The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2) The Golden Lily discussion

Oh my God!! The Golden Lily. What did you think??? *Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-50 of 324 (324 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Miranda The Golden Lily was so freakin' amazing!! What did you guys think?? Personally my favorite part was when Adrian kisses Sydney. I was literally celebrating.

Jennifer That was awesome but sad! I was proud of Adrian taking the chance but I knew Sydney wasn't ready. I knew she would reject him and break his poor heart! Brayden was hilarious though. They went on such super nerd dates LOL

S.L.J. I really liked it but I was expecting a little more tension between Adrian and Dimitri. They just sort of ignored each other and Dimitri never even tried to apologize.

message 4: by Jennifer (last edited Jun 13, 2012 05:46AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer S.L.J. wrote: "I really liked it but I was expecting a little more tension between Adrian and Dimitri. They just sort of ignored each other and Dimitri never even tried to apologize."

I agree! I thought Dimitri would mention it or apologize but they just acted like it didn't happen. In fact I thought Dimitri was rude commenting about Adrian's work ethic after what happened. They are not friends. You can't say a joke or put someone down like that after stealing their girlfriend!

Veronica I hate sydney :(

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Veronica wrote: "I hate sydney :("

I hate Sydney too.

S.L.J. I thought the moments where Jill was crushing on Sydney because of the bond hilarious. :D

Courtney Did anyone else notice how Adrian keeps surrounding himself with yellow (the apartment and car), like Sydney's aura. He's soo cute.

Kela Esther Omg, I thought the book was pretty awesome, but it made me sad how Adrian and Sydney can't be together. :)

Miranda Eve wrote: "I really liked the book, and all the way through I was like Adrian and Sydney NEED to kiss. I loved Sydeny in the first book but now I am so sad that she just walked away. After all that, she left...."

definitely agree that Sydney was being dumb in the end. i'm willing to bet that Sydney will eventually come around and Adrian will still love her even though she's freaking out about the whole "vampires are evil creatures" thing. Adrian stuck around for Rose for a long time book 2-6 so he'll do the same for Sydney.

Miranda was anyone surprised about the Warriors of Light cult? they're worse than the Alchemists by a long shot

S.L.J. Miranda wrote: "was anyone surprised about the Warriors of Light cult? they're worse than the Alchemists by a long shot"

I was surprised that they are kinda stupid. All humans seem to be shown in a very bad light in this series and VA.

Brittany I personally thought the book was amazing. I'm not surprised that she ran away at the end, think about, all her life she was taught that all vampires were evil and even though she likes Adrian, if the Alchemists fine out she's FRIENDS with him, let alone DATING him, she'd be sent to a re-education center at the snap of her fingers. Of course she freaked out.

It never even dawned on me that he was getting things yellow because of her aura until Courtney mentioned it. And Jill crushing on Sydney made me laugh, I thought it was cute.

I personally don't get why some people don't like Sydney. I like her character and I get why she is the way she is. I like that she has insecurities (like her weight) because most girls are like that, I think it's totally believable. I don't find her boring at the least, I like that she's smart.

Oh, and I LOVED the slushies after they went to see Adrian's dad. I was like "Oh my god, that's SUGAR! Adrian she LOVES you!" She'll come around, I think she's going to find Marcus and eventually do what he did (whatever that is) to get out of the Alchemists. That's my guess.

Last thing, Adrian made me swoon through the whole last chapter, practicably everything that came out of his mouth made me think "Oh my, if Sydney doesn't jump his bones I sure will."

Miranda Yes, good call on the yellow things that Adrian got, Courtney :)

I also agree with Brittany. I like Sydney. I always thought that her lack of social cues were cute like when that guy asked her out and she didn't get it. I do like that she's not perfect and she feels insecure about her body image. I KNOW that body image doesn't matter at all but I'm pretty insecure about it like most girls. I love that Adrian pays attention and DOES something about the weight anxiety. I feel that guys don't really say something about those kinds of things or they do but in a negative way. But I know I'm not friends with a lot guys and feel nervous around them so I don't have a really good perspective (that's why I have my fictional boyfriends like Adrian Ivashkov).

Does anyone know an estimated guess to when Bloodlines #3 comes out. I know books take a long time.

Debbie I loved it! Adrian grew on me if that was even possible. I was so proud of him in this book since he went through a lot of those changes that made him a better person. And the fact that he's proud of himself too! I was so shocked at the end, but I can see why Sydney did what she did... though it doesn't make me feel any better. I was ready to throw the book in frustration.

S.L.J. I heard somewhere that Bloodlines 3 is out in January but I can't be sure about that.

Michaela I loved The Golden Lily. I love the fact that Sydney and Adrian both understand each other more better than anyone else.

Did anyone else feel really bad for Sydney near the end when Adrian, Dimitri and the rest didn't include her in their plan?

Miranda I'm really happy that Adrian has Sydney who can see and believe that he's more than people give him credit for. I did feel bad for Sydney but it was for her own safety and Adrian didn't follow orders to stay behind, rather saving Sydney. I forgot to add that I love the comments Jill makes about Sydney about how beautiful she is from the spirit bond.

I'll be really surprised if Bloodlines 3 comes out in January. It seems unlikely but if that is the plan, I by no means complaining about that :)

message 19: by Kristy (last edited Jun 13, 2012 11:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristy I love Sydney and Adrian. I love them more than Rose and Dmitri. I fell in love with Adrian when we first met him in VA. I fell even more in love with him in this book. They way he sticks up for Sydney, the way he does little things that shows he likes her and she is so oblivious is sweet. Though Sydney doesn't realize it but she does the same thing for adrian. I love the car scenes and the last chapter of the book.

Adrian understands what she is going through hence the reason why he isn't really forcing her to do something she doesn't want to do. The reason why he isn't forceful. He knows he just needs to break her barrier little by little and then he will have her mind body and soul.

When that moment happens I cannot wait to see both of them happy and in love.

message 20: by Lynn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynn Courtney wrote: "Did anyone else notice how Adrian keeps surrounding himself with yellow (the apartment and car), like Sydney's aura. He's soo cute."

LMAO I didn't even put that together until you just now pointed that out...lol and now I want to swoon over Adrian.

message 21: by Lynn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynn Was it just me or was that tattoo that Marcus had on his cheek a possible way out of or to hide himself from the Alchemist? When she described it reminded me of the tattoo's the kids were getting in the last book for power. That tattoo might have the power to block the Alchemist... maybe?

Brittany Michaela wrote: "Did anyone else feel really bad for Sydney near the end when Adrian, Dimitri and the rest didn't include her in their plan? "

I did. I got why they didn't tell her but I still felt bad.

Lynn wrote: "Was it just me or was that tattoo that Marcus had on his cheek a possible way out of or to hide himself from the Alchemist? When she described it reminded me of the tattoo's the kids were getting i..."

How could getting a tattoo to cover up the lily really block him from the Alchemists? I mean if I was one and saw someone walking down the street with a huge tattoo on their left cheek, I'd wonder if they trying to hide one, if I knew people left being an Alchemist (like Donna Stanton, I'm sure she knew about Marcus)

message 23: by M. (new) - rated it 4 stars

M. Brittany wrote: "I personally thought the book was amazing. I'm not surprised that she ran away at the end, think about, all her life she was taught that all vampires were evil and even though she likes Adrian, if ..."

Totally agree. The way Sydney reacted was totally within norm of her character. If Adrian didn't push her she would never come around and admit that she loves him. So she needed the initial shock.
Yes, Sydney still has racist tendencies towards vampires but she is coming around and realizing that you can't judge people by race.
I really liked the Golden Lily. I thought it was the most romantic book Richelle has written so far. There were some aspects I didn't enjoy like Angeline's presence (honestly I thought she was a waste of space and her presence really didn't make any sense). Sonya also got on my nerves. So I didn't give the book 5 stars.

Brittany Michelle wrote: "Brittany wrote: "I personally thought the book was amazing. I'm not surprised that she ran away at the end, think about, all her life she was taught that all vampires were evil and even though she ..."

I actually liked Angeline, she grew on me throughout the book. Though when her and Eddie said they were going to go on a date I was like "O.o No, you *ss you're Jill's!" I'm hoping that Angeline and Eddie don't work out. She can have Trey. I think he'll come around and (hopefully) forget about the whole "warrior of light" crap. I want Eddie and Jill to end up together.

Sonya (and Dimitri) only got on my nerves when they pressured Sydney to give blood but Adrian made up for that when he's stuck up for her. I was like "Adrian, you better watch it, I love my men fierce like that" lol

message 25: by M. (last edited Jun 14, 2012 12:21PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

M. Brittany wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Brittany wrote: "I personally thought the book was amazing. I'm not surprised that she ran away at the end, think about, all her life she was taught that all vampires were evil and..."

Yes, that was exactly why I didn't care about Sonya, because she was pushing Sydney. But it was worth it so Adrian could take Sydney's side.
My problem with Angeline was that her character didn't make much sense to the plot. She is not a guardian, Eddie has to train her and worst, she can't blend in. So she is just making life more complicated for the rest of the gang. What happened to the myriad of young guardians who went to school with Eddie and Rose? Are you telling me that there is no one that they can trust? I find that hard to believe. Besides, who is to say Angeline is truth worthy? What do they know about her? So that was my main problem really and the fact that now there is a love triangle involving her, Jill, and Eddie. Gag me. It seems you can't write a YA book without adding a lame love triangle nowadays.

message 26: by Manu (new) - rated it 5 stars

Manu I was so happy when Adrian addressed Sydney's eating disorder. I hope we get to see her overcoming this in the next book.

Brittany Michelle wrote: "Brittany wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Brittany wrote: "I personally thought the book was amazing. I'm not surprised that she ran away at the end, think about, all her life she was taught that all vampi..."

Well if you think about it, since Angeline is part of the "keepers" she could care less about the council and she has no reason to tell anyone where Jill is, same with her family, they don't care about all that politics so they have nothing to gain.

I'm sure there are Dhampirs out there that could be persuaded by Morois that want to get rid of Jill, so Lissa cannot be queen anymore, where Jill is to get rid of her. Unfortantunely, I'm sure that people would sell her out for money, maybe not you, or me, but if someone is desperate enough, or if Moroi's threaten their families, I'm sure they would.

Of course I could be way off, but that's personally what I think. Who can you really trust when someone's life is at stake?

And I personally don't mind the small love triangle. Maybe since I don't really read much YA I don't really see it as much. The only series that I read that are YA are the "wings" series and this one. I usually don't like YA books, and not because of love triangles.

message 28: by Manu (new) - rated it 5 stars

Manu Michelle wrote: "Brittany wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Brittany wrote: "I personally thought the book was amazing. I'm not surprised that she ran away at the end, think about, all her life she was taught that all vampi..."

I think they brought Angeline to Amberwood because Rose must have suggested it. Remember that at the end of LS she felt bad for leaving Angeline behind? That must be it! :)

I loved Angeline in TGL! I'm hoping she gets together with Eddie in the end. Jill is boring and it annoys me that Eddie puts her in a pedestal. I mean she's not a saint, c'mon!

message 29: by M. (last edited Jun 14, 2012 03:07PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

M. I think Angeline and Eddie are supposed to be a mini Rose and a mini Dimitri. Since I can't stand those two since LS and I don't care much about Angeline and Eddie and their 'budding' romance.
As for persuasion, anyone can be bought including a person like Angeline. Just because she was a Keeper doesn't mean anything. She wanted out of that life style and she is known to be unpredictable so I don't think she is above suspicion. I'm not saying she will betray anyone but I'm just pointing out that I don't buy the reasoning behind her presence in the story at all. Maybe the Keepers as a whole will play a bigger role in the series and Angeline is just the link. Then I might change my mind.
About Eddie and Angeline together I find it really hard to believe that Eddie, being as responsible and all about duty first as he is would even consider taking Angeline out of campus on a date and leave Jill unprotected. That is one of the things about Richelle's writing that I dislike. She has the tendency to make her characters a bunch of hypocrites just to serve the purpose of her plot. The same thing about Sydney's reaction to Moroi magic. Her skin crawls every time she witness them performing magic but she has no problem having a tattoo on her face mixed with Moroi blood that gives her enhanced abilities through their magic?
Humm, thinking about what I just wrote, I believe that is exactly what is going to happen. Eddie and Angeline will be on a date and something will happen to Jill. A Moroi will recognize her from the picture and she will end up being kidnapped.

message 30: by Jennifer (last edited Jun 14, 2012 10:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer Mark your calendars! Just in time to have Adrian for V DAY!

The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines #3)
February 12, 2013!

message 31: by Brie (new) - rated it 4 stars

Brie ^ yes! I thought we were going to have wait an entire year. Can't wait:)

Miranda super excited :)

Gargi Eve wrote: "I really liked the book, and all the way through I was like Adrian and Sydney NEED to kiss. I loved Sydeny in the first book but now I am so sad that she just walked away. After all that, she left...."

My reaction was similar to yours. I cudn't believe that Sydney actually walked away. I can't wait 4 the next buk.

Brittany Michelle wrote: "I think Angeline and Eddie are supposed to be a mini Rose and a mini Dimitri. Since I can't stand those two since LS and I don't care much about Angeline and Eddie and their 'budding' romance.
As f..."

About Eddie and Angeline going on a date, I thought they said they'd go on a date AFTER this whole thing was finished with since they're "cousins" and that'd be weird. I could be wrong but I thought I read that. lol

And I was excited to find out Indigo Spell is less than a year away. Though now I want to go to Walmart because I was told those copies have the first chapter of it in the back... Though that'd be teasing myself.

And for those of you that haven't liked the official Bloodlines page on facebook, here is the first chapter for the next book:

This wasn’t the first time I’d been pulled out of bed for a crucial mission. It was, however, the first time I’d been subjected to such a personal line of questioning.
“Are you a virgin?”

Brittany Melissa wrote: "Manu wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Brittany wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Brittany wrote: "I personally thought the book was amazing. I'm not surprised that she ran away at the end, think about, all her life..."

There could be a way that all three of them could be happy. Eddie could end up with Jill and Angeline with Trey. Because obv. he's not done in this series yet and he did show interest in her. Or maybe even the complete opposite. Angeline with Eddie and Jill with Trey.

message 36: by S.L.J. (last edited Jun 15, 2012 07:21AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

S.L.J. Brittany wrote: "Michelle wrote: "I think Angeline and Eddie are supposed to be a mini Rose and a mini Dimitri. Since I can't stand those two since LS and I don't care much about Angeline and Eddie and their 'buddi..."

Where? I can't see it?

Brittany S.L.J. wrote: "Brittany wrote: "Michelle wrote: "I think Angeline and Eddie are supposed to be a mini Rose and a mini Dimitri. Since I can't stand those two since LS and I don't care much about Angeline and Eddie..."

Are you talking about the first chapter for book #3? Someone mentioned that when they bought it at Walmart it had the first chapter in the back on the book. I don't how that's possible since they weren't even allow to say that the title of book #3 was until yesterday. Whenever I go to Walmart I'll go to the book section and look. Though sometimes Walmart doesn't carry books for a while.

message 38: by M. (last edited Jun 15, 2012 07:40AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

M. Brittany wrote: "Michelle wrote: "I think Angeline and Eddie are supposed to be a mini Rose and a mini Dimitri. Since I can't stand those two since LS and I don't care much about Angeline and Eddie and their 'buddi..."

What I understood was that he was planning on taking Angeline on a date out of campus because they are supposed to be 'cousins' so it's implied they would still be protecting Jill. I think what he meant with 'when this is finished' he was referring to the mess with the vampire hunters.
Eddie and Angeline have to let their guard down at one point so Jill can pay the price for her stupidity for letting Lia take her picture. Gosh, Jill bugs me a lot. You would think the girl would have more regard for her own safety after the fact that she had already been killed once. Just freaking grow up already! She used to be more likeable in VA.
I think Trey will end up betraying Sydney so he can go back to the vampire hunters. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets killed at some point.
It's unlikeable that Eddie and Angeline will end up together. Eddie is just using her to try to forget about his feelings towards Jill. It's the reversed love triangle we had in VA.

Brittany Michelle wrote: "Brittany wrote: "Michelle wrote: "I think Angeline and Eddie are supposed to be a mini Rose and a mini Dimitri. Since I can't stand those two since LS and I don't care much about Angeline and Eddie..."

Ah, yes they could mean that. But if Eddie does go on the date with Angeline while still in Palm Springs, you would think he'd take precautions and have Sydney, Adrian, or Dimitri (since I'm guessing he'll be in the next book) watch her for a night. But I could see her getting caught.

message 40: by M. (new) - rated it 4 stars

M. Brittany wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Brittany wrote: "Michelle wrote: "I think Angeline and Eddie are supposed to be a mini Rose and a mini Dimitri. Since I can't stand those two since LS and I don't care much about A..."

She needs to get caught and Eddie needs to feel very guilty about it. Ha, love the drama!

Brittany Michelle wrote: "Brittany wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Brittany wrote: "Michelle wrote: "I think Angeline and Eddie are supposed to be a mini Rose and a mini Dimitri. Since I can't stand those two since LS and I don't ..."

Though if that does happen I can see Eddie going (when they get her back since I doubt she'll kill off Jill) "I need to be with her and tell her how I feel. losing her made me realize just how much she means to me and how little Angeline means to me." You know, something along those lines. And even though I like Eddie and Jill, if (when?) that happens I'll probably roll my eyes. Hopefully it's not that corny sounding though.

message 42: by Lynn (last edited Jun 15, 2012 08:52AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynn Jennifer wrote: "Mark your calendars! Just in time to have Adrian for V DAY!

The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines #3)
February 12, 2013!"

Interesting book name!
It makes me think my theory could be a definite possibility.

message 43: by M. (last edited Jun 15, 2012 08:14AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

M. Brittany wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Brittany wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Brittany wrote: "Michelle wrote: "I think Angeline and Eddie are supposed to be a mini Rose and a mini Dimitri. Since I can't stand those two sinc..."

Yes, I was thinking on the same lines. I hope it's not corny when it happens. Maybe Angeline will catch Eddie and Jill together before he has the chance to break things off with her. Really, the possibilities are endless. I'm so glad we don't have to wait almost a year for Indigo Spell. Maybe we will be lucky and she will publish book four in Dec. 2013

Brittany Michelle wrote: "Brittany wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Brittany wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Brittany wrote: "Michelle wrote: "I think Angeline and Eddie are supposed to be a mini Rose and a mini Dimitri. Since I can't sta..."

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I want to go to Walmart to read the first chapter of it... Though I know I shouldn't that's that ultimate tease. It's bad enough reading chapter 1 of a book that comes out in a month, god only knows what I'd do if I had to wait almost a year after reading chapter 1. I'd probably die.

S.L.J. Hmm, intresting. I knew both Adrian and Jill would be angry at Sydney now. :P

Brittany Brie wrote: "http://thebooker.tumblr.com/post/2508...

First chapter^"

Le gasp! Once I go back on my own computer I shall read! Though I feel like reading it right this second lol

message 48: by M. (last edited Jun 15, 2012 12:21PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

M. Brie wrote: "http://thebooker.tumblr.com/post/2508...

First chapter^"

Thanks!

So Sydney is really going to get all witchy sooner than I thought. Well, it doesn't surprise me. Just look at the title of the next book. I like it.

Brittany Brie wrote: "http://thebooker.tumblr.com/post/2508...

First chapter^"

Ok, I finally read it. I agree with Michelle, I wasn't expecting her to get into the witchiness so soon (even though she doesn't want too). I liked it though. Some of the things Sydney thought had me chuckling. (view spoiler)

Miranda I hope Adrian doesn't give up on Sydney. I liked him so much better when he changed

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7