The Sword and Laser discussion

This topic is about 2312

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Walrus (last edited Jun 13, 2012 12:33AM) (new)

Walrus | 80 comments Hi my name is Jeremie, I'm so and so and I don't want to waist any money. :-)

I am about to purchase 2312 from Google Books. I want to test this on my Droid, and I'm dying to read this book.

btw: Establishing communication [snail mail] routes between oppressed city states, is far more compelling, than some silly super hero take off guy, belting out justice. That said, the latter sounds entertaining and it also reminds me that Stallone was great in Judge Dredd, but I digress.

If 2312 was real bad, can someone let me know before 6/14/12. Thank You. Of course I know that you'll have to see this before then, and the time is short.

If anyone wants to give me a hard time about being so late on reading it, I retort "One or two of us in this country is unemployed, and money for books went down the list for awhile"

message 2: by Walrus (new)

Walrus | 80 comments Darren, Veronica said it was Post-Apocalyptic and I am fascinated by those stories - good movies or print. Excerpts I've seen show the book giving an explanation of how the world decayed. I love that idea, I think I'm going to enjoy it. I'll let you know.

message 3: by Walrus (new)

Walrus | 80 comments Daren, oh and sorry no I haven't read anything by this Author. I used to read lots of Stephen King, and some were good some were bad.

The book he wrote so his kids could read his work, The Eyes of the Dragon was quite original and has his edge to it, but was nothing like his then normal stuff. It sounds reasonable now, but this was wrote long before The Gunslinger was published.

message 4: by Walrus (new)

Walrus | 80 comments Daren, oh and sorry no I haven't read anything by this Author. I used to read lots of Stephen King, and some were good some were bad.

The book he wrote so his kids could read his work, The Eyes of the Dragon was quite original and has his edge to it, but was nothing like his then normal stuff. It sounds reasonable now, but this was wrote long before The Gunslinger was published.

If I see posts to sway me in the next 27 hours then I'll make a decision, but I like this genre of books enough to give this book a chance and allow my enthusiasm to keep me going

message 5: by Rik (new)

Rik | 777 comments I obtained the Mars trilogy in some sort of package bundle so I felt obligated to read it. I struggled through the first two books and eventually lemmed the 3rd one midway. I've never considered going back and finishing.

So needless to say I likely won't try this new book of his.

message 6: by Tamahome (new) - added it

Tamahome | 6352 comments Try the sample. It depends on your taste. It has a lot of science, even some chapters that read like non-fiction...

message 7: by Walrus (new)

Walrus | 80 comments thanks