Fantasy Book Club Series discussion

Mistborn > Alloy of Law--Planning to read? First Impressions?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (last edited Jun 13, 2012 09:27AM) (new)

Maggie K | 1202 comments Mod
Our next read starts in 2 days! WHo is planning to join in?

I started this a couple days ago...it's amazing how the world of Vin and Elend and Spook has changed!

message 2: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonmoss) | 706 comments I read this a couple of weeks ago. I don't think I remembered to write a review though. I enjoyed it. Looking forward to the discussions.

message 3: by Mark (new)

Mark (Razorcraft1956) | 2 comments Sorry Mates, I have already finished this great book so I do not wish to give away any spoilers. Except maybe one. Someone from "The Mistborn" is still with us in "Alloy of Law" (it is not Vin, Elend, or Sazed). Good hunting.

message 4: by Guy (new)

Guy Sciancalepore | 3 comments I would love to engage in this reading with you fine fellows but alas, my bank account screams at me enough as it is. Happy reading!

message 5: by Donna (new)

Donna | 10 comments Ah, an excellent book. Love the new characters of Wax and Wayne. Enjoy.

message 6: by Ena (last edited Jun 13, 2012 09:07PM) (new)

Ena (enantoiel) | 36 comments So far, I like the book. I like how names of places and things are related to the characters of first three books. Name of the city Elendel always makes me smile. Waxillium, though it's a weird name for a main character, and Wayne have a constant banter I enjoy to read.

message 7: by Traci (new)

Traci I've read this twice. Probably won't again right now. But I loved it so who knows. Anyone reading it for the first time just keep in mind it's different than Mistborn. It's lighter and fun, like an old fashioned sword and sorcery book.

message 8: by Heidi (new)

Heidi I'll be reading this for the first time in a week or two when I finish my current book.

message 9: by Matt (new)

Matt Mancini | 2 comments Love the Mistborn books. Just started it and I'm already sucked in.

..."Wax"...

What a cool name for a character, lol.

message 10: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new)

Maggie K | 1202 comments Mod
i know-wax and wane like the moon?

message 11: by mussolet (new)

mussolet (sovotchka) I'm joining this read. Although I have to say that I haven't read parts II and III of Mistborn, so I might be missing information, but that's alright.

message 12: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 61 comments Ended up unexpectedly reading this earlier this week. Loved getting back to Scadrial and seeing what Sanderson envisioned for how the world would change after Vin & co.

Also very much appreciating that I can enjoy everyone else's thoughts even two months later.