new)

"Why don't you ever want to have fun?" Bella questioned. "It's what high school is all about!"

message 24: by Emily (new)

Emily "Fine, I'll go! Just so you can shut up about it," I grinned. "But I'm not going with a date or anybody. Just you."

message 25: by Violent Vi (new)

Violent Vi (violetk) | 149 comments Bella rolled her eyes at me. "And what if I get a date?" She asked me. "Then I guess I'll fly solo." I shrugged, heading towards my locker.

message 26: by Emily (new)

Emily "Oh," A snotty voice sounded behind me. I turned to find Jenna standning with a hand on her hip, and David at her side. "You will definitely be going solo, I mean who--"

David cut her off. "Come on, don't be nasty about it. I bet a lot of people are going solo."

I just stood there, staring.

Jenna grabbed David's arm and said angrily, "Why do you always stick up for her?" She was trying to be discreet, but I still heard.

message 27: by Violent Vi (new)

Violent Vi (violetk) | 149 comments "Maybe because he's not an a**hole like you Jenna!" I said, all the anger in my body oozing out like a volcano. My noses were definitely flared and my glarre was an evil one.

message 28: by Emily (new)

Emily I saw Bella's jaw dropped open in the corner of my eye.

"Excuse me?" Jenna took a step closer to me.

message 29: by Monica (last edited Dec 09, 2012 04:13PM) (new)

I swallowed my pride, and was about to spit out another comeback, when Jenna started charging towards me full force. Before I had time to react, an arm flug out and held Jenna back. I looked over to see David trying to pull Jenna away from me. I stared at David as he gave me an apologetic smile.

message 30: by Violent Vi (last edited Dec 18, 2012 08:04PM) (new)

Violent Vi (violetk) | 149 comments "Ughh, that is IT! I am done with you," She said, pointing at David. "and I am sure as hell done with you!" She said, coming up at me and breathing her horrid breath straight in my face, making my eyes water.

message 31: by Emily (new)

Emily "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning," Bella whispered under her breath, and I stiffled a giggle as Jenna stormed down the hallway.

message 32: by Violent Vi (new)

Violent Vi (violetk) | 149 comments "Hey Macy, you ok?" David asked, walking over. "As fine as I'll ever be." I said with a huff.

message 33: by Monica (last edited Dec 20, 2012 03:07PM) (new)

David laughed and ran his fingers through his hair.

message 34: by Violent Vi (new)

Violent Vi (violetk) | 149 comments "David will you go to the dance with Macy?" Bella butted in. "Bella!" I exclaimed.

message 35: by Monica (new)

My heart thumped rapidly in my chest and I felt my cheeks blush. So many thoughts raced through my mind. What would he say. I never thought this question would actually be asked before. I've liked him for so long that I can't even think about what I would do if he didnt like me back.

message 36: by Violent Vi (new)

Violent Vi (violetk) | 149 comments David went red. "I-um, sure. Yeah, definitely." He said, his hand on his neck. "Really, t-that's great! See you then!" I said, happier than ever.

message 37: by Emily (last edited Dec 22, 2012 10:58AM) (new)

Emily The bell rang then for the next period and he walked down the hallway after giving me a little smile. Then I realized something.
"Hey, Bella? But isn't David going with Jenna?"

message 38: by Violent Vi (new)

Violent Vi (violetk) | 149 comments "Well, they just broke up." Bella said, heading for her next class, geography. I headed to science.

message 39: by Monica (new)

I grinned like an idiot for the rest of the school day.

message 40: by Grlpwr00 (new)

Grlpwr00 | 165 comments When I got home i finished my homework and went shopping with Bella. Afterall i had a date to the party on friday!

message 41: by Grlpwr00 (new)

Grlpwr00 | 165 comments "How about this dress Bella?" In my hand i held a blue, spparkly dress that had a balck bow around the waist area.

message 42: by Emily (new)

Emily "That's a nice one!" Bella exclaimed.

message 43: by Monica (new)

"...But I think we can do better." Bella continued.

"Yeah? You think? I mean this one is really great though." I said to Bella.

"Well of course we can do better, silly. You have to look your best since you are going with David!" Bella almost screamed his name.

message 44: by Grlpwr00 (new)

Grlpwr00 | 165 comments The store clerk came over and passed me a purple and black dress. the top being purple and the bottom black

message 45: by Violent Vi (last edited Dec 31, 2012 02:05PM) (new)

Violent Vi (violetk) | 149 comments I tried it on and showed Bella. She shook her head and I blew a piece of hair out of my face. I pulled a light green one off a rack that matched my eyes. (view spoiler)

message 46: by Grlpwr00 (new)

Grlpwr00 | 165 comments "That is definetly the one Macy!" Bella screamed and then grabbed a matching pink one of the rack

message 47: by Violent Vi (new)

Violent Vi (violetk) | 149 comments We squealed like littl girls together and went to the register. "That'll be $47.63." The cashier girl said, sounding a little annoyed.

message 48: by Monica (new)

"Uh, Bella," I said slowly. "I only have 30."

"No worries," said Bella, handing over the cash like it was nothing. "What are friends for, right?"

message 49: by Grlpwr00 (new)

Grlpwr00 | 165 comments "Right." to be honest though i did feel a little guilty that she spent her money on me. but i guess i didn't ask

message 50: by Violent Vi (new)

Violent Vi (violetk) | 149 comments Bella drove me to my house. "See ya tomorrow Macy!" She waved a goodbye and drove off down the street. I watched her drive off and as she was turning a corner, a car slammed into the front of her car. "Bella!" I screamed.

« previous 1 3 4