UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > [The sick wing]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,324 (1324 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 26 27

message 1: by Emma (last edited Jun 13, 2012 02:28AM) (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Welcome to the sick wing... We have in residence at the moment
GL! She is starting to feel better and has managed to drag herself to work today.. Welcome to return here to be dosed up and looked after should the need arise!
Elle! Who is starting to recoup too.. Just heading out to the shops but I am sure will come back here to lay down soon
Stu!! Poor Stu is laid up, we are trying to make him comfortable so he can catch up on some sleep... I have soup in the pot ready for lunch time (and hot toddies for later!)
And myself!! Have UTI, so plenty of fluids and cranberry juice. Also have a really painful, stiff neck so dosed on pain killers.
If anyone else requires looking after, some tea and sympathy or just generally to be drugged up (?!) then you have come to the right place
Nurse Sly at your service ;-) (teehee my surname lends itself to some great characterisation eh?)

Edit: to change name!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Thanks Emma - cold much better, headache gone, but stomach cramps making themselves felt. If its not one thing its another!

message 3: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine  | 4585 comments I get really bad stomach cramps GL,you should try peppermint tablets.I was a bit sceptical at first but they do work.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Will go looking at lunchtime.

message 5: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine  | 4585 comments I get mine in Holland and Barrett.

message 6: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Yay!

Somewhere to snuggle up.

if recoup means i'm so drugged up on ridiculously strong antibiotics then i am definitely doing that :D

i also got another spray thing for both ears today as it's moving to the other ear. fail.

fortunately, the tablets do great at getting rid of the dizzy head so no more sickness. just painful ears and random moments of blood/gunk dribbling from them.

what a beautiful image i make.

message 7: by Patti (baconater) (last edited Jun 13, 2012 04:26AM) (new)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I put brackets in the thread title to contain the germs. :)

message 8: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Patti (Stir Crazy) wrote: "I put brackets in the thread title to contain the germs. :)"

Ha ha, I wondered when that happened :-)

Elle, you certainly paint a beautiful picture!! Yes, snuggle up by the fire over there and I'll bring you whatever you need xx

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments did me back in last week, but i am on the mend now so does that count, i'm outta before i catch something bye.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Is this wing beside the grumpy corner by any chance, becuase it might be handy to have easy access to both.

message 11: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine  | 4585 comments If you pay a visit to GL's dungeon, Eastwood, i'm sure she would walk up and down on it.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments And I don't think I'm infectious any more.

message 13: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18540 comments Gingerlily (or Cyberlily..) wrote: "Is this wing beside the grumpy corner by any chance, becuase it might be handy to have easy access to both."

There's a connecting corridor, just go through that door on the left, and go straight ahead until you get to the notice board with the huge picture of Simon on it (you can't miss it) then take the first right after that, then go left through the double doors and it's the grey door on the right with a suspicious stain on it (I think someone threw their coffee at it)

message 14: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments The writers cafe is opposite though so you have to be careful not to interrupt their creativity :-)

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Oh and I just discovered the trapdoor leading the back way into my dungeon!

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments Lorraine - roll on the new season wrote: "If you pay a visit to GL's dungeon, Eastwood, i'm sure she would walk up and down on it."

has she got high heels ?

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I have thigh-high black leather studded boots with 6 inch heels.

eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya) | 15991 comments sounds just the ticket.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments They'll look lovely on you I'm sure.

message 20: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Can I be the resident pill-popper ? How I miss popping pills :*(

message 21: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Lorraine - Lover of Jellybeans wrote: "Can I be the resident pill-popper ? How I miss popping pills :*("

Absolutely Lorraine... The job is all yours :-)

message 22: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Versini (lorraineversini) | 8999 comments Thanks !

Now I'm gonna go tell my ex-boss nananaaaaaana ! Apparently he's cursed me for leaving (they're having a bit of a hard time at the pharmacy...)

message 23: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Jasper (elizabethjasper) | 44 comments I like this thread and for once I don't need to be in the sick wing myself. Hugs to you all and get well soon.

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (snibborg) | 9052 comments I'm not sure if it's the Sick Wing, or the Isolation Ward.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments That the bit behind that big metal door with all those bars, locks and bolts on it.

message 26: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18540 comments Geoff if you'd like to come over here for a moment we have this lovely new white jacket for you to try on!

message 27: by Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (last edited Jun 13, 2012 08:31AM) (new)

Geoff (G. Robbins) (merda constat variat altitudo) (snibborg) | 9052 comments Oh no, not getting caught with that one again.

Fool me once, fool on you, fool me 2,837 times, fool on me.

message 28: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments Can I help you Emma? I so miss wearing my uniform;@)

Kay (Golden Girl) | 2286 comments I also had bad back ,bent to pick up something and the pain was excruciating ,spent last 3 days in bed as could not move and only comfortable lying in bed better now, but has happened 3 times in last month, so I can now be discharged from sick bay .

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I see GL has nicked all the rubber gloves and tongue depressors...

And I really don't want to know what she's planning to do with the bedpans.

message 31: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Philip (sarah) wrote: "Can I help you Emma? I so miss wearing my uniform;@)"

Of course you can Sarah....looks like I am gonna need as much help as possible :-)

message 32: by Emma (last edited Jun 13, 2012 09:22AM) (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Although any removal of stitches or staples are mine....... I love that job :-)

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Patti (Stir Crazy) wrote: "I see GL has nicked all the rubber gloves and tongue depressors...

And I really don't want to know what she's planning to do with the bedpans."

Neither do I - I didn't realise thay were all on that trolley, I didn't look on the bottom shelf...

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Get well everyone!

Anyone want me to mop their fevered brow....?

;0)

message 35: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments Geoff (G. Robbins) (The noisy passionfruit) wrote: "I'm not sure if it's the Sick Wing, or the Isolation Ward."

G. Rob!!! What are you DOING in here!!!

The last thing we need is to cross the common cold with the avian variety!!!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Geoff has a sick pond out in the garden specially for him!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Sick pond?

Okay, I don't think you mean what I think you meant cuz that is just too disgusting.

message 38: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Patti (Stir Crazy) wrote: "Sick pond?

Okay, I don't think you mean what I think you meant cuz that is just too disgusting."

Lol!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments No Patti dear. A pond for sick birds. There is no other interpretation of that that I really want to contemplate.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Surely you've had enough bird excitement for one day?

message 41: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Oh yuck!

message 42: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Don't mind me..... I am just gonna curl up in a ball and wait for my breathing to return to normal..... God I hate asthma!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Atchh---oooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Kay (Golden Girl) | 2286 comments bless you!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Well at least my nose isn't clogged up now...

message 46: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments Emma (Emz) wrote: "Don't mind me..... I am just gonna curl up in a ball and wait for my breathing to return to normal..... God I hate asthma!"

Poor Emz! Here have a brownie: don't inhale the crumbs!

message 47: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Big hugs Emma!

message 48: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18540 comments *wipes cheek*

Thanks GL

Can I get a tissue please?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Is this where I can get a stitch put in my gum cut?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 26 27