YA LGBT Books discussion

Archived Threads > Anniversary Game Number #3 Guess The Author! WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sammy Goode (last edited Jun 13, 2012 04:57AM) (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments For months now, published authors and “one day I just might” storytellers have hung out together and collectively written some of the finest stories I have ever read! In this game, we are asking you to match the story blurb to the Author! Prizes for this game will be awarded on Friday, June 15th! Happy reading!! (Note: Only moderators are exempt from winning a prize---even if you have a story represented here, we still encourage you to play!!)

NOTE: The winner of the game can choose for either John Goode or Kira Harp (Kaje Harper) to write s story for them.

message 2: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Here's the link for the Quiz:

http://www.goodreads.com/quizzes/1801...

message 3: by Sammy Goode (last edited Jun 15, 2012 04:10AM) (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments **

WOW--this was a VERY close competition--I had to take it down to the amount of TIME it took the winners to complete the quiz to determine placement! So drum roll please!!!!

1st place--coming in at 8 minutes and 44 seconds and winner of a story to be written for him by either John Goode or Kira Harp is:

Matty

2nd place coming in at 10 minutes and 8 seconds:

Kat

3rd place coming in at 10 minutes and 24 seconds:

Kitty

Kat and Kitty please go to the prize vault and pick out a prize! Matty please contact me with the name of the author you would like to have write your story!

Congratulations to everyone!!

message 4: by Shaz (new)

Shaz I'm definitely not doing this one...that would be cheating...LOL!

message 5: by K (new)

K (k-polipetl) | 4090 comments Oh grief, this is the one where I have to admit I can never remember a thing I've written........

message 6: by Shaz (new)

Shaz K wrote: "Oh grief, this is the one where I have to admit I can never remember a thing I've written........"

And I didn't make it too easy either....ROFL

message 7: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Shaz wrote: "K wrote: "Oh grief, this is the one where I have to admit I can never remember a thing I've written........"

And I didn't make it too easy either....ROFL"

Well...I might have changed a few to make it a tad bit easier--hahaha---go take it Shaz just for fun--see what you think!!

message 8: by Shaz (new)

Shaz Sammy2006 wrote: "Shaz wrote: "K wrote: "Oh grief, this is the one where I have to admit I can never remember a thing I've written........"

Well...I might have changed..."

I made it too challenging did I? Lol

message 9: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Shaz wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "Shaz wrote: "K wrote: "Oh grief, this is the one where I have to admit I can never remember a thing I've written........"

Well...I ..."

Kaje complained--between you and I she is just such a task master--always whipping poor Byron and I--just something else--AHAHAHAHA--JOKING--Kaje is a pussycat--it's Byron who does the whipping!!! (hehe) Actually yes--you devil you made it hard!! I had to take pity on everyone especialyl when I couldn't sort them all--ahahaha!!

message 10: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments THIS MAY HELP: the link to the short story thread is:

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...

message 11: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16565 comments Go for it - there are some clues, but I took it by flipping back and forth from the story thread to the quiz - I missed some even so (and I read all of them when they came out) but managed a respectable score. (Only mods can't win the prizes so it doesn't count.)

message 12: by Kat (new)

Kat (cutestsubever) I should be working... instead I've been sitting here the last hour reading all the great stories written by you guys and answering quizzes... The result? So worth it! 18/18 :)

message 13: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Kat wrote: "I should be working... instead I've been sitting here the last hour reading all the great stories written by you guys and answering quizzes... The result? So worth it! 18/18 :)"

You go girl!!!!!!! Woot!!!

message 14: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16565 comments Kat wrote: "I should be working... instead I've been sitting here the last hour reading all the great stories written by you guys and answering quizzes... The result? So worth it! 18/18 :)"

Wow - you're in the running for a story from John (which I think would just be a hoot.)

message 15: by Kat (new)

Kat (cutestsubever) Kaje wrote: "Kat wrote: "I should be working... instead I've been sitting here the last hour reading all the great stories written by you guys and answering quizzes... The result? So worth it! 18/18 :)"

..."

Really? Wow!

message 16: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16565 comments Kat wrote: "Really? Wow! ..."

Yeah, this game and the next one, the top winner gets a custom short story from either John or me - give us names/a picture/a plot/some elements and get a story of your own design :) Should be fun.

message 17: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments bump!!

message 18: by •Erika• (new)

•Erika• (erika606) I'll (try to) do this later, first I've to read those stories :)

message 19: by Andra (new)

Andra (andora) | 43 comments Wow! Sammy and Shaz have worked so hard! Congrats for organizing this event! I'll have to read all the nice stories I've missed and you putting them in one place makes it so much easier for us, lazy people *blush*

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I can't remember if i did this or not.

message 21: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Hall | 560 comments 1/18...my "Don't bother reading the questions or answers" strategy didn't work this time, LOL

message 22: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16565 comments Lizzie wrote: "1/18...my "Don't bother reading the questions or answers" strategy didn't work this time, LOL"

Yeah, counting on luck doesn't always work (although they say getting a number way below chance suggests some kind of psychic powers too...)

message 23: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16565 comments Wow, great job Brad (and Hannah - yes you have a score registered - if you click on the link to the quiz it will show you.)

message 24: by Susan65 (new)

Susan65 I suck! LOL

message 25: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16565 comments Wow, Matty, you rock. Sammy and Shaz did a great job with it. They're going to have to draw to see who gets John's custom story (or mine) - it's great that people are enjoying the stories too.

message 26: by Louise (new)

Louise (lw95) | 795 comments 4/18... haven't read any of the short stories but gave it a go anyway and just guessed them all. Quite proud haha :)

message 27: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Matt wrote: "YAY!!!! I liked this "test." The best tests are the fun ones, and this one was really fun!! Thank you, Sammy, for doing this quiz!! ;)"

Good job Matty!! Just posted a new game!!!

message 28: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Louise wrote: "4/18... haven't read any of the short stories but gave it a go anyway and just guessed them all. Quite proud haha :)"

4 when you didn't read them?? You go girl!!!

message 29: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Susan65"Cougar" wrote: "I suck! LOL"

AH--hey there girlfriend!! We have to chat soon!!!

message 30: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16565 comments Louise wrote: "4/18... haven't read any of the short stories but gave it a go anyway and just guessed them all. Quite proud haha :)"

Guessing is fine - we're glad to have you join in (and Lizzie's guesses first round went pretty well :)

Maybe someday if summer is going slow you might like to check the stories, although the f/f ones are only 3 or 4 out of the lot (besides Lizzie's great poem one for June, that is) and a couple are not HEA. We need another f/f month soon. But there are some great stories in the bunch. Thanks for playing!

message 31: by Louise (new)

Louise (lw95) | 795 comments Kaje wrote: "Louise wrote: "4/18... haven't read any of the short stories but gave it a go anyway and just guessed them all. Quite proud haha :)"

Guessing is fine - we're glad to have you join in (and Lizzie's..."

Yeah I'm going to read through them one day soon, they seem really good from what I've read about what people think of them :)

message 32: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Matt wrote: "Sammy2006 wrote: "Good job Matty!! Just posted a new game!!!"

Thanks for doing all this Sammy! ;)"

Love you Matty!!!

message 33: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments We have our Winners---check it out at the top!! Congrats everyone!!!!

message 34: by Susan65 (new)

Susan65 Congrats everyone, great job!

message 35: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16565 comments Congratulations!! Matty - so... a straight up story from me or one with more humor (and a double decker bus and cats... maybe???) from John?

message 36: by John (new)

John Goode | 156 comments Kaje wrote: "Congratulations!! Matty - so... a straight up story from me or one with more humor (and a double decker bus and cats... maybe???) from John?"

I can write a straight up gay story.

That sounded wrong.

message 37: by Kaje (last edited Jun 15, 2012 06:52AM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16565 comments John wrote: "Kaje wrote: "Congratulations!! Matty - so... a straight up story from me or one with more humor (and a double decker bus and cats... maybe???) from John?"

I can write a straight up gay story.

Th..."

I know you can - but your stories always have this wonderful touch of humor and fun in them that I envy, even when they're serious (that came out wrong too - I don't mean you make fun of being serious... usually.) Anyway, I'm just trying to get Matty to make you write my story - silliness, basically.

message 38: by John (new)

John Goode | 156 comments Kaje wrote: "John wrote: "Kaje wrote: "Congratulations!! Matty - so... a straight up story from me or one with more humor (and a double decker bus and cats... maybe???) from John?"

I can write a straight up g..."

Silly!! SILLY!! Preoare to get slapped with a fish ma;am. I'll show you silly...

Oh wait...that is silly in itself...hummmpphh.

I'll be back!!

message 39: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16565 comments John wrote: "Silly!! SILLY!! Preoare to get slapped with a fish ma;am. I'll show you silly...

I'll be back!! ..."

Aargh - I mean my comment was supposed to be silliness - epic fail at humor, clearly. :D

message 40: by John (new)

John Goode | 156 comments Kaje wrote: "John wrote: "Silly!! SILLY!! Preoare to get slapped with a fish ma;am. I'll show you silly...

I'll be back!! ..."

Aargh - I mean my comment was su..."

I am an epic fail at humor! WELL!! You will be hearing from my lawyer. Who is also that fish i threatened you with because there is a not a large call for dead fish that can argue in court so he takes side jobs thank you very much.

message 41: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16565 comments You can have all the royalties from my free stories and the book value of my dog to pay him off.

message 42: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Author silliness. Where is Eddie when you need him??

message 43: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16565 comments Sammy2006 wrote: "Author silliness. Where is Eddie when you need him??"

Sleeping or eating - what else would a self-respecting cat be doing on a lazy morning?

message 44: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Matt wrote: "WOW, this is so cool! I've never "won" my very own story in a contest before! Now I've got to get my little brain to thinking of a plot!!

Thanks for doing this contest, Sammy! You're the best!"

You are very welcome dear!