Jane Austen discussion

General Discussion > Anyone subscribe to Jane Austen's Regency World Magazine?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (atomicempress) | 58 comments I noticed on the Jane Austen Centre that they have the magazine Jane Austen's Regency World Magazine available to both UK and other countries. Does anyone get the magazine? I was just wondering what it was all about and what all was featured in a typical issue. Thanks. I hope this is okay to post about.
-Pammie

message 2: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 1458 comments I'm interested to. Any thoughts would be great :)

message 3: by Megan (new)

Megan I do. It is wonderful. It has articles on various Jane related topics - the books and characters, locations where Jane lived and people she knew or read, history of the time, social customs of the times, book reviews of everything from scholarly works to popular novels. I love the ads - wonderful stuff. It has a very high production level - glossy and beautiful photos. I'm a big fan.

message 4: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 1458 comments How Much is it to subscribe if you don't mind me asking? I want to know!!

message 5: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 1458 comments Sorry I meant I want to now. As in j want to subscribe!!

message 6: by Pamela (last edited Jun 13, 2012 04:31PM) (new)

Pamela (atomicempress) | 58 comments a UK one year subscription is £33.00 or $52.47 and a outside the UK subscription is $61.53 or £38.70. They also sell the individual issues on the website for £3.50 or $5.57 if you just want to check it out first.
-Pammie
P.S. that is all according to the JA Centre website.

message 7: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 1458 comments Oh right thanks. Thats not much for a year!! :D may have to subscribe... :D

message 8: by G (new)

G Hodges (glh1) | 8 comments I have a subscription and I really like the articles. Some have excellent discussion points. For those who subscribe (it takes a while longer to get to me in the US) could we start a discussion thread on the articles?

message 9: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 1458 comments I'm thinking about it :) I hope I can...

message 10: by Megan (new)

Megan G - excellent idea for discussion! Jump in!!

message 11: by G (new)

G Hodges (glh1) | 8 comments http://janeaustenmagazine.co.uk/

This is the link to the magazine home page. Not much there unless you are a subscriber. One of the articles for this issue is on Olympic sports during the Regency era. Do you think Jane would have been as engrossed with the Olympics as we are today? Did you know women played cricket in Regency era England?

message 12: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 1458 comments I have just subscribed his month! My first issue should be arriving soon!! :D