Young Adult Book Reading Challenges discussion

Personalized recommendations > Books with a teacher as a love interest?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily Donnellan (fallingforya) | 34 comments I'm looking for books where the teacher/mentor becomes a love interest. They can be YA or adult. The only ones I have been able to find have been The Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead and Divergent/Insurgent by Veronica Roth.

Thanks!

message 2: by Roshini (new)

message 3: by Jenny (new)

message 4: by Nancy (new)

message 5: by Fred (new)

Fred (flybrariman) | 10 comments Jenny wrote: "Boy Toy by Barry Lyga"

Oh man, that is such a good book. Honestly I thought it might be kind of creepy, but it is such an emotional read. Good thinking to include this one, Jenny!

message 6: by Erica (last edited Jun 13, 2012 09:27PM) (new)

Erica Fosmoe (ericaejw968) | 4 comments Prey by Laurene McDaniel

I have to admit that it is a more scandalous read, but it definitely will leave an impression.

message 7: by Fred (new)

Fred (flybrariman) | 10 comments Erica wrote: "Prey by Laurene McDaniel

I have to admit that it is a more scandalous read, but it definitely will leave an impression."

Interesting that there aren't so many regular old relationships with a teacher, lol. I guess that's YA for ya!

message 8: by Fred (new)

message 9: by Julia (new)

Julia | 432 comments I agree with Fred and Jenny about Boy Toy by Barry Lyga .

message 10: by Emily (new)

Emily Donnellan (fallingforya) | 34 comments Thanks for all the great recommendations everyone! Can you think of any that have a paranormal element as well? I feel like I am asking for a lot now lol

message 11: by Jade (new)

Jade Varden (jadevarden) I think I might know one that qualifies, but I don't remember the full title of the book. It's a James Patterson, and "Tiffany's" is in the title (Tiffany's the jewelry store). The cover's blue, like the Tiffany box. It's about a little girl and her imaginary friend, and anyway they become love interests once she grows up and there's something a bit supernatural about him.

message 12: by Kcee (new)

Kcee | 5 comments On the Island  by Tracey Garvis-Graves
its a new book just released within the last few weeks. i was talking about this today with a co worker who is a sub teacher also. Its about a 30yo teacher spending a summer with a 16yo boy whos cancer is in remission. On the way the plane crashes and their trapped on a deserted island together. It is being pushed and advertised at the bookstores. Not my thing but sounds just what your looking for.

message 13: by Kcee (new)

Kcee | 5 comments http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/30... i found that link on the site as well. lots of books in this topic

message 14: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (narcisse) Oh, nice. I didn't even think to check for a list. It's a pretty good list, too.

message 15: by Emily (new)

Emily Donnellan (fallingforya) | 34 comments Kcee wrote: "http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/30... i found that link on the site as well. lots of books in this topic"

Wow! I didn't even know this list existed, thanks so much =D

message 16: by Alex (new)

Alex Gabriel's Inferno (Gabriel's Inferno #1) by Sylvain Reynard and Gabriel's Rapture(Gabriel's Inferno #2) by Sylvain Reynard

Awesome professor-student romance!!!

message 17: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new)

Angie | 2687 comments Mod
If I remember correctly I think this series has one (not that I loved this series though)
Marked (House of Night, #1) by P.C. Cast