City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones discussion

Jace is a victim of circumstances

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Margarita I feel like Jace has been a victim throughout the series. He's always getting blame for things that are not his fault or is either being hurt by the choices other people make that somehow always involve him. I feel like sometimes his the protagonist of the story, dont you guys think? I feel likes he's always misunderstood by people just cause of the way he acts. People tend to forget that it was the way Valentine brought him up. All the pain that he inflicted on Jace when he was just a little kid was bound to leave some damaged. In reality, he is a sweet dependable guy who even though he was brought up the way he was brought up, he'll stick up for his friends and Clary even if it means dying in the process!Gotta love Jace!

Nicole I like Jace but the thing is I don't like Clary. For me she's like Bella.

message 3: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee I definitely dont think Clary is anything like Bella, Clary isn't shy, or helplesss she's strong willed, and I dont think shes shy at all. But as for Jace I think he is the main victim in this series, however I think in the next he might not be as much, we shall see.

Mimi ❤ Margarita wrote: "I feel like Jace has been a victim throughout the series. He's always getting blame for things that are not his fault or is either being hurt by the choices other people make that somehow always in..."

I would probably feel bad also, but Clare had done all this to jace in order to make him ever "hotter" because YA authors love brooding torchered boys. so that only makes him less likable

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree that he was the victim, but he was kind of a jerk as well. I get that it was the way he was raised and all, but sometimes he was just mean and took things out on others too much.

message 6: by Ria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ria Jace is just a victim. To be honest, i think considering how he was brought up, he could have been a lot worse. He's a herondale, of course he has the ability to be painfully sarcastic :) but underneath the wall he made around himself, he's a great person. I'm not sure about clary. she's annoys me sometimes and i love her other times.....

Kate i think early on in the series you see an immature jace who only thinks of what he wants but as clary gets to know him better he begins to grow up a bit more and we see a jace who would put his life on the line or those he loves.
he is the character that has all the crap dumped on him time after time. and i think that in the later books it's kind of sebatians' fault that jace is victimised the most!!!!